Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com (3134 Views)

The 10 Hottest Artists In Nigeria Compiled By Notjustok.com / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by OvieO1: 5:27am On Sep 09, 2009
Mode9 stans!

It's 09-09-09 already (actually not yet by my own time in yankee). Regardless, you can go download ModeNine's new mixtape on,  (fill in the blanks) before the rest of Nigeria wakes up. You know how we do,

http://www.notjustok.com/2009/09/08/download-mode9-09-09-09-mixtape/
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by mbulela: 6:44am On Sep 09, 2009
i like the I WAS THERE track.
he tried sha.
i guess it will generate a lot of talk soon as per its contents.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by slimshay(m): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2009
downloading right now, modo, o wi be se be (e talk so, e do so)!!! opinions later cool
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by ofokasibe: 7:29am On Sep 09, 2009
[size=15pt]well i see a lotta old nine songs we have already seen , i was expecting totally new shit!
i want him to flow on more beats , next time we go suggest beats for am
but regardless i like the death of the wack rappers more
[/size]
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by DBR: 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2009
That's bout 7 nu tracks, of course some had been put out earlier
Feelin Bring it back, I was there, DOA freestyle, Harmless fling funny shit, liquor(lick her) license grin
I'v always liked the melodious nature of OLORIBURU
Some [i]nice[/i]NASTY lyrics by OD n M9 on Downsouth, dirty dirty dirty, "got a head from a chinese chic, her [i]tonguefu[/i]ws baad"
"listenin to Fela gettin MouthAction from a gurl" "leave her lookin like fatherxmas wit a white beard", eeewwwww
"That's the things" aint bad too.
"Journey so far 2" keepin it real track, no hypes,just strait up reality talk.
Generally, the trade mark lyrics still present so no digity.
Nice job on this mixtape , IMO
oNe
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by slimshay(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
some old tracks in here. wassup mode?
been waiting on tracks chronicling naija hip hop, i was there, bring it back comes close, though its more from his point of view. i'm expectin more veterans to put history on wax, no distortions please.
all in all lovely mixtape, more importanly, thanks for the new materials man. waiting on the album.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by craziest: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2009
Silly head y didnt he just admit he failed than pulling out old rubbish, i fit slap that FAT9
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by DBR: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2009
craziest:

Silly head y didnt he just admit he failed than pulling out old rubbish, i fit slap that FAT9
LWKMD!! grin
I for slap am too, until i realised
-bout 6 tracks are really new,
-Harmless fling, Pretty eye, who da best were online briefly
and no one cld download them and they were not mixed
same for the rest.
So to me it's a pass mark,especially cos he has bout 4 to 5
single out from d upcomin album.
Make we no lie the guy dey try.
For me, it's a YES! grin
oNe
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by rapjunkie(m): 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
I cant download this till later. . . . BUT its mode9 so i know what to expect from the most PROLIFIC hip hop star naija has ever produced
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by mbulela: 4:26am On Sep 10, 2009
in that I WAS THERE TRACK;
who wanted to kill himself?
Blackface was writing all the songs for PB?
any answers?
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dammiecool(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2009
mbulela:

any answers?

Itumo
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dejiariyo: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2009
mbulela:

any answers?

question 1, i think its shud be ayeni, modenine made a reference to him in death blow, commit sucisde like ayeni

question 2, its a known fact blackface wrote most of plantation boiz songs, tuface even said it
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by audio: 11:58am On Sep 10, 2009
Same old Mode 9. Talent wasting. He needs to change his management team. Sometimes it's not just about having the gift, it's knowing how to use it. Plus, he needs to find a marketer that will believe in his cause and really take him mainstream and for that to happen, he needs a big hit.

From the lyrics of the "i was there" track, the guy don dey become grandfather for the game and he's been active the whole time. By now, he should be a Don dada for Naija on that Jay-Z, N3 million a gig level.

This is not hating. I'm just telling it as i see it. The guy can definitely flow, but he needs to change his team. That's all i'm saying.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by mbulela: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
mode 9 is a secret cult.
not for everybody just for the chosen few  wink
he is a purist, he does not need commercial success. such materialism is sinful.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by mbulela: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
dejiariyo:

question 1, i think its shud be ayeni, modenine made a reference to him in death blow, commit sucisde like ayeni

question 2, its a known fact blackface wrote most of plantation boiz songs, tuface even said it
thanks dejiariyo.
on the question 1, which Ayeni?
is it Adekunle?
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by audio: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
mbulela:

mode 9 is a secret cult.
not for everybody just for the chosen few  wink
he is a purist, he does not need commercial success. such materialism is sinful.

Then at least you and your fellow purists should support the guys music by buying it, instead of constantly asking for download links.

I don't care how you spin it. It's yes men like you that are stopping him from progressing.

HE NEEDS A HIT RECORD TO STAY RELEVANT. If you can't make hit records in the music business, even underground hit records, then you are just the same as all the other joe bloggs.

Talib Kweli, Common, Mobb Depp, Kanye, all underground cults, but they blew up.

Mode 9 seems to make music for the same 100 guys everytime.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dejiariyo: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
audio:

Then at least you and your fellow purists should support the guys music by buying it, instead of constantly asking for download links.

I don't care how you spin it. It's yes men like you that are stopping him from progressing.

HE NEEDS A HIT RECORD TO STAY RELEVANT. If you can't make hit records in the music business, even underground hit records, then you are just the same as all the other joe bloggs.

Talib Kweli, Common, Mobb Depp, Kanye, all underground cults, but they blew up.

Mode 9 seems to make music for the same 100 guys everytime.

how do u guys come to conclusion that modenine is really broke?
his own car,record label,his own crib studio, okay tell me anyother rapper that can boast of all this, thank yu
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dammiecool(m): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
dejiariyo:

how do u guys come to conclusion that modenine is really broke?
his own car,record label,his own crib studio, okay tell me anyother rapper that can boast of all this, thank yu

his own car- d baboon manage buy one tokunbo infinity jeep (1997model) grin hin mate get pass one car.
his own crib- see as he talk am like say na him build d house
studio-having a studio below standard don become achivement abi?
record label- ehen wetin dat one con mean artist wey just come yesterday sef get hin own label

the truth is dat mode 9 is d oldest in d game with nothin 2 show 4 it angry grin cheesy wink
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by audio: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
dammiecool:

his own car- d baboon manage buy one tokunbo infinity jeep (1997model) grin hin mate get pass one car.
studio-having a studio  below standard don become achivement abi?
record label- ehen wetin dat one con mean artist wey just come yesterday sef get hin own label

the truth is dat mode 9 is d oldest in d game with nothin 2 show 4 it angry grin cheesy wink

For once i co-sign Dammiecool. By now, he should be huge. I've listened to his new mixtape. The mixing is sub standard and none of the songs is pushing the brand any further.
If he owns his own label, he should fire everybody and re hire the right people.

I see ruggedman videos on Nigeezie everyday, MI on Nigeezie everyday, Naeto c same thing, even K16 i see everyday, no Mode 9. There's something wrong there.

If he doesn't want his legacy to be wasted, he should get cracking.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dejiariyo: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
audio:

For once i co-sign Dammiecool. By now, he should be huge. I've listened to his new mixtape. The mixing is sub standard and none of the songs is pushing the brand any further.
If he owns his own label, he should fire everybody and re hire the right people.

I see ruggedman videos on Nigeezie everyday, MI on Nigeezie everyday, Naeto c same thing, even K16 i see everyday, no Mode 9. There's something wrong there.

If he doesn't want his legacy to be wasted, he should get cracking.

if u truly know what u talking about hiphop u shud know good music are never played on radio and not even shown on tv, if u judging artiste by their airplays then nas shud not even be one of the greatest, if u want good songs u know where to get it, if u want terry g, go on nigezie
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by audio: 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
dejiariyo:

if u truly know what u talking about hiphop u shud know good music are never played on radio and not even shown on tv, if u judging artiste by their airplays then nas shud not even be one of the greatest, if u want good songs u know where to get it, if u want terry g, go on nigezie

Omo, i rest my case. With fans like you, how will he ever progress.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dejiariyo: 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2009
audio:

Omo, i rest my case. With fans like you, how will he ever progress.

if u not a fan, i dont think u in the best position to tell him what to do, he is no a kid and we fans aint kids as well but anyway thank you for ur obervation, the guy no dey drink garri, we dey here together dey chop better,holla if u want some lmao
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by javalove(m): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
dammiecool:

studio-having a studio below standard don become achivement abi?

when he didnt have car, its fools like u that keep running ur dirty mouths saying he dorsnt have a car.
now he has a car. . .a jeep at that, u say his mates have more than one car. . .

and who told u modenine is a financial competition wiv any of those reggareton dons?

and who even told u modenine is broke?

and where did u get the news that he doesnt get airplays?

hmmmm. . . i think the best thing is for u to commit suicide. . .yes and i mean it. . .

he gets shows, drops mixtapes like he's drinking water, and dere is no known nigerian rapper is as skillful as he is. . .

weda u guys like it or not. . .MODENINE IS KING AND HE IS STILL RELEVANT IN D GAME

The rug headed fool who runs his mouth every now and then cant be called the best cos of the money he has. . .(which i still maintain that he is a baron. . .u either take it or leave it)
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by audio: 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
javalove:

when he didnt have car, its fools like u that keep running your dirty mouths saying he dorsnt have a car.
now he has a car. . .a jeep at that, u say his mates have more than one car. . .

and who told u modenine is a financial competition wiv any of those reggareton dons?

hmmmm. . .  i think the best thing is for u to commit suicide. . .yes and i mean it. . .

he gets shows, drops mixtapes like he's drinking water, and dere is no known nigerian rapper is as skillful as he is. . .

weda u guys like it or not. . .MODENINE IS KING AND HE IS STILL RELEVANT IN D GAME

The rug headed fool who runs his mouth every now and then cant be called the best cos of the money he has. . .(which i still maintain that he is a baron. . .u either take it or leave it)

Well, as i said before, with fans like this, how will he ever progress.

Without hits, relevant is relative
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dammiecool(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
@java
if u like kill yaself 0 tongue tongue tongue
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by dammiecool(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
@java
if u like kill yaself 0 tongue tongue tongue
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by mightymike(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE!
MAINSTREAM SUCCESS AND ACCEPTANCE DOES NOT ALWAYS INFER GREATNESS.
MARKETING ASIDE, AND JUDGING STRICTLY BY TALENT, MODENINE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!
I DONT SPIN MODENINE SHIT IN THE CLUB COS PEOPLE JUST WANNA PARTY AND LISTEN TO POP SHIT, BUT WHEN I DRIVE HOME FROM THE CLUB, YOU KNOW WHAT I LISTEN TO.
YEARS FROM NOW, SOME KID IS GONNA SAMPLE MODE9 JOINTS AND PERHAPS EARN COMMERCIAL SUCCESS. THE STREETS WATCHING

"I'm so underground, the devil be asking who's down there, "
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by lawrence83: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
javalove:

when he didnt have car, its fools like u that keep running your dirty mouths saying he dorsnt have a car.

hmmmm. . . i think the best thing is for u to commit suicide. . .yes and i mean it. . .

baron? hmmmm na wa oh, think u just hate this guy. and if he is,then bring ya proof
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by lawrence83: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
modenine! great songs, u try.
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by mbulela: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
mightymike:

GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE!
MAINSTREAM SUCCESS AND ACCEPTANCE DOES NOT ALWAYS INFER GREATNESS.
MARKETING ASIDE, AND JUDGING STRICTLY BY TALENT, MODENINE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!
I DONT SPIN MODENINE SHIT IN THE CLUB COS PEOPLE JUST WANNA PARTY AND LISTEN TO POP SHIT, BUT WHEN I DRIVE HOME FROM THE CLUB, YOU KNOW WHAT I LISTEN TO.
YEARS FROM NOW, SOME KID IS GONNA SAMPLE MODE9 JOINTS AND PERHAPS EARN COMMERCIAL SUCCESS. THE STREETS WATCHING

with all due respect, your analogy is fundamentally fault.
to be a great you must mix commercial success with outstanding talent.
one without the other is questionable.
talent is relatively subjective but commercial success is obvious to all and easily measurable.
until Mode has a measure of both, all these greatest and best adjectives are misplaced.
mention one great, without a measure of both.
btw, why greatest rapper alive? is the greatest dead?
Re: Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com by DBR: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2009
mbulela:

with all due respect, your analogy is fundamentally fault.
to be a great you must mix commercial success with outstanding talent.
one without the other is questionable.
talent is relatively subjective but commercial success is obvious to all and easily measurable.
until Mode has a measure of both, all these greatest and best adjectives are misplaced.
mention one great, without a measure of both.
btw, why greatest rapper alive? is the greatest dead?

Is the greatest dead?
U wuddnt ask that Q if u r one of those who think Biggie is the greatest
And if u r one of those who think it's 2pac u'l quickly rethink the relevance of that Q.
Plus, it's also a parlance, BRA-Best Rapper Alive, of Greatest Rapper Alive.

As per a MEASURE OF BOTH COMMERCIAL SUCCESS and OUTSTANDING SKILL
The question is does M9 not posses this? Except im ignorant of watya mean by "a measure o[/b]f".
So i say ma friend, that the [b]"fundamental"
flaw u ascribed to Mightymike's view has no foundation either.
Thank u. grin
oNe

(1) (Reply)

Flavour - Odiro Easy (video) / Brand New Video From Mista Xto - Na You Dem Send [remix] / Drake Begs To Be Featured In Wizkid's Song Manya Remix (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.