Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,011 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains (7705 Views)

Playstation 3 Vs Nintendo Wii Vs Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by ayotee2000(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2009
Nigeria was not amused. The government promptly demanded an apology from Sony, for allegedly damaging (or attempting to) the nation's upstanding reputation.

Someone should kindly enlighten me as to this upstanding reputation being referred to here!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
ayotee2000:

[size=14pt]Nigeria was not amused.[/size] The government promptly demanded an apology from Sony, [size=14pt]for allegedly damaging (or attempting to) the nation's upstanding reputation. [/size]

Someone should kindly enlighten me as to this upstanding reputation being referred to here!

The joke of the century!!!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by skylooh(m): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
Well  done madam rebranding for not taking that Poo  lying low
if she  and all positive thinking and patriotic nigerians did not protest, that useless advert will still be runing damn! Zap sony!! nonsense! INSULTING A WHOLE COUNTRY JUST TO SELL THEIR FAKE PRODUCT hiss
sony made the driest joke of the century
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
My brother who is not too much of a game freak just got one. Why? Because of the hype surrounding the advert.

These organisations are smart. Some of us wont even know that a play station 3 was launched if not for the "Nigerianness" of the commercial.
We all remmeber how we went cazy looking for Femi Kuti's Bang Bang Bang when it was banned from Nigeria's air waves?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by U1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
That's one commendable thing the FG seem to have done for a very long time, though I can't remember the other good things they have done. It appears like these people, or their agents, do visit Nairaland, this place is really effective o. People, so make una dey speak una mind dey go.

But as some posters have stated, the Sony folks have already accoplished their aim, [I]fait accompli[/I].
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by dbaptist1(m): 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
METHINKS ITS TIME WE STARTED DOING SUMTIN 'BOUT OUR BAD IMAGE
ITS NOT ABOUT NIGERIA , GUD PEOPLE AND ALL DAT STUFF
WE NEED SUMTIN CONCRETE
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
We have always been all talk and NO ACTION ( note: not little action)

What the frell is Nigeria : Good People, Great Nation? What does that mean when a majority of the populace are dishonest folks? How can they be good and dishonest at the same time?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by kosovo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2009
Who cares about upsetting the Nigerian Government?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by jingoma(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2009
YaY!!!!! I guess now that puts an end to Nigeria's Image as conniving thieves and fraudsters
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Spike88(f): 1:41am On Sep 10, 2009
please abeg! did they tell a lie.

How does this put food on the table, provide power to our homes, provide good medical care and drugs for our children and repair our roads?

The whole Sony corp episode is just a smoke screen.

What does it matter who calls you bad, if indeed you are bad?!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by dreamz701(f): 4:22am On Sep 10, 2009
Yes, saw the advert has been corrected, thumbs up!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by honeric01(m): 5:22am On Sep 10, 2009
Animals!!!
Animals!!!
Animals will keep passing faces even where they feed from.

So because there are fraudsters in Nigeria, I should suck whatever people say about my country Maybe some of you have another country to call yours, but Nigeria remain my country wether GOOD OR BAD.

the germans caused worldwar, more than 50million people perished!!! Today no one is banning germans or refusing them from entering their country for fear of killing more people or causing war.
Uk, Spain, Portugal and co started slave trade, today no one is banning or refusing them from entering their country for fear of kidnapping their citizens.
EVEN THOUGH MORE PAKISTANI AND IRAQIS ARE KNOWN TO BE SUICIDE BOMBERS, THEY ARE AS MANY AS THE POPULATION OF A WHOLE CITY IN THE UK, NO ONE IS USING THAT TO BAN or make them look like an outcast in The UK.

Why does the world just want to eat up nigeria at every little opportunity?

I think i suspect one thing, NigeriaNS are the ANIMALS HERE. They pass faces wherever they eat from. They use their country as a footmat by allowing whatever to climb on it, Suck it up fools
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by kosovo(m): 6:32am On Sep 10, 2009
Insert Quote
Animals!!!
Animals!!!
Animals will keep passing faces even where they feed from.

So because there are fraudsters in Nigeria, I should suck whatever people say about my country Maybe some of you have another country to call yours, but Nigeria remain my country wether GOOD OR BAD.
NIGERIA IS DOOMED, period,
keep making noise! ANIMAL
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by sojioguns(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2009
I am a Nigerian and the ad made my day when I saw it IN NIGERIA. Sony was only stating the obvious men. I dont know why Nigerians are taking it so personal but they also generalise and say all Italian rich families are Mafia. THey also generalise and say the only thing Calabar (a state in Nigeria) girls know how to do is f*&k.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by sojioguns(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2009
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321063.0.html
Now tell me, why won't companies like Sony continue to create ads like that?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by shesi(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2009
I saw this ad still playing on my TV in it's original form yesterday. Primetime. On CBS matter of fact. I don't think Sony has any intension of pulling the ad. It came on three time during one show. It's obviously a popular ad.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2009
[size=15pt]Sony finally apologize to Nigerians
[/size]

SCEA Statement Regarding PlayStation®3 TV Advertising
It has come to our attention that a recent TV advertisement for PlayStation® may have offended some members of the Nigerian community. We never intended to create a situation that would upset anyone, and we have taken action to immediately remove the advertisement from the air. We apologize to anyone this may have offended.

Source: http://www.us.playstation.com/News/ConsumerAlerts
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by opad(m): 11:54am On Sep 10, 2009
Nice job there Dora. She's just been victimized, getting blames for bad deeds of past governments, to me she's the Right person for the Wrong job.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by chidichris(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
wether the advert is changed or not, wether an appology is rendered or not, we all know the truth about ourselves.
we are a bunch of unrepentant criminals
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by MrCrackles(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
chidichris:

wether the advert is changed or not, wether an appology is rendered or not, we all know the truth about ourselves.
GBAM! grin cheesy grin
Thank God i am not Nigerian. . . cool
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by TheSeeker(m): 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
chidichris:

Including yourself?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by MadMax1(f): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
For damaging or attempting to damage its upstanding reputation
The sarcasm. Some foreign news reporter, no doubt. sigh
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by joxiri: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
Good news now its time for district 9 to be edited
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by honeric01(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
kosovo:

NIGERIA IS DOOMED, period,
keep making noise! ANIMAL

Nigeria appears to be doomed because animals like you hailed from her. until hailstones rain on people like you whereever you are, maybe we won't see the change the optimistic Nigerians deserve. embarassed
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by ezeagu(m): 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Mad_Max:

For damaging or attempting to damage its upstanding reputation
The sarcasm. Some foreign news reporter, no doubt. sigh

Can you imagine the embarrassment. embarassed
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by oge4real(f): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
I dont havetime for plenty grammar, all i know is that my heart rejoiced at the news that the stupid ad was modified, at least it means we still got some little regard remaining.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by mystikal(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
tpia.:

Wii is where its at.
I haven’t played the Wii yet but to me it looks like mindless “fun.” Tho I don’t like d defense that the Wii makes you sweat instead of being lazy. A main point of video games is being lazy. If you want to sweat go out and play some real sports, but when you want to be lazy play a video game.
XBOX360> PS3 >Wii. grin
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by ciscostaz: 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
[quote ]
It's not only Nigerians involved in online scams, but it's mainly NIgerians involved in the 'Nigerian Email' scam - emails promising a large share of loot from an ex-general etc.  I have over 3000 posts on Nairaland, with most of them centered on Nigeria and Nigerian issues. How stupid can you be to assume i'm not Nigerian ? You papier-mache patriots amuse me. How many of you bothered to vote during the last elections sef? How many pay taxes? .
[quote][/quote]

@Texapette

Can you see how sensible you are with words? But I will not argue with you. I can imagine the kind of person you are.

Who told you that people dont vote? And who told you people do not pay tax? ah you better go and do your research very well.

Despite the fact that sometimes our votes do not count (because of rigging) but people still vote.  People pay taxes too. Apart from the private sector which i dont know much about, taxes are deducted from salaries etc.

Have you ever traveled out of this country before? Dont worry. You will understand one day.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by lekside44(m): 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
well, i can see anything wrong in the advert. in fact sony is rigth. there are lot of nigerianpeople who are now millioniares through ealse mail/ scam. these are the type of people sony is refering to. i have a book on network security in which under scam mails, nigeria is used as example. what has dora or who ever has to say about that?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Nezan(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
world war I and internet? dont think that is a good replacement.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by nethacker(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2009
lekside44:

well, i can see anything wrong in the advert. in fact sony is rigth. there are lot of nigerianpeople who are now millioniares through ealse mail/ scam. these are the type of people sony is refering to. i have a book on network security in which under scam mails, nigeria is used as example. what has dora or who ever has to say about that?
Please namesake,who aurthored the network security book in question?can we chat so i can get a copy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Pes 2016 For Ppsspp? / Just Bought A Xbox 360 Console / What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.