Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,421 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

DSS Constantly Harrasing Our Members, IPOB Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Constantly Harrasing Our Members, IPOB Cries Out (385 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's File Missing At Appeal Court In Abuja - IPOB Cries Out / Buhari Not Harrasing Jonathan's Family, Law is Taking Its Course - Presidency / Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DSS Constantly Harrasing Our Members, IPOB Cries Out by chuksmoni: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2016
says, members still missing

By Chimaobi Nwaiwu Nnewi

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has cried out over alleged constant harassment and arrest of innocent people in the guise of being IPOB members.

A statement by IPOB Media and Publicity Officer, Emma Powerful, they alleged that security agents have been intimidating and arresting innocent members of the public.

“Since the May 29 and 30, 2016 cold blooded massacre of our members and non-members inside the church at Nkpor in Anambra State, the DSS and other security agents have been going around and arresting anybody they suspect to be our members and dumping them in their detention cells without trial.

“The security agents are causing much harm and injuries on our people by going round the cities of Biafra land and arresting innocent people they believe to be members of IPOB,” he said.

IPOB said it observed with great dismay the number of IPOB members missing, describing it as alarming, adding that they are finding it difficult to ascertain the total number of missing people.

“We are still looking for so many of our members, who have been missing since the attack during the Biafra remembrance. We are appealing to the international community to do something about this”

He said that “most IPOB members and their families are now living in fear following harassment from security agents. We cannot continue living in such condition just because we are demanding for the independent state of Biafra.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/dss-constantly-harrasing-our-members-ipob-cries-out/
Re: DSS Constantly Harrasing Our Members, IPOB Cries Out by joeprince23(m): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2016
Truth be told, this harrassing of inocent civilians and killing of unarmed protesters by security forces is highly condemable. I remember hw this so called DSS damaged my vehicle when they came to rumukwurushi area of port-harcourt in search of ipob members at a residensial area, i wash just driving out of the shell estate along aba road in portharcourt when some armed men attack my vehicle,if not for my ID card i wonder what would have happened to me. I only realised they were DSS officials because of the inscriptions on their shirts. Some people even mistook them for militants/armed robbers... This MUST stop, Lalasticlala come and see what this daura service is causing
Re: DSS Constantly Harrasing Our Members, IPOB Cries Out by XieXie: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2016
While fulani murderers enjoy their protection of buwari

(1) (Reply)

#dasukigate: Obanikoro Accuses EFCC Of Evidence Forgery..... / PHOTOS: President Buhari Hosts Special Envoy African Union Peace Fund Team / Flood Demolishes Houses, Kills A Mother And Her 3 Children In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.