Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! (17916 Views)

When You Eventually Get That Dream Job / Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Going from the last thread i Posted? https://www.nairaland.com/3193786/just-before-take-job-see, I saw alot of peeps complain about not getting even a Job, talk more of rejecting the ones they have seen cheesy, Then I asked myself, what is the problem.....
The first thing that comes to my mind is Blaming the Government!! angry.. But the question is, "Can the Government ever change?" HELL NO.
All we need do is take the Bull by the horn like Miss onstelly advised. How can we achieve that?... lets see the steps below cool

1) Learn the art of Networking: There are people who know people who have lots of Job to give. The question now is "Who do you know"?.. you follow alot of friends on Instagram, facebook, nairaland, but in esscence, Who are you following? The person you are following, What is the aim? who does he/she know?
They say Sales men are the most wicked people, you know why?.. We dont follow you without an aim..You must have something to attract our attention. Same thing should apply to you. Before you get that dream know people because they might be the ones to give you that Dream Job.. They can be seen in Your churches, Mosques, neighborhood, etc. If you think knowing people is stressful, Jump to number 2. cheesy

2) Know what you want: It marvels me when I ask University graduates what sector of the economy they wish to work in, all they say is "Anywhere money dey".. Money is everywhere, but believe you me, you may end up not finding it because you don't know your direction! I always wanted to sell, and i never sat at home looking for Job. Even during my university days, I sold Insurance! I sold anything I could lay my hands on.. During my service year, I sold commission basis for an IT firm... And you know the end product, I ended up acquiring more than 3 years experience when i finished service.. I went for my first interview, and then..... BOOM!! Know what you want. When you know what you want, you won't be lost in the crowd, You will be a pro even before getting the Job and believe me, employers love such! Just Incase you still getting the experience, and you feel broke, try Number 3 cheesy.

3) Engage in something profitable: Don't despise the days of little beginning.. That adage is as old as Kinglee1 and Maxi112. Everybody wants to get rich quick, that is why they display alot of fake lifestyle on social medias.."Don't Fall for that Trap". Take your time, and find something you can do to Pay your bills, rent, Data Sub. It gives you the necessary confidence and the belief that you are working hard. Even if you are going to teach in a Primary school, Sell earpiece at computer village, Sell Insurance at Oshodi, anything thine hand findeth to do, and it brings money, Just do it!! but if you feel you don't have the calling of working under someone, Try number 4 wink

4) Learn the art of becoming your own boss: If there is something that can propel you to becoming your own boss, It is Lack of Job and fear of being Broke. I can't tell you Business Ideas and and to operate them, But i believe that "Nairaland" can answer that question. Even if you don't have money to sub, there are lots of people around you that can help you with Ideas.. Lots of them! Most of them like i have observed can be started with a little capital and it is fun doing! Forget the shame, Forget the title of being called "Graduate", it is just a title that can't earn you money.. be creative and get going... Then see how in few years time, you may end up employing Graduates and MBA holders into your firm...

Above all, avoid blaming the Government of not creating Jobs... Once you start the blame game, you will lose Ideas! The APC government can bear me witness. So while we enjoy the Holidays, always remember these four tips and QUIT "Tapping into people's testimonies" grin

Complied by BiafraBushBoy(Mike Bush) Marketing Strategists and Public speaker

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by onstelly(f): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
The girl above me is crazy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Maxi112: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
lepagawu:
The girl above me is crazy
is that all you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Maxi112:
is that all you have to say?
the guy I quoted is sick

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Maxi112: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
lepagawu:
the guy I quoted is sick
LOLZ.. why not help him with drugsundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2016
Maxi112:
LOLZ.. why not help him with drugsundecided
I'm a Yoruba boy, not a Samaritan

7 Likes

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by SWITANN(f): 10:35am On Jul 08, 2016
nice write up.
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by YANDE800(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2016
nice write up.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by elosonservices(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2016
Thank you sir.
You have spoken well.
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Dpredictor(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice piece Op...

lalasticlala cool
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by gradeA(m): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
Networking is key. Personally I believe I shouldn't be the best amongst my network circle. I look for people way advanced and ahead in life.
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Jamesmatic(m): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
I don hear...
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Akinz0126(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
F
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Kingnap(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
I was here...
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by emeijeh(m): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
But we have seen this type of post over and over again on nairaland.
Why is this one on FP?
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by donpata(m): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Everybody go just go one yeye oyinbo site copy things to come paste here. Nairaland and list.....

1 Share

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by emerged01(m): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice write up
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Dabigbroda(m): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
That's cool kiss
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Taywon: 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Kudos to you for these timely update...... refreshing
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Araoluwa005(m): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
space
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by fleps(m): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
Great

But I wonder when people can actually hold their peace if there's nothing different to say.

Best, keep it on your blog or hidden in the sections.
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by rukkyland(m): 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
Abi o.
May God bless our hustle. for this naija.. we go survive. anyhow yagah-yagah
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by don4real18(m): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
watching
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by allansie(m): 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice one frm d op!...Life has taught me dat if u wanna make it big in life,u shld neva blame anyone for ur failure..
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Odogwuskido(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
Anybody still hoping on government need to be re-examined. To hell with government, especially these APC government. Who dem epp?
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Vendoor(f): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice read cheesy
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Akinz0126(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
Noted!But wait oooo @op for this kind hunger striving period wey person ney chop na hin him go fit crack brain think?E never even ma sure for me if I go chop dis 9t
Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by jojothaiv(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
donpata:
Everybody go just go one yeye oyinbo site copy things to come paste here. Nairaland and list.....
Stereotype......

I just dey eye all this advocate of "Be your boss or get something doing"

Pesin wey no geh shishi, how he go take get capital abi capital dey fall from heaven now.......

Easier said than done......

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by Checked86: 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
When I came to Abuja, I was so into making connection that I started thinking that Gatemen can even help me by telling their boss that one graduate was looking for job. When you don't have Job everybody that is doing anything seems to be a boss and can give you advice upadan. No wahala, I believe in God and He alone will connect me with the right person.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!! by jojothaiv(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
Akinz0126:
Noted!But wait oooo @op for this kind hunger striving period wey person ney chop na hin him go fit crack brain think?E never even ma sure for me if I go chop dis 9t
To think easy, na capital matter...

Abi na thinking go bring capital.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ehvise Interview Invites / Ccsnl Call Center Representative Test Invite / Npower: Payroll Sub Menu Appears On Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.