Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? (1976 Views)

If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? / CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards / New Naira Policy: 8 Things That Will Happen In The Next 10 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by Smart7Ola: 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Do-No-disturb is a feature that effectively blocked or silent an unwanted calls and messages. It also helps to avoid an unwanted unknown individual or telecommunication calls and SMS.
Why is it in place?
With the Do-Not-Disturb feature, you can automatically ignore or block annoying or unwanted calls and SMS. Do-Not- Disturb effectively silences almost all notifications while you aren’t actively using your phone. It also silences all phone calls by default, but you might want your phone to ring when certain important people calls.
How it has affected bulk SMS
With the directive from the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) on do not disturb. It has been enforced on the network providers to implement Do not disturb on all subscribers. In view this, Bulk SMS has been affected and we deliver messages to some network. For some hours, we do not deliver messages to MTN lines, but now resolved on SmartSMSSolutions.
But will that be the end? Or will the bulk SMS big guns fight back? What do you think?
Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by Dharn(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wow... I think something should be done about it cos it will affect a lot of business that depends on bulk sms

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by Smart7Ola: 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dharn:
Wow... Thanks dude for the information .... U just helped me solve my issue with bulk sms

You are welcome bro!

See more here:
http://smartsmssolutions.com/blog/item/412-status-update-do-not-disturb-dnd-sms-delivery-issue-mtn-nigeria
Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by Smart7Ola: 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Smart7Ola:

You are welcome bro!

See more here:
http://smartsmssolutions.com/blog/item/412-status-update-do-not-disturb-dnd-sms-delivery-issue-mtn-nigeria

Youngzedd, Shobizz and Dharn: You might be interested in this!
Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by Shobizz(m): 3:37am On Jul 08, 2016
Smart7Ola:

Youngzedd, Shobizz and Dharn: You might be interested in this!

grin grin grin cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by bosaonline(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
ARE YOU STILL RUNNING AROUND LOOKING FOR A BETTER BULK SMS SERVICE PROVIDER DUE TO SMS DELIVERY FAILURES? STOP RIGHT THERE AND READ THIS!

Here is some great news from Mobi2SMS (www.mobi2sms.com)!

We have added a new service called 'DND Cleanup' that enables you clean up your recipient lists against numbers that were rejected due to the NCC mandated DND Restrictions by Nigerian Networks. This service was made to listen to delivery status from any network provider in the world.

Before now, when SMS is sent to numbers that have DND subscription active, they fail but you still get charged. However, we have turned on the DND Cleanup service by default so with immediate effect from now, any message you send would be filtered against previously failed numbers.

While we seek a direct resolve to this matter, this is just a work around and the objective is to ensure that you don't keep losing money. It's enough to send SMS to a DND active number once and then let the system protect you from wasting credits to the same number.
What happens when the DND status of the number is turned off? You may turn off the DND Cleanup for the respective recipient list and send the SMS again. That way, you are in control and can save more.

We hope this helps a great deal.

Regards

Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by internetpo(m): 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
The DND issue is a hectic problem.

And client don't even understand it yet.

Its going to affect sms related businesses tremendously.

Well! I am trying to look for a permanent solution around it. since it has come to stay. smart people like @bosaonline
have even found a solution. Hmm! Kudos.
Re: What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2016
That policy makes no sense to me. Not a good one to implement in this current situation we find ourselves. If businesses can't use mobile channels to market, how will they grow? Smh**

(1) (Reply)

18+ Photo : 2 Men, 1 Woman Stripped Unclad For Using “juju” To Rob In Calabar / Hellp! Where Can I Buy Jeans, Cans, & Polo In Whole Sales Prices In Lagos / 10 Lucrative Food Business Ideas With Zero Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.