Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

[b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] (1750 Views)

Laptop Touchpad Not Working Properly When Charger Is Connected To Power Supply? / No Signal When Hdmi Cable Is Connected To Tv And Laptop / My Hp Laptop Connected To Wifi But Can Browne On All Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Other user of this particular wifi are using it to access the internet without any problem but my own will just discover the wifi and connected but won't access the internet. Am frustrated!

Any help pls?
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
it is a school wifi
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lalasticalala pls help!
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by Jacobokwusi(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
1. windows 7, 8 or 10?
2. have u tried using another wifi network?

Answer d 2 questions lemme see what I can do for u, tho I still have 1 last question but that will only come in when u answer d 2 above
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Jacobokwusi:
1. windows 7, 8 or 10?
2. have u tried using another wifi network?

Answer d 2 questions lemme see what I can do for u, tho I still have 1 last question but that will only come in when u answer d 2 above
window 7 my broda

yea, i have try others and same problem

maybe you can get my illustration here

grace pc(my computer)---------public wifi-----X-----internet

it means my computer is connected to d sch wifi and d 'X' Indicate not connected to internet

if i try browsing, it will bring server not found
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by Jayne2014(f): 1:06am On Jul 08, 2016
Your wireless adapter users an older protocol probably 802.11b/g while the wifi access point uses the recent 802.11n. Change your wifi adapter to 802.11n or buy an external adapter that uses 802.11n.
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 6:13am On Jul 08, 2016
Jayne2014:
Your wireless adapter users an older protocol probably 802.11b/g while the wifi access point uses the recent 802.11n. Change your wifi adapter to 802.11n or buy an external adapter that uses 802.11n.
thank you , i will try that
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by sylith(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jayne2014:

If his adapter uses an older protocol, he would not even be able to find the network not to talk about connecting
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by sylith(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
pelvicky:
window 7 my broda

it means my computer is connected to d sch wifi and d 'X' Indicate not connected to internet

Does your pc display identifying network when your mouse hovers over the wifi icon in your task bar
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by sylith(m): 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
pelvicky:
window 7 my broda

Does your pc display identifying network when your mouse hovers over the wifi icon in your task bar, if it does, then know you are having a dhcp problem, try editing your ipv4 values. Just let me know if this applies to you and I will tell you where to go from there
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by Olarewajub: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
When last did you connect your pc to the internet over wi-fi?
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by Jayne2014(f): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
sylith:

If his adapter uses an older protocol, he would not even be able to find the network not to talk about connecting
Oga, he will connect to the network but won't have internet. Voice of experience.
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
sylith:

Does your pc display identifying network when your mouse hovers over the wifi icon in your task bar
yes bro and it will eventually display all the wireless network available
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
sylith:

yes it use an older protocol (802.11g) but it will display all the wireless network
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by pelvicky(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Olarewajub:
When last did you connect your pc to the internet over wi-fi?
am currently using it but most,most, most of the time it won't connect
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by tobbie247(m): 12:56am On Jul 09, 2016
I have same issue but I don't know how much wifi adapter cost.
Re: [b]help!!!, My Laptop Is Connected To Wifi But Won't Connect 2 Internet[/b] by Jacobokwusi(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
If you've been promoted by Chrome to install chrome cleaner and you did, kindly go to your control panel and uninstall all the apps you are not sure of, don't bother searching the web for solution because you'll only be shown DNS related issues.

Thank me later when your problem is solved

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Place To Buy The Cheapest And Original Computer Accessories / Learn Advanced Microsoft Access And Excel In 2 Days. / Now You Can Trade Your Old Laptop For New One At A Cheaper Rate, Hurry Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.