Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (39267 Views)

Applicant Tracking System: A Possible Reason You’re Still Unemployed / 12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by lazyList: 7:02am On Jul 09, 2016
Loonyy:
My fellow jobseeker's pls no mind anybody about this CV tingy, formats upon formats upon formats.....the only format me am waiting for now is Favour from God, because with that on side protocols are broken even with typographical errors Mr dear you will still end up getting the job....ps: not a fan to mediocre tho
TOO BAD!!!
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Innodon(m): 7:02am On Jul 09, 2016
Ok
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by adioolayi(m): 7:02am On Jul 09, 2016
joshuamoses101:
Coming up with a well written, concise CV is one of the hardest tasks ever.

HR Managers and recruiting officers have thousands of CVs to go through. Therefore, your CV can be disqualified simply because of small mistakes here and there and maybe, just maybe, that is why you are not getting call backs from potential employers.
Here’s how to come up with the perfect CV:

1. Unnecessary personal information :
Anything besides your name, email address and contact information should not be included on your CV. Details such as your tribe, age, height, weight and religion are minor details that no one cares about.

Age, Marital status, number of children... all important in Academic CV
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2016
Make sense! Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by ChiSun27(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2016
mayoralhaji:
With God, a good job will come. So many ways to write CV. just stick to ur own

I dey tell u my broda....the thing don too much.

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by princeakins(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2016
Quite Informative...

Add lastly, KWORNESION

smiley
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by dinoGLGNG(m): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2016
You guys are stupid #inheritFromYourPop
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 09, 2016
There's no one size fits all template or requirements!
While a good coherent clear resume is necessary, the name the file is saved as is unimportant, the inclusion of pictures or not is unimportant, just make sure you highlight all your work experience, even if it was a summer vacation job it makes for good diversity in the overall picture of you as person.
But most importantly is your network, meet people sell yourself, be a very interesting person.
Speak very well and communicate your passion.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Onlyhandsome(m): 7:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Copied!!
If you are thinking of starting online importation business here in Nigeria, there are many things you have to think about and make decision on, but no matter what decision you make, you still need some trusted website(s) to do your online importation business. Highlighted in this blog post is a list of the top ten websites to do your online importation business .
eBay - eBay.com is the best online shopping website I will ever recomm for anyone, just because of the fact t there are millions of quality goods an products from top-rated sellers to choose from. You can also get almos anything you could ever think of buyi at a very reduced and affordable pric through auction (bidding) where the highest bidder goes away with the goods. Also, eBay uses buyers protection to make their marketplace very safe & secured one.
Amazon – Amazon is also very simil eBay, being the largest online shoppi website, they have different type of products with reduced price ranging f
refurbished and used to new Electron Apparel, Computers etc. . Amazon features numerous services including one-click buying, extensive customer and editorial product reviews, gift registries, gift certificates, wish lists a photo processing.
New Egg – You can buy many things New Egg but they put more attention the Technology part of life unlike othe websites in this list e.g Laptops, Computer parts, Accessories and so
AliExpress – Aliexpress is also a goo place to buy cheap Electronics, Appliances, Fashion Stuffs etc. But n that Aliexpress is located in China thereby most (not all) of their product are Chinese products. Aliexpress currently offer more than 11 million unique consumer products across m than 4,000 categories, ranging from apparel and accessories to consume electronics to jewelry and more.
Ever Buying – This is another stop sp to shop for Mobile Phones, Cheap Laptops & Tablets but the site is mai filled up with Chinese products just li Aliexpress.
DH Gate – DHGate is a Chinese Wholesale Marketplace for Small and Medium Buyers interested in purchas Directly from China Manufacturers wit Extensive catalog, free drop shipping, wholesale discount, express door-todoor shipping, escrow service.
IP mart – IPmart is an Online shop specializing in GSM unlocking device china phones and some other china gadget and accessories.
Dino Direct - DinoDirect.com is an On Store With so many products you ne to buy which also includes Free Ship depending on the type of product.
Cellular Country – This website only Used, Refurbished and New Phones. can even get a neatly used BlackBerr low as NGN5000 on Cellular Country, check the sites for more details.
Made In China – The name already justifies what you are going to see, T provide online marketing platform for both Chinese enterprises and global buyers.
Note that the sites listed above are just recommendation by me not an official list, you can check the websites out to see how they look like and what they have to offer you. Also watch out for my future post with full details on How to start Online Importation Business in Nigeria with low capital and How to make a lot of Money from it.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 09, 2016
Nice write up....but if u no sabi person, your colourful CV would be another office decoration tool
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Sobeautiful: 7:31am On Jul 09, 2016
Don't know why some over sabi people are condemning this educative post. Tell them now to write a standard CV, believe you me they won't be able to handle it but they're busy here rattling on why this made fp. Sometimes l feel pity for these kind of people. Always negative, especially when it has to do with others. Their own achievement is to condemn. Nothing to show other than condemnation. Nawaaoo!

2 Likes

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Sobeautiful: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2016
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Odunharry(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
smiley
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Yinkatolu: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
please is it good to flaunt ur car key during interview?
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2016
It baffles me when one would spend 10-15 years of his/her life schooling and after that Still goes back to work with some company or organization. cause he's being paid he or she will be like "Thank God I've achieved my dream job" seriously? you spend 15 years of your life studying, and you still end up working under SOMEBODY and you call that an achievement? so after those years, you couldn't come up with a reasonable idea. what a waste.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Sike(m): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2016
Lord have mercy
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by goomatyila(m): 7:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Loonyy:
My fellow jobseeker's pls no mind anybody about this CV tingy, formats upon formats upon formats.....the only format me am waiting for now is Favour from God, because with that on side protocols are broken even with typographical errors Mr dear you will still end up getting the job....ps: not a fan to mediocre tho

Keep it under 2 pages, clear no borders or funny colors.
Don't repeat yourself i interview programmers alot.

Some say they know Jquery... I mostly recommend JavaScript developers not Jquery, Angular etc...

JavaScript developers don't need libraries for reason of dependancies etc...

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2016
My people, Saraki's father was a Senate President and till his son, Saraki who is equally now the Senate President attained his current position, i dont think he has ever written CVs in his life. We are only victims of unfair/unjust political situation in this country. Without connection, u go write CV taya. A very shameful country!!!
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Dbisector(m): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2016
joshuamoses101:
10. Career objective:
Rather than writing a summary of what you want, tell the employer what you’re capable of and if hired, what you will bring to the table.

Lastly, remember to keep it short, error free, simple and at maximum, 2 pages!
...Educative, poster can you give me sample of a full CV write up the way you said it
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by HIPROFILE(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2016
TrollTrap:
I normally don't believe in luck but I've come to accept the fact that life is all about luck

I concur but please replace luck with grace......its grace all d way..
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2016
Why would anyone listen to someone who has "vote VIZKIZ his the man for you. | | Team-VIZKIZ" as his signature.
...someone who uses "his" instead of 'he is" grin
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by charlesucheh(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2016
joshuamoses101:

HR Managers and recruiting officers have thousands of CVs to go through. Therefore, your CV can be disqualified simply because of small mistakes here and there and maybe, just maybe, that is why you are not getting call backs from potential employers.

Anything besides your name, email address and contact information should not be included on your CV. Details such as your tribe, age, height, weight and are minor details that no one cares about.
I Can confidently tell you that RELIGION is mostly considered by many HR! Exclude it at your own peril!
joshuamoses101:

Anything besides your name, email address and contact information should not be included on your CV. Details such as your tribe, age, height, weight and are minor details that no one cares about.
I Can confidently tell you that RELIGION is mostly considered by many HR! Exclude it at your own peril!
joshuamoses101:

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Srallens(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2016
joshuamoses101:
2. Education Background
If you are a university graduate or have a college diploma then you do not need to include all your other education details. Your university degree is your highest level of education and that’s all that matters. If you are yet to graduate, you can include both the secondary school and the university where you’re currently enrolled and for which course.
3. Grades
Related to number 2, if you got a D- in your final exams or a GPA of 1.88, why! oh why would you include that in your resume? No offense but no one will hire a dimwit. Remove that shame on your resume and show the employer that you’re smart beyond your grades at the interview.
. I don't agree with your number two. Assuming i have a NCE in Bio/Chem, and B.Sc in chemistry, and applying for a teaching position in a well reputed school. Don't you think that my NCE is necessary in my CV?
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by geekybabe(f): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2016
DMeanMan:
Did this guy just say "No one cares about your age"?

Oh no he didn't! grin grin

what he meant is you don't have to put your age in your cv except it is specifically stated. I mean, if you are 30 why would you keep putting your date of birth on a cv if applying for a graduate trainee job?
it's definitely going to count against you.

I have never put my date of birth on any of my resumes that got me jobs.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Chemicaldrey007(m): 9:26am On Jul 09, 2016
SurePresident:
Get a 1st Class, if you are still in School. You are already miles ahead.
Miles ahead of what? Where 1st class don turn to water now
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by zikter(m): 10:01am On Jul 09, 2016
just watch out, someone may bring an entirely different format in the afternoon.

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2016
geekybabe:

what he meant is you don't have to put your age in your cv except it is specifically stated. I mean, if you are 30 why would you keep putting your date of birth on a cv if applying for a graduate trainee job?
it's definitely going to count against you.

I have never put my date of birth on any of my resumes that got me jobs.

Oh. Wasn't looking at it from that perspective.

Thanks smiley
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by YOLO1(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2016
I have never believed in CVs in Nigeria. Though it may be a factor of recruitment in private firms but not in public / government establishments. The only CV we should all seek to get is connection. 2 of my friends are presently working in some first class companies in Nigeria without test nor interviews. Not even sure they submitted cv
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by haibe(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2016
joshuamoses101:
10. Career objective:
Rather than writing a summary of what you want, tell the employer what you’re capable of and if hired, what you will bring to the table.

Lastly, remember to keep it short, error free, simple and at maximum, 2 pages!

I dont totally agree with this. How can your career objective not include what you want in your career/ career desires? Then its not an objective bro, just call it another name
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by haibe(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2016
zikter:
just watch out, someone may bring an entirely different format in the afternoon.

I swear... its funny how they all contradict themselves one way or the other.. i recently went for a seminar when the HR was saying we should always include at least 2 references on our CV. Few days later another HR said its better to leave it out because it is unnecessary and consumes space. I just tire.

Focal point is we should forget all these formats this formats that and just display necessary experience/educational qualifications on our cv with respect to the Job. You will be called if you seem to able to the job.
Re: These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired by haibe(m): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2016
SurePresident:
Get a 1st Class, if you are still in School. You are already miles ahead.
its no more the case bro.. These days experience and present ability is what makes you miles ahead. But get first class tho, it can definitely give one an advantage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army List Of Candidates Shortlisted For 73rri Pre-screening Examination / Why A First Class Graduate Might Not Get A Job? / My Ordeal With GNLD Neolife Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.