Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund (4741 Views)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / Oyo Identifies 60 New Erosion Prone Sites, Seeks Fg’s Intervention / Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 08, 2016

ONNA—Akwa Ibom State Government has shown interest in the N200 million doled out by the Federal Government for the Cassava FADAMA-111 Additional Financing Intervention Project, saying it will help the state’s efforts to boost agriculture and create jobs for the teeming unemployed in the state.

Governor Udom Emmanuel gave the indication while flagging off the planting of 40 hectares Cassava FADAMA-111 Additional Financing Intervention Project in Awa-Iman, Onna Local Government Area of the state.

The FADAMA-111 Additional Financing Project which is a programme of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, it was gathered, has Akwa-Ibom as one of the six core states to benefit from the N200 million doled our by the Federal Government to support full value chain in cassava, tomato, rice and sorghum planting.

Emmanuel explained that his administration decided to give priority to agriculture not only to diversify the economy from petroleum but to empower the people of the state on a more sustainable basis than was the case before.

“We have depended on oil over the years and at the end of the day, I keep asking, if the empowerment programmes for how many years now had really worked, then, why is it that after about 30 days, people are broke and faced with a situation where the empowerment money had disappeared?

“This is because we had not developed our value chain properly. So, today, I am trying to see how I can develop a full core value chain for the state in agriculture, education and everything.

“As I talk, even in education, I have just given orders to the SA on Technical Education that in the next 12 months, we should be able to produce pencils that are used in our schools so that we are able to create jobs and wealth for our people.

“Besides, there is no country in the world today that says it is a developed nation that did not conquer food first. If you don’t conquer food, you are not ready for development. So, the first point of development is to till the soil,” the governor said.

Speaking on the occasion, the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Mr. Peter Ajibade, said that the Federal Government had approved N200 million to support full value chain in cassava, rice, tomato and sorghum to encourage states with the potentials to meet the expected value chains to help realise the objective of providing food for the nation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/ibom-govt-seeks-fgs-n200m-fadama-iii-cassava-financing-fund/

5 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Nice one FTC

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by damton(m): 8:39am On Jul 08, 2016
JixNation:
Nice one FTC

You don belleful .

*back to the topic*

good development,

its high time we stopped living in the illusion that we can only make a headway by white collar jobs.
I personally believe that our university curriculum should pay more attention to courses that encourages entrepreneurial development, rather than just academic lessons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by wildQuincy(f): 8:39am On Jul 08, 2016
Will the FG oblige to this?

*waiting mode*
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by tbaba1234: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2016
As long as the resources are given to the farmers who need it.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Spells(m): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2016
U keep sacking without employing.... shocked
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by saintdennis(m): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2016
Pencil that FG plans to start producing in 2018?

3 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by DeltahArmy(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Good move, government should pay more attention to agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Vendoor(f): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Nice one
But I hope the funds get to the farmers grin
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by TSOM(m): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2016
Vendoor:
Nice one

But I hope the funds get to the farmers grin

Udom Emmanuel's administration has been focused on agriculture and the state has been bankrolling the expenses on its own.

The state doesn't need to share from that relatively paltry sum - it's buoyant enough even if the government wouldn't readily admit it.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Sunnycliff(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2016
What can #200m that will be shared among six states do in agriculture? How much is the cost of a single tractor or cassava cuttings and fertilizers? What about the agroprocessing machines?

All these are lip services just to gloss oil over a baby's mouth and divert his attention. All these money can't do anything commercial in agriculture, let the FG stop deceiving the gullible masses.
If it were in another sector you would hear of billions been earmarked for disbursement. Until we make impactful funds available in agriculture, we will continue to walk around subsistence farming which can't solve our food problems.
We need commercial agriculture with mechanized tools and equipments!

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by lightheart(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Sure made some very nice points!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by uzzokel: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2016
Sunnycliff:
What can #200m that will be shared among six states do in agriculture? How much is the cost of a single tractor or cassava cuttings and fertilizers? What about the agroprocessing machines?

All these are lip services just to gloss oil over a baby's mouth and divert his attention. All these money can't do anything commercial in agriculture, let the FG stop deceiving the gullible masses.
If it were in another sector you would hear of billions been earmarked for disbursement. Until we make impactful funds available in agriculture, we will continue to walk around subsistence farming which can't solve our food problems.
We need commercial agriculture with mechanized tools and equipments!

sir, i am here to correct an impression, the money is not N200m rather it is $200m loan given to Nigeria government by the World Bank to upscale impacts on the ground and strengthening development effectiveness of a well performing Fadama III Project and by aligning it to the then federal government Agricultural Transformation Agenda. The Project retains The PDO of Fadama III.

Recall that Fadama III Project which became effective in March, 2009 was a $250M Project and was a five year intervention, 2009 -2013. The Project Development Objective was to increase the incomes of Fadama land users on a sustainable bases, the Project was implemented in the 36 States and FCT.

The fadama III Implementation Support ratings have been satisfactory throughout the project life.
Monitoring and evaluation data reveal that the Project's impact has been consistent with expectations as set out in the PAD and evidenced by the following performance indicators: (i) the average income of beneficiaries across the country has increased by over 20 percent while almost 47 percent of the beneficiaries have increased their income by up to 40 percent (End of Project Target is 40 percent); (ii) yield of a number of primary commodities has increased by between 6 to 10 percent (End of Project Target is 20 percent ); and (iii) beneficiaries have realized over 25 percent additional increase in income from value addition of agricultural products. The Project is also contributing through capacity building of self-managed groups in substantial accumulation of social capital in rural communities. States have reached an advance
stage of floating a Fadama micro-credit scheme having met the mandatory N25 million requirement of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in their Fadama Users' Equity Fund (FUEF) savings accounts.

The Fadama III AF is being implemented in six core States of Kogi, Niger ,Anambra ,Enugu, Kano and Lagos, for four value chain of Cassava,Rice,Sorghum and Tomato.

However, there are opportunities for Production cluster States, in which other States that have indicated interest to join can avail themselves of.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Itydee(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2016
Yes oooo. The pencils that were produced in local govts ages ago the APC govt wants to commence theirs at the twilight of their administration
saintdennis:
Pencil that FG plans to start producing in 2018?

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by saintdennis(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Itydee:
Yes oooo. The pencils that were produced in local govts ages ago the APC govt wants to commence theirs at the twilight of their administration

Hmm bro I don't think naija EVER produced pencils locally o.

Pls which LG produced pencils locally? So I go and confirm.

I'm only saying big brother (FG) Said 2018. Little brother (SG) says 2017.

Now u telling me the baby of the house (LG) lols has been producing pencils b4? Addonbilivit!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by wilyparker(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2016
main while Ebonyi state is giving out gift worth #200m[b]main while Ebonyi state is giving out gift worth #200m[/b]main while Ebonyi state is giving out gift worth #200m

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by seunlayi(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2016
interesting

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by Bucky001(m): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2016
olihilistic:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/ibom-govt-seeks-fgs-n200m-fadama-iii-cassava-financing-fund/
The sideline hungry politicians will do everything to hijack and divert it if good monitoring team is not in place. Is a welcome development though...

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by nkemdi89(f): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2016
Akwa ibom doesn't need fadama, a state that has an average of 9 months rainfall in a year? That scheme was actually planned for arid lands or climate. Although in Nigeria anything goes.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by daybreak08: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by LordofNaija: 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is completely doomed. I'm off to Niger.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund by oboteee: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
it is a good move no doubt by the present adminisration.My take is that the disburement of the funds to farmers should not be a political jamboree rather let the qualified get thier due.young entreprenuers should access these loans and add value to thier farming businesses.
As for the pencil factory i am still waiting for the ground breaking news as usual

(1) (Reply)

Pixs From Sub Lt. Eze Mohammed Chukwu POP From NDA. / Meet Kano State CP "Wakili",Who Declined N100 Million Bribe During Kano Election / 936 Students Abducted From Nigerian Schools In Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.