Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Javascript Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript Developers (1278 Views)

Serious Php/go/scala/python/javascript Developers Needed To Join A Start Up. / PHP & Javascript Developers Needed / Simple, Rich & Fast Approach To Learning Javascript. Whatsapp Group Inclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hi I'm Goodwish, Keep code to minimum discuss details.

WhatsApp +27 79 459 0208, you can post screenshots... lets keep the talk to highest professionalIsm.

So let's begin hope to keep to subject updated.
Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Let's keep the topic away from JavaScript Libraries, but the Core Language.

Beginners are welcomed to ask questions, Let's look at Microsoft implementation of JavaScript for .Net Enviroment.

.Net framework 2. JIT Compiller for Jscript.NET;

"jsc.exe" - which can be found on c:\windows\Microsoft.NET.

copy it out to a new projects folder. start something. You will code using C# ,C++ syntax i.e:

//creating class

you will have to use ''class'' keyword and Instantiate them with constructors before use.

//i recommend a little research

NodeJS exists, has huge community base , large contribution to NPMs but .NET is a standard not ever changing.
both have expressive power.

Anyone tried jsc.exe ''Javascript compiller'' ?
Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
I am hoping to engage programmers who have been developing for desktop using Jscript(EcmaScript),

Past 8 years, Working as .NET developer using JScript.

Well let's say this is when most people thought it was not possible to compile
JavaScript.

Let's talk.
Re: Javascript Developers by Booyakasha(f): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
goomatyila:
I am hoping to engage programmers who have been developing for desktop using Jscript(EcmaScript),

Past 8 years, Working as .NET developer using JScript.

Well let's say this is when most people thought it was not possible to compile
JavaScript.

Let's talk.
cool.. 8 yrs, you must have mad skills.

I was interning at Microsoft last year and I've wrote JS codes with asp.net using something called the
RegisterStartupScript, RegisterClientScriptBlock methods. Some of the other things you can do are adding javascript to a server control, setting control focus and using larger javascript functions.. I'll love to see what you share here... i could learn some things.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Here is a background info before we proceed...

JScript .NET scripts are not interpreted, but executed independently.
When executed, a JScript .NET application will invoke the CLR.
The CLR will execute the CIL instructions without using an interpreter.

JScript .NET can be run without the presence of a browser or another scripting engine as the compiler can generate standalone executables and assemblies.

However these still require .NET Framework to be installed in order to run.
JScript .NET provides access to the .NET Framework BCL (Base Class Library), providing much more functionality.
Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2016

import System;

class MyConsole{

//this is your first class in JavaScript for a console or DOS app.

}

We will move slowly in order beginners will learn too hoping this topic can be Introductory
print out for anyone interest.
Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2016

Example 2:
//code for simple application

import System;
class MyConsole{
//constructor
function MyConsole(){
//code goes here....
Console.WriteLine("some text to show" ) ;
}
}

Basic structure of code but wont do much but output the ff:

* //some text to show

Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
goomatyila:

Example 2:
//code for simple application

import System;
class MyConsole{
//constructor
function MyConsole(){
//code goes here....
Console.WriteLine("some text to show" ) ;
}
}

Basic structure of code but wont do much but output the ff:

* //some text to show

//instantiate the App
var saySomething = new MyConsole();

//call
saySomething;

Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
JScript .NET syntax and lexical conventions are similar to Java in that both are derived from C. JScript was originally Microsoft's implementation of ECMAScript, which is more commonly known as JavaScript, though it is unrelated to Java. Thus, users of Java and other C-derived languages will find JScript easier to learn.
JScript .NET allows developers to use untyped variables, and can sometimes infer their type from their usage to optimize the compiled code. On the other hand, Java requires all variables to be typed.
JScript .NET can add properties and methods to objects in run-time, while Java objects always conform to their declared interface.
JScript .NET supports global variables, something Java does not.
Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
GUI FORMS IN DESKTOP APPLICATIONS

As with most other aspects of the programming with the .NET Framework,
a Windows Form is an object that derives from a base class,
which implements most of the form's behavior.

To create a basic form, you need to import some namespaces and define a class that represents the form and contains its controls as shown in the following listing:

Example:3

import System;
import System.Drawing;
import System.Windows.Forms;

public class sampleForm extends System.Windows.Forms.Form {

private var btnProgressControl : System.Windows.Forms.Button;
public function sampleForm() {

this.btnProgressControl = new System.Windows.Forms.Button();
this.btnProgressControl.Text = " Stop "; this.btnProgressControl.add_Click(btnProgressControl_OnClick);

}

function btnProgressControl_OnClick( source:Object, e: EventArgs ) {
//... }
}

Application.Run(new sampleForm);

Re: Javascript Developers by goomatyila(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Advocates of class-based object models who criticize prototype-based systems often have concerns similar to the concerns that proponents of static type systems for programming languages have of dynamic type systems (see datatype). Usually, such concerns involve: correctness, safety, predictability, efficiency and programmer unfamiliarity.

On the first three points, classes are often seen as analogous to types (in most statically typed object-oriented languages they serve that role) and are proposed to provide contractual guarantees to their instances, and to users of their instances, that they will behave in some given fashion.

Regarding efficiency, declaring classes simplifies many compiler optimizations that allow developing efficient method and instance-variable lookup. For the Self language, much development time was spent on developing, compiling, and interpreting techniques to improve the performance of prototype-based systems versus class-based systems.

A common criticism made against prototype-based languages is that the community of software developers is unfamiliar with them, despite the popularity and market permeation of JavaScript.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Developers by talk2hb1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
Following your thread, carry on.

(1) (Reply)

Developing For Smart Watch / I Want to Learn Andriod Development / My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.