Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI (53197 Views)

Buhari Extends Tenure Of Defence, Service Chiefs / Team From UK Royal College Of Defence Meets With Obasanjo At Abuja Airport. PICS / "Aisha Alhassan Engaged In Corruption As Chief Registrar Of FCT High Court" - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by lookmangiw(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Abuja – Following the myriad of security challenges facing the country particularly the resurgent militancy in the Niger Delta, the federal government yesterday appointed a new Chief of Defence Intelligence (CDI) for the armed forces.

He is Air Vice Marshal Mohammed Saliu Usman. He takes over from Major General John Saduana Davies, who had been on acting Capacity since January this year, when the former CDI, Air Vice Marshal Monday Morgan retired.

According to the Armed Forces Statutes, the position of Chief of Defence Intelligence (CDI) which is the apex in the intelligence community is rotational among the services.

With the Army and the Navy serving their terms of three years, it fell to the Airforce but AVM Morgan who got appointed when President Mohammed Buhari assumed office in 2015, was caught up with (ROD), ‘run out date’ and had to retire.

Major General Davies was therefore appointed on acting capacity until a suitable CDI whose recommendation was approved by President Buhari was appointed.

Air Vice Marshal Usman, was until his appointment, the Director of Air Intelligence at NAF HQ. He had served at the Defence Intelligence Agency as the Director of Intelligence before he was appointed Director of Air Intelligence.

In his career, he was an instructor at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji and the Defence Intelligence School, Abuja. He was also a onetime Security Officer to a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Isaac Alfa (rtd).

Speaking while taking over at DIA, AVM Usman expressed gratitude to God and to President Buhari for the appointment promising to work in harmony with the services to ensure peace and security for the nation.

“Eight months ago, I was posted from here (DIA), to the NAF headquarters. I never knew that I will come back this way. I have taken it as an act of God. My doors will be open to all and I will be fair to all and I will carry everybody along”, he told officers and men of the Agency.

“I want to urge all of you to be up and doing because we are in challenging times. Let us put integrity into all that we are doing. Let us consider DIA as one family and let our actions speak for us” he said.

The CDI congratulated Major General Davies for his services to the nation noting that “during the short time he spent as Acting CDI, he took the organization to a very high level adding, “I will continue from where he stopped.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-appoints-new-chief-defence-intelligence-cdi/

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
He is Air Vice Marshal Mohammed Saliu Usman
Comander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces- North

National Security Adviser- North

Minister of Defence- North

Permanent Secretary, Defence Ministry- North

Chief of Army Staff- North

Chief of Defence Intelligence- North

Chief of Air Intelligence - North

kontinuu

463 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by ouigy99(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
I refuse to name check in the name of Jesus..... all spirits and principalities trying to guide my eyes to check the name, Summersault and die!!!

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by hucienda: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dividends of Democracy Northocracy.

Sai Baba! Keep it up ... the south is learning
Federal Character 101 - northern style.

268 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
angryNot surprised

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by agabusta: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hope
Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by chemicalDisease: 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
North again grin

My brothers from the Wild Wild waste
How market?

256 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by nobilie: 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is moving. Don't ask me in which direction.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Who the name help Who the tribe help?? At the end Na we d youths dey suffer mtcwww

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Fulani ti take over grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And that use less president would open his maggot mouth to tell us that WE ARE ONE, he will not live to see 2019, AMEN.

185 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by sanandreas(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
The trend goes on unabated. The arbiter is doing his best on dividing this nation. Well the nation is an improbable one.

19 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by doctokwus: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
What is bad is bad.
He shud broaden his base.
I hold firmly from day 1,that pmb shud av made a conscious effort to look for suitable Ibo people for some of these posts.
His seeming neglect of the Ibos give alleged forgers,cum criminals,like Ekweremadu,canon folder to try to use the ethnic card,as a cheap,easily used form of defence when faced with insurmountable evidence of alleged crimes.
There are also many young,easily deceived youths who politicians can use d ethnic card to rebel against his govt.
A govt that is battling with economic crisis shud not alienate a very important tribe.
There are many honest,principled Ibos that shud be searched for,just as there are many corrupt utterly repugnant politicians in every tribe.
PMB shud rethink many of his sppointments.
Defence minister-North
NSA--------------------north
COAS------------------North
CDI----------------------North,na wetin!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
doctokwus:
What is bad is bad.
I hold firmly from day 1,that pmb shud av made a conscious effort to look for suitable Ibo people for some of these posts.
His seeming neglect of the Ibos give alleged forgers,cum criminals,like Ekweremadu,to daftly use the ethnic card,as a cheap,easily used form of defence when faced with alleged crimes.
There are also many young,easily deceived youths who politicians can use d ethnic card to rebel against his govt.
A govt that is battling with economic crisis shud not alienate a very important tribe.
There are many honest,principled Ibos that shud be searched for,just as there are many corrupt utterly repugnant politicians in every tribe.
Defence minister-North
don't tell me you wailing grin grin grin grin grin

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by qualityovenbake(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Result is important but at the same time the President needs to carry others along.

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by MrDavidson: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Please let's not allow tribalism kill us. I'm sure many of us were expecting to see names like Chuk... or Ade.... The truth is, we need to know that the north is very diverse ethnicity-wise. Someone bearing names such as Aliyu could be a Hausa man from Kano, a Fulani man from Sokoto, an Ebira or Igala from Kogi, a Kanuri from Borno, a Yoruba from Kwara, etc - all in the north.

There are at least 50 languages spoken in Adamawa state alone, not to talk of the Nupes from Niger or Kwara. Let's stop lumping the north as one. It's possible that Buhari has not even appointed up to 18 Hausas since he took over.

However, when you hear names like Chukwuka, you're 100% sure he's Igbo unlike in the north. Or when hear names such as Ayokunle, he would be a Yoruba person. Please let's try to understand this very important truth.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
doctokwus:
What is bad is bad.
His seeming neglect of the Ibos give alleged forgers,cum criminals,like Ekweremadu,to cheaply try to use the ethnic card,as a cheap,easily used form of defence when faced with alleged crimes.
Defence minister-North

Bro... why are you wailing... Remember Buhari is always right... Sai Buhari till 2080....

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by worlexy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Northern Nigeria ti take over. I won't bother to call anybody a bigot. Judge for yourself undecided

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by gabazin080(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
crixtex:

Bro... why are you wailing... Remember Buhari is always right... Sai Buhari till 2080....

suffering and smiling. SMH for you
TonyeBarcanista:

kontinuu

the dullard is a confused man. he is doing this so that his boys (boko haram) will not b defeated

18 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by yekparikpa(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
I don't care about names...I only care about results!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Estimable(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
All hail the king of the North....... grin

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Bantino(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tinubu will be crying by now

Plz don't quote me abeg

62 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Opinedecandid(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Going...
Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by shamsuRana(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
sad

When wailers hear it's a Northerner again,and smoke wailing weed,to calm B.P down..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by waternogetenemy: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yoruba Muslims oya defend una fada Buhari!

At least we the 5% can proudly say we did not give Nigeria Government to a racist tribalist islamist terrorist.

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by tejpot(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Another giant step backward!

NA is gradually becoming serious

***NA= Northern Agenda

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by SaAbbas(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

kontinuu
Yah
Its more secure for the president to have all security cheifs from his side

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

kontinuu

The Hailing Hailers will soon be on you

21 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by tammie24: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Buhari is determined

Northernization agenda!

31 Likes

Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by Opinedecandid(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Kontinue
Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by forgiveness: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hmm! Na em I go talk.
Re: Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI by cachilike12: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
You guys are taking these matter for a joke? Buhari has plans to eliminate the south and be the last president Nigeria will ever had! That's the reason for Anti corruption war on people perceived to have the resource to fight took for tooth, should it be that the war will hold.

52 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & Aliko Dangote Meet In Abuja (Pictures) / Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / Tony Kabaka Gives His Life To Christ! (full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.