Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! (2377 Views)

Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / CLOSED: / Micro Loan Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by kaysy(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
I actually promised them i was gonna do this and that's what am doing now...

Sometimes last month i posted here on Nairaland that i needed financial support to pay off a debt of about N283,500. Though up till now i did not get any financial support from anyone here and i was told to consult this or that MFB for loan (That's a story for another day anyway)

Due to the nature of how urgent i needed to pay up that dept i searched for loan both offline and online, all the offline trials failed but i saw just one online platform (Skye Loan) so i said to give it a try cos the only thing that guarantee failure is not trying at all. I registered on their website for a loan of N300,000 and was told to pay a Collateral fee of N9,000. A phone number Mr. Phillip Awosode (contact number: +2348034302432) was sent to me as the Nigerian Agent, then a First Bank Account Number (3080665985) belonging to ADELEKE MICHAEL to pay into that he's my Loan Manager and processing officer in Nigeria. I came back to this same forum Nairaland and posted an inquiry here wanting to know if anyone knows about them, not even a single reply/comment regarding my question came in. When it was done on me that i just have to give this thing a trial cos that's the only remaining option available now besides, am an online person, over 60% of my daily transactions are conducted online so i believe in the spirit of e-Business despite being skeptical about this Skye Loan thing anyway.

Finally i decided to give it a trial then i made transfer From my Zenith Bank Account to the account they provided (See Receipt below). After which i followed the process requested and sent my Account number to them, according to their statement, the loan will reach my account in 48hours (Which should be Wednesday 29 June, 2016). At the evening of that day i got a Credit Alert of $1,050 from RiaMoney which also came with a Ref Number, i called the Mr. Philip and told him he said i should go and confirm if its in my account, that same evening i proceeded to an ATM to check, on my way going i called all the people i was owing that please am so sorry for delaying ur money, it was cos i had some financial challenges, but not too worry, i've just got some cash, latest before the end of tomorrow (June 30) i would have cleared all of it, they were happy and had a sigh of relieve. I got to the ATM the money wasn't there then i called the man again & he said maybe its because the money came in Dollar and my account is in Naira that they'll work on it the next day, the next day he called and said he has called a friend who works at RiaMoney in Abuja that i'll need to pay N11,500 so that they can upgrade my Naira Account to be able to accept Dollar, after which they will credit me back my N11,500 and the $1,050 into my account, i told him i can't and won't release a kobo for anything, they should better convert the money and deliver it to my account in Naira, later he asked me if i had a Dom account which i don't have but i promised to get him a Dom account which he accepted even if the Dom account is not mine i can bring it so they'll transfer to it, i collected a friend's Dom account number and sent to him, then he promised that latest next day, we'll get the money. I later Googled RiaMoney and saw that the site converts foreign currency to Naira when being sent to Nigeria, then i tried to track the so called $1,050 transfer using the Ref number in the alert i got, the website replied me saying (We are unable to find this order). since then till now, The useless Mr Philip Awosode has refused to take my called or reply sms, but he takes calls from friends am using to track him all in the name of loans.

In a nutshell, i want to let you guys know that they are fake and a big scam, N9,000 is a small money to me but i need to do what i had to do cos i gat no choice, besides, God has been faithful in payment of my debt as i have been able to bring it down to about N200,000 within a month without anyone's support, i dnt think i'll be needing any financial support from anyone again to offset it cos i've got to learn that one with God is majority. All i just want is to save the human race from falling a victim of their tricks. below are there website and facebook page, kindly go to the page and report it to facebook as scam, that's the contribution i want from us. Thank You

www.skyeloan.com (Meanwhile, the site has stopped working since then till now)
https://www.facebook.com/skyeloanafrica/

@naijacutee, dominique, puskin, FOD, Kindly move this to FP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by Nairalanddiary: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
Skye Loans....Thieving since ages past
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by Exxkay(m): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2016
You shouldn't have believe such loan
A loan without collateral. Even some Nigerian organization that offer small token payback later self do gather some vital information about you, even up to the BVN level
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by tubolancer(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2016
I read your story , we are on the same wavelength. I checked the website, I was not convinced. Thanks for the update. I will write on their facebook page.
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by darkenkach(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2016
If 9k is a small money for you why are you in debt? If you still need the loan, send me a private mail.
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by deloon(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
darkenkach:
If 9k is a small money for you why are you in debt? If you still need the loan, send me a private mail.
Insensitive and annoying
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by Zipopo(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is 41ten not 41nine
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by kaysy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
darkenkach:
If u read the story very well, you should know why

Exxkay:
You shouldn't have believe such loan
A loan without collateral. Even some Nigerian organization that offer small token payback later self do gather some vital information about you, even up to the BVN level
Just wanted to give it a shot against all doubts yet they proved to be as suspected.
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 23, 2016
As an employee of RenMoney, I have seen a lot of people get quick access to cash for their needs through RenMoney cash loans.

These loans have helped people meet emergency needs, pay fees, write professional exams, make purchases and invest in their startups amongst other uses.

If you have a need or a dream and need access to cash, I can help you process your application. You will get your approved amount (from NGN12,000 to NGN2,500,000) deposited in your account 24 hours after successful submission of all the required documents.

Please contact me on +2347087192622
Re: Nigerians Beware "Skye Loan" Is Scam!!! by Omamosuite21: 10:33am On Apr 10, 2019
Please i need a loan for transport business, Would be glad if anybody can help. Contact me on 08032832435

(1) (Reply)

The Best Site To Build A Website Free-not One But Two. / How Lucrative Is Wig Business? / Binance P2P: A Place Where Most Nigerians Are Compelled To Be Honest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.