Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? (7912 Views)

Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. / Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by ezeagu(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2009
ikeyman00:

kwasaiiiiiiia!!!

Ikeyman00 mé bubi yé!  angry
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by ikeyman00(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
meanin?^^
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Liedetect: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2009
Sneaky Ghanaians at it again

Haven’t you all notice what the SNEAKY Ghanaian minister is doing, he is aware that his Ghanaian people are obsessing about Nigerians and insulting them and that it is getting to the stage where people are starting to notice that this having a go at Nigerians has gone beyond bantering and is looking unhealthy. Therefore, in typical Ghana sneaky mode the minister wants to turn the perception around and make it look as if it is the Nigerians who do not like Ghanaians and the once with the unhealthy obsessions.

Nigerians need to wake up and realise that most Ghanaians have never liked them and that this manifests itself on many occasions e.g. at school they go around slaughtering Nigerians to Caribbean people. In the work place, when talk of Africa takes place, Ghanaians likes nothing better than to slaughter Nigerians in the presence of oyibo, Caribbean and other none-African colleagues or anyone who cares to listen for that matter.

Nigerians do not seem to understand that the Ghanaian character seeks to avoid confrontation and while this at first seems like a good thing, it does not end with just avoiding confrontation. They go on to judge you behind your back and this is typically hypocritical and sneaky. They appear very friendly and always smiley however, as soon as you turn your back they will slaughter you.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by becomrich15: 12:45am On Sep 13, 2009
accra first picture and lagos 2nd picture

Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by becomrich15: 12:47am On Sep 13, 2009
Africa Cup of Nations

4 times Ghana 1963, 1965, 1978, 1982
2 times Nigeria 1980, 1994
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by becomrich15: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2009
Cocoa production

Ghana produces about 800,000 metric tonnes

Nigeria 500,000 metric tonnes

Ivory Coast 1.5 million metric tonnes of cocoa
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by becomrich15: 1:18am On Sep 13, 2009
1 Ghana cedi = Nigeria Naira 112.9700
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by nduchucks: 1:53am On Sep 13, 2009
why some of una una dey compare Ghana to Nigeria? There is no comparison na. if dem yab us too much make we just go annex dem def. Some of our people sef dey there, as indigenes, hausa speaking and yoruba speaking Ghanaians.

For the record:

Lovely naija population: 150million +
ghana population: a puny 23million ( same as population of Lagos State)

Lovely naija GDP (2008): $335.4 billion
ghana GDP: puny $34billion

i no go talk again, make ghana sharappp, shikena.

Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by alias64: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2009
becomrich
Africa Cup of Nations

4 times  Ghana 1963, 1965, 1978, 1982
2 times  Nigeria 1980, 1994

hmmm know what,  if I had been a footballer I’d rather football Olympic gold medal in my house than a hundred African cups. I like the idea of rubbing wazunga noses in it and i think deep down most Nigerians are like that.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by dagraumann: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Naija2ndHome: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=168352&comment=5080398#com
This post was quoted on ghanaweb narrating about how criminal the Nigerians are backing this claim by providing statistics without due reference. I would like to remit this. In its prison statistics from 2002 (the latest I could find online) people can check this on page 134: http://www.archive2.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm59/5996/5996.pdf.
There you will find that in 2002 there was 100 Ghanaian and 265 Nigerians. Compare that with population size 24 million in Ghana and 158 million in Nigeria (World Bank, 2010), and you see that for every one million Ghanaians, there are 4.17 Ghanaians looked up in UK prisons, compared to only 1.68 Nigerians per one million. What does that tell us? That Ghanaians staying in the UK have a higher propensity to commit a crime liable to imprisonment.

Of course some Ghanaian is likely to respond that the Nigerians are using fake Ghanaian passports. Well, Ghanaians like using the identity of Sierra Leoneans and Liberians to apply as asylum seekers. It's all the same. undecided
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by ikeyman00(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
@@ ^^^ charlie the NNIGERan are giving africa basd name praaaaaaaaaaa!

i gona catch baus to work oooo

great auncle

tell me laove him
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by cjrane: 11:02am On Sep 08, 2012
Naija2ndHome: http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=168352&comment=5080398#com
This post was quoted on ghanaweb narrating about how criminal the Nigerians are backing this claim by providing statistics without due reference. I would like to remit this. In its prison statistics from 2002 (the latest I could find online) people can check this on page 134: http://www.archive2.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm59/5996/5996.pdf.
There you will find that in 2002 there was 100 Ghanaian and 265 Nigerians. Compare that with population size 24 million in Ghana and 158 million in Nigeria (World Bank, 2010), and you see that for every one million Ghanaians, there are 4.17 Ghanaians looked up in UK prisons, compared to only 1.68 Nigerians per one million. What does that tell us? That Ghanaians staying in the UK have a higher propensity to commit a crime liable to imprisonment.

Of course some Ghanaian is likely to respond that the Nigerians are using fake Ghanaian passports. Well, Ghanaians like using the identity of Sierra Leoneans and Liberians to apply as asylum seekers. It's all the same. undecided
I didn't know Ghanians had such hatred for Nigeria until i visited Takoradi,Ghana last week. I think Nigeria should start making preparations to deport all those illegal Ghanians in Naija. They are just very mean hearted, wicked and jealous group
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by ektbear: 11:15am On Sep 08, 2012
The same way there is rivalry between a lion (Nigeria) and a house cat (Ghana)
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by nelsonmiracle(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hmm Ghanians for my thoughts they where so convivial, i never knew they were like green snakes on a green grass... Hmm Nigeria shall concar all her enemies Amen! Hmm Ghanians for my thoughts they where so convivial, i never knew they were like green snakes on a green grass... Hmm Nigeria shall concar all her enemies Amen! Hmm Ghanians for my thoughts they where so convivial, i never knew they were like green snakes on a green grass... Hmm Nigeria shall concar all her enemies Amen!
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by nelsonmiracle(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nigeria is gr8 and gr8 we shall remain! Yes..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians / Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports / Is Victoria Island Lagos An Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.