Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? (7814 Views)

Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun / Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. / Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by busybody20: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
I was on Ghanaian forum ( http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=168352&comment=5080398#com ) with forum users commenting on 'a letter from the Ghana High Commission in Nigeria to a Nigerian newspaper, appealing to Nigerian government officials to refrain from spreading falsehood about '.

I have been to Ghana several times. I have had several Ghanaian friends. I was a member of a Ghanaian church in London sometime in the past. I thought Ghanaian people are very warm and friendly. I also thought there was some mutual respect between Nigerians and Ghanaians. I was very shocked about some of the comments made about Nigeria on the forum. Most of those comments were so bad that they are unprintable. I have quoted some of the comments at the end of this post.

My questions are:

1. Are these comments representative of the generally held impressions about Nigerians by Ghanaians all over the world or just the opinion of a minority?
2. Is there some kind of rivalry between Nigerians and Ghanaians?
3. If there is rivalry, is such rivalry healthy?

Author:   Okyeame Sogbladzah
Date:   2009-09-09 05:59:00

na so so jealousy go kill them!
nigeria @ a glance;
dirty eba-eting yorubas,
aproka egusi-soup-eating igbos,
tight & juicy womanliness akwa iboms,
illiterate buga buga militant hausas,
419 infested govt officials,
so so oil, no fuel,
yes o yes nigeria, na we own; we must to do better for am!

Author:   Pronto
Date:   2009-09-09 04:59:16

If such stupid people are ministers in Nigeria, how do you expect the country to progress!!! Lots of gas and NO ELECTRICITY!! NO, they are not jealous becos of Obama, But because we lead better and civilised life !!!!!!!!!!

Author:   N. K. W - HM PRISONS, UK
Date:   2009-09-09 09:23:10

I could not just hide my anger and further guffaw when a PIG calling himself HARD-TALK uk and his bunch of useless Morons and HIV infested minsiters of state sling mud at Ghanaians. Now check these facts:

1) It is not true that Wole Soyinka is the first African Laureate to recieve a NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE. The first African to recieve a NOBEL PEACE Prize in Literature was ALBERT LUTULI of South Africa in 1960, at a timne Soyinka DID NOT HAVE PANTS under HIS TROUSERS. ASSS HOLE!!!! U see u are not even schooled enough to attract commonse sense in your dealings.

2) Which Africa country emits bad odour even if the whole Atlantic Ocean is turned into a mouth wash for them and will still emit bad odour from ther MOUTHS?
Answer - NIGERIANS

3)Which is the only country in Africa to have the FBI and CIA storm their country to arrest and investigate Cyber CRIMES and money laundering as well as COCAINE TRAFICKING?
Answer: NIGERIA

4)Which African Country has the HIGHEST number of foreign Prisoners in the UK?

Answer: Nigeria. 932, with 409 of them hardened CRIMINALS and out of this number 119 use Ghanaian PASSPORTS, who have been found not even having a relative of them being a Ghanaian. 197 of these use South African Passports and 28 have UK Nationality status, thus those with British Passports.

5) Which Africa country have the highest number of women in British jails?
Answer: NIGERIANS
45 in HM Holloway Prisons, 23 in HM Belmarsh Prisons, with 31 of the total number, using Ghanaian passports parading as Ghanaians, who cannot even speak a single Ghanaian Language. They have Nigerian passports but use Ghanaian passports to travel only to Ghana. THIEVES, OLE. BALAWU.

COME on,  COme again,  Want more THRUTHS? NOT Facts but TRUTHS? BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Beaf: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2009
What rivalry?

It is currently Ghana 1, Nigeria 0.
While we are feeling our way through ever increasing political darkness, Ghana is forging ahead.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Rebarobyn: 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
let them continue to drink panadol over our headache. when people take their time to talk and write negative posts about others, it only means they're hating. we have problems and we know, but how is it their problem now, did we ask them for help? this same people flooded nigeria in the past, now we're bastards? what haters!
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by asha80(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
Rebarobyn:

let them continue to drink panadol over our headache. when people take their time to talk and write negative posts about others, it only means they're hating. we have problems and we know, but how is it their problem now, did we ask them for help? this same people flooded nigeria in the past, now we're bastards? what haters!

They are not hating.See what your ministers said about ghana. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321101.0.html
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Rebarobyn: 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
asha 80:

They are not hating.See what your ministers said about ghana. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321101.0.html

I take my post back, they aren't hating. all the ministers are just ignorant with very little knowledge of things beyond nigerian borders, and so are the Ghanaian posters. Nigerian public office holders need to be taught some diplomatic manners, their comments make me sick!
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by ezeagu(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
Beaf:

It is currently Ghana 1 10, Nigeria -2.
While we are feeling our way through ever increasing political darkness, Ghana is forging ahead.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by alias64: 12:27am On Sep 10, 2009
Yep, looks as if “Nigerians” on this board do really despise Ghana and whish Ghana to fail because “Nigerians” see only the good things in Ghana, which is contrary to the “Nigeria” philosophy that assumes concentrating on bad things, and abusing self, leads to progress. wink
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 10, 2009
alias64:

Yep, looks as if “Nigerians” on this board do really despise Ghana and whish Ghana to fail because “Nigerians” see only the good things in Ghana, which is contrary to the “Nigeria” philosophy that concentrating on bad things, and abusing self leads to progress. wink

whatever helps you stay calm.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Sammy107d(m): 3:23am On Sep 10, 2009
alias64:

Yep, looks as if “Nigerians” on this board do really despise Ghana and whish Ghana to fail because “Nigerians” see only the good things in Ghana, which is contrary to the “Nigeria” philosophy that assumes concentrating on bad things, and abusing self, leads to progress. wink

You wish
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 10, 2009
@poster
i was enjoying those ghanaian comments. Dem don finish?
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by alias64: 4:04am On Sep 10, 2009
Sammy107_d (m)
You wish

You misunderstood
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by babyme(f): 6:13am On Sep 10, 2009
OMG HA!! this is effing surprising HOW LONG TO THEY TAKE TO TALK ABOUT NIGERIANS, I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT THIS BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE MAJOR HATING GOING ON, MY GOD!!!WHAT, I THINK NIGERIANS SHOULD BE PROUD , I MEAN LIKE 99 PERCENT OF THIER POST IN THAT FORUM WAS ABOUT U GUYS, THEN THERES DISTRICT 9,SONY AD, U KNOW I DONT GET IT WAT IS EVERYONE JEALOUS ABOUT!!NO OFFENCE GUYS BUT URE NOT THE BEST IN AFRICA, BUT GHANIAN HU CLAIM TO BE GOOD R SO WORRIED N INSECURE, ITS LIKE USA BEING INSECURED ABOUT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC NAH AH DONT THINK SO, NIGERIANS MUST BE SPECIAL,
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by honeric01(m): 6:25am On Sep 10, 2009
Lol I can't laugh, we are just too much for them, even the least foolish ones in Nigeria (the molla minister) got them cracking!!! Oh God lol,
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by blackspade(m): 6:34am On Sep 10, 2009
You shouldn't judge a people by a handful of forumers, who made them representatives of all Ghanaians? Bruv, just chill. . .
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Gbawe: 7:51am On Sep 10, 2009
There has always been rivalry between Nigerian and Ghana but it is only of recent this rivalry has become unhealthy. Unobjective Nigerians, instead of working to improve Nigeria , prefer to attack Ghana because of all the local and international praise it is getting lately . They feel , without zero justification , that they are greater than Ghanaians.

You then have the ungracious Ghanaians who think their existence is validated by proving superiority over Nigeria and Nigerians. This dark period for Nigeria is a time to savour for them and enjoy . Like we see from some of the quote above , some Ghanaians speak as if Nigeria is cursed and , just like Ghana proved , not one good Government away from progress and rapid development.

These two groups above , with some of the awful things they say , then drag other more sensible citizens from both sides into defending their nation. This gives rise to the 'cold war' currently ongoing between Nigeria and Ghana. I think it will become worse if Nigerians , instead of fixing their nation, continue to prefer to ridicule the efforts of Ghana while some Ghanaians , rather than accept praises with good grace ,  prefer 'to kick a man while he is down' with the vicious language seen on many Ghanaian forum lately aimed at representing Nigerians as scum and Nigeria as an "aids infested hellhole".

A

1 Like

Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by yoruba: 9:12am On Sep 10, 2009
Hmmm interesting, Ive seen threads that created rivalry between Nigeria and South Africa, and maybe Nigeria and Kenya, so who's next?
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Goldmind1(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2009
I want to help those Ghananians. Who among us doesn't know that Nigeria is a failed state. Knowledge creates wealth not oil and gas. A country whose leaders frustrate an industrious citizen. Even if we hide it, people know, the international community know.

The funny thing is that even the leaders do not believe in the concept called Nigeria. How can a leader travel abroad to treat himself of malaria parasite, leaving these failed hospitals for the masses to be dying in dozens? Late Gani has said it all, that the CONSCIENCE OF NIGERIA IS DEAD.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
yoruba:

Hmmm interesting, Ive seen threads that created rivalry between Nigeria and South Africa, and maybe Nigeria and Kenya, so who's next?

so you missed the Nigeria/Tanzania match.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by MrCrackles(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
I dont have problems with Ghanians.
However i do feel there are some sort of rivalry between Nigerians and Ghanians. . .
For me, i will rather deal with Ghanians! cool
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
congrats!
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
babyme:

OMG HA!! this is effing surprising HOW LONG TO THEY TAKE TO TALK ABOUT NIGERIANS, I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT THIS BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE MAJOR HATING GOING ON, MY GOD!!!WHAT, I THINK NIGERIANS SHOULD BE PROUD , I MEAN LIKE 99 PERCENT OF THIER POST IN THAT FORUM WAS ABOUT U GUYS, THEN THERES DISTRICT 9,SONY AD, [b]U KNOW I DONT GET IT WAT IS EVERYONE JEALOUS ABOUT!![/b]NO OFFENCE GUYS BUT URE NOT THE BEST IN AFRICA, BUT GHANIAN HU CLAIM TO BE GOOD R SO WORRIED N INSECURE, ITS LIKE USA BEING INSECURED ABOUT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC NAH AH DONT THINK SO, NIGERIANS MUST BE SPECIAL,

These kind of comments embarrass me. What is there to be jealous about? undecided This shouldn't be a matter of superiority or some I'm better than you chant, Nigeria really needs to clean up her acts.

1 Like

Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by MrCrackles(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
stillwater:

These kind of comments embarrass me. What is there to be jealous about? undecided This shouldn't be a matter of superiority or some I'm better than you chant, Nigeria really needs to clean up her acts.
For real. . . . .
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by morpheus24: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2009
I am embarrased at the the comments I read on Ghanaweb. Not one civilized responder.

And to think I was going to 2010 World cup as a Ghana supporter. I am withdrawing my order for Ghana Jersey with immediate effect.

No Ghana-Naija for me.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
such comments have been on ghanaweb for years. No biggie.

And its not only on the web either- same attitude in real life too.

Not all of them, but still some.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
Thanx to our leadership that is making Nigeria a ridicule now.
Who be ghana to wanna mess with Nija if Nigeria has a leader that knows what they are doing.
Anyhow, i wont call it rivalry, i will call it "wake up" call
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by OvieE: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
Rivalry in what? In term of governments Ghana 100% and Nigeria 0%. In terms of soccer Ghana 100% and Nigeria -0%. There is your rivalry answer.
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by babyme(f): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

For real. . . . .
um duuh, thats my point!!!!, i said WTH should they be jelous of, nigeria aint the best in africa, shiish, read my post well, so the fact that they have problems with nigerians if theyre better is insecuruty on thier part, just saying
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by MrCrackles(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
babyme:

um duuh, thats my point!!!!, i said WTH should they be jelous of, nigeria aint the best in africa, shiish, read my post well, so the fact that they have problems with nigerians if theyre better is insecuruty on thier part, just saying
Are you Stilly shocked
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by babyme(f): 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you Stilly shocked

yeah no, wats stilly, im preety dumb undecided cool
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by vanitty: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
Na high blood pressure go kill some pipu, I was actually enjoying the  Mr  N. K. W - HM PRISONS, UK POST until he wrote bastards. That is for his family sha.  undecided
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by honeric01(m): 11:01am On Sep 11, 2009
lol, pathetic, i have Ghanaian friends and they have refused to leave Nigeria even with all the shortcomings, does that ring a bell?
Re: Is There Rivalry Between Nigeria And Ghana? by ikeyman00(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2009
kwasaiiiiiiia!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Jails Six MASSOB Members In Asaba / Governor Yakowa’ S Convoy Kills Poor Orange Seller In Kaduna / Photos: One Of The Most Curious Building In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.