Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB (22087 Views)

Achievers University, Owo Massive Academic Staff Recruitment (over 100 Positions / Uma Ukpai Polytechnic Massive Job Recruitment 2017 (academic & Non-academic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Parkac(m): 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
The management of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant academic and non-academic staff position in the university;

ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES

1) College of Agricultural Management & Rural Development (COLAMRUD)
- Department of Agricultural Administration
Lecturer II (Agric. Administration/Agric. Extension)
- Department of Communication & General Studies
Lecturer II (Political Science)

2) College of Animal Science & Livestock Production (COLANIM)
-Department of Pasture & Range Management
Lecturer II (Pasture Agronomy / Pasture Agronomy & Utilization)

3) College of Biosciences (COLBIOS)
- Department of Microbiology
Lecturer II (Medical & Pharmaceutical Microbiology)
- Department of Pure & Applied Botany
Lecturer II (Plant Pathology / Plant Taxonomy & Biosystematics)
- Department of Pure & Applied Zoology
Lecturer II (Entomology)

4) College of Engineering (COLENG)
- Department of Civil Engineering
Lecturer II (Structural Engineering)
- Department of Electrical / Electronics Engineering
Lecturer II (Control Engineering)
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
Lecturer II (Design / Modelling & Stimulating Robotics Engineering)

5) College of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM)
- Department of Environmental Management & Toxicology
Lecturer II (Biochemistry)
- Department of Forestry & Wildlife Management
Lecturer II (Forestry Biometrics & Remote Sensing)

6) College of Food Science & Human Ecology (COLFHEC)
- Department of Home Science & Management
Lecturer II (Child Development & Family Studies / Home Science Extension & Rural Development)

7) College of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
- Department of Banking & Finance
Lecturer I (Development Finance & Investment)
- Department of Economics
Lecturer II (Behavioural Economics)
- Department of Entrepreneurial Studies
Lecturer II (Business Administration)

cool College of Physical Sciences (COLPHYS)
- Department of Computer Science
Lecturer II (Programming & Network)
- Department of Mathematics
Lecturer II (Numerical Analysis)
- Department of Physics
Lecturer II (Condensed Matter)
- Department of Statistics
Lecturer II

9) College of Plant Science & Crop Production (COLPLANT)
- Department of Crop Protection
Lecturer II (Bacterial Plant Pathology)
- Department of Plant Physiology & Crop Production
Lecturer II (Crop Physiology)

10) College of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET)
- Department of Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology
Lecturer I (Vet. Pharmacology)
- Department of Veterinary Medicine & Surgery
Lecturer I (Vet. Surgery)
- NimbeAdedipe Library
Assistant Librarian

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACADEMIC POSITIONS

A. Lecturer I - CONUASS 04
Candidates should have Ph.D. in the area of specialization, where vacancy exists for the position as listed above with three years post-doctoral teaching or professional experience and having demonstrated ability for research work / evidence of scholarship, in addition to a good Bachelor’s and Master's degrees in the relevant fields. In addition, for the College of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET), candidates must be registered with the relevant professional body.

B. Lecturer II - CONUASS 03
Candidates should have Ph.D. in the area of specialization, where vacancy exists for the position as listed above, in addition to a good Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in the relevant fields. In addition, candidates must be registered with the relevant professional body.

C. Assistant Librarian - CONUASS 02
Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Computer Science and Master’s Degree in Library Studies & Information Science.

NON-TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES

Director, Internal Audit:
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Accounting from a recognised University. A higher degree will be an added advantage. In addition, candidates should possess a professional qualification such as ACA, CNA, ACCA, CPA and ACNA with a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification cognate experience, four (4) of which must be as a Deputy Director or equivalent post in a Federal University. Candidate must be computer literate. The appointment shall be for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further period of one (1) year only.
Salary: The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15 (N4,372,827.00 – N5,631,083.00)

Director, Physical Planning:
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Architecture, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Building Technology, Town Planning and Land Surveying. In addition, they are expected to possess a higher degree in a relevant field and must be registered with relevant professional body such as NSE, COREN, ARCON, etc. Candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate experience with a minimum of four (4) years as Deputy Director in a Federal University.The appointment shall be for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further period of one (1) year only.
Salary: The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15 (N4,372,827.00 – N5,631,083.00)

Director, Directorate of Technologists and Technical Staff (DITTECS)
Qualification - Candidates should possess HND/Final Diploma or good honours degree in a relevant field. In addition, they are expected to possess M.Sc. degree and must be registered with relevant professional body such as NATE COREN, etc. Candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate experience with a minimum of four (4) years as Senior Chief Laboratory Scientist / Technologist or Deputy Director in a Federal University. The appointment shall be for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further period of one (1) year only.

Director, Directorate of University Farms (DUFARMS)
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Agriculture or related discipline from a recognized University. In addition, they are expected to possess a higher degree in a relevant field and must be registered with relevant professional body. Candidates should have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience with a minimum of four (4) years as Deputy Director in a Federal University.The appointment shall be for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further period of one (1) year only.

Deputy Registrar I, Registry
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Humanities/Social Sciences from a recognised University. A higher degree from a relevant field is required. In addition, candidates should be a member of a relevant professional body such as ANUPA, NIM, IPM or AUA with a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification cognate experience, five (5) of which must be as a Deputy Registrar in a Federal University. Candidate must be computer literate.

Deputy Registrar II, Registry
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Humanities/Social Sciences from a recognised University. A higher degree from a relevant field is required. In addition, candidates should be a member of a relevant professional body such as ANUPA, NIM, IPM or AUA with a minimum of fourteen (14) years relevant post-qualification cognate experience, five (5) of which must be as a Principal Assistant Registrar in a Federal University. Candidate must be computer literate.
Salary: The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 14 (N3,637,919.00 – N4,737,055.00)

Deputy Bursar II, Bursary
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Accounting from a recognised University. A higher degree will be an added advantage. In addition, candidates should possess a professional qualification such as ACA, CNA, ACCA, CPA, ACNA or any other equivalent qualification with a minimum of fourteen (14) years relevant post-qualification cognate experience, five (5) of which must be as a Chief Accountant in a Federal University. Candidate must be computer literate.
Salary: The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 14 (N3,637,919.00 – N4,737,055.00)

Deputy Director II, University Farms;
Qualification - Candidates should possess a good honours degree in Agriculture or related discipline from a recognized University. In addition, they are expected to possess a higher degree in a relevant field and must be registered with relevant professional body. Candidate should have at least fourteen (14) years post-qualification cognate experience with a minimum of five (5) years as Chief Agricultural Officer in a Federal University.

Principal Medical Officer I, Health Services - (CONMESS 6)
Qualification - Candidates should possess M.B.B.S. or MB. BCh or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University. In addition, the candidates must be registered with Medical/Dental Council of Nigeria. Candidates should have at least fifteen (15) years post full registration cognate experience with a minimum of five (5) years as Principal Medical Officer II in a Federal University.
Salary: The salary attached to this position is CONMESS 6 - (N4,802,304.96 – N5,904,920.04)

CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
These are as obtainable in the Public Service of Nigeria and the University System.

METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should address their applications with twenty (20) copies of their Credentials and Curriculum Vitae in the order stated below:

1. PERSONAL
(i) Name in Full: (Surname First in Capital Letters)
(ii) Date of Birth:
(iii) Place of Birth:
(iv) Age:
(v) Sex:
vi) Marital Status:
vii) Nationality:
viii) Town and State of Origin:
(ix) Local Government:
(x) Senatorial District:
(xi) Contact Address:
(xii) Phone Number:
(xiii) E-mail Address:
(xiv) Present Employer:
(xv) Present Post and Salary (Both level & amount):
(xvi) Post Applied for
2. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
(i) Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
(ii) Academic and Professional Qualifications (with dates)
(iii) Prizes, Honours, National and International Recognitions
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
4. SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS / COMMUNITY SERVICE
5. COMMENDATION
6. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
7. EXTRA- CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
8. PUBLICATIONS
9. REFEREES
10. ………… …………...
Signature Date
Applicants should request their three nominated referees to forward their reports under confidential cover, to:
The Registrar,
Federal University of Agriculture,
P. M. B. 2240,
Abeokuta,
Ogun State.

CLOSING DATE
All applications must be received not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication. Only applications from candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/funaab/vacancy-apply-funaab-non-teaching-staff-positions/24746/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Parkac(m): 1:56am On Jul 10, 2016
Closing date is Friday, August 19th. Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Orestino(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2016
Seen.. #ProudlyFunaabite

3 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by oladipo322(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2016
hope tribalism is not welcome.

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by living2013(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by cyojunior1(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2016
Only phd. N u call dis a massive recruitment ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by ganiyu26(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2016
Nah waoo to those conditions ooo
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by seunakin231(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Massive ko enormous ni......

8 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by scampy(m): 7:19am On Jul 10, 2016
OK
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by djlawex02(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2016
Shey I Get Phd And 20 Years Experience... I Beg Gerara Here Mehn.

6 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by truthspeaks: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Wats massive here pls
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Harinholar(f): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2016
God Dey#.... proudly Funaab Product.....

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by valboy20(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2016
RUBBISH!
HOW MANY FOLKS GOT PHD AND 20 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE ON NAIRALAND.
I REITERATE, THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIIIT

8 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by ymdo(m): 7:32am On Jul 10, 2016
Parkac:

(iii) Place of Birth:
(iv) Age:
(v) Sex:
vi) Marital Status:
vii) Nationality:
viii) Town and State of Origin:
(ix) Local Government:
(x) Senatorial District:

Nonsense and Ingredients angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by mikky94(m): 7:33am On Jul 10, 2016
Na Old people wey suppose don near their retirement dem dey find.... How old am I sef.... sad angry

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by xreal: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2016
djlawex02:
Shey I Get Phd And 20 Years Experience... I Beg Gerara Here Mehn.

seunakin231:
Massive ko enormous ni......

cyojunior1:
Only phd. N u call dis a massive recruitment ?

grin grin
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Cindino20(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2016
truthspeaks:
Wats massive here pls

"20 copies of their credentials"

Are Nigerian administrators this dull or what? What about using a single pdf file which in turn can easily be sent to the "20".

This alone can put off some applicants I cant even imagine someone havin to make 20 copies of his/her Waec cert, Bsc cert..Msc cert..(maybe they also need transcripts) phd cert...list of publications..Recommendation letters...letters from previous employers..Cv.

By the end of the day u did ve more than 100 copies...then you ve to manually transport this bulky package or send by post...

All this could simply be averted if they opt for a single pdf file which will be easier for them to seive thru and havin to deal with all this crappy paper work...or you create a portal where applicants can simply upload their credentials.

Our civil service needs reforms ..Urgent reforms.

We cant continue to do things same way and expect different results.

This is crap!

And the requirements is also crap!

With 3 yrs post doctoral experience any sane person will accept nothing short of an associate professor (Reader) or a research group leader unless the Phd was "man know man thesis"

Ca.3.5-5 yrs of original research (phd duration) and 3 yrs post doc experience (gettin familiar with apication of grants...teaching...supervising students and managing a research group)...no sane being will accept lecturer I undecided

Unless you copied someone's work durin your phd and did your post doc in your livin room watchin cartoons...

The registrar of FUNAAB or whoever put up that advertorial shld recall it and make amends

Today Nigeria is experiencing brain drain because of such issues going unchecked...young..intelligent and talented pple re leaving Nigeria in droves....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by markDT2(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2016
Non academic staffs
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by truthspeaks: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2016
I totally agree wit u. I think this is jst formality. Don't be surprised these vacancies have bn filled alredy. It's a FG job remember?
Cindino20:

Re Nigerian administrators this dull or what? What about using a single pdf file which in turn can easily be sent to the "20".

This alone can put off some applicants I cant even imagine someone havin to make 20 copies of his/her Waec cert, Bsc cert..Msc cert..(maybe they also need transcripts) phd cert...list of publications..Recommendation letters...letters from previous employers..

By the end of the day u did ve abt 100 copies...then you ve to manually transport this bulky package or send by post...

All this could simply be averted if they opt for a single pdf file which will be easier for them to seive thru and havin to deal with all this crappy paper work...or you create a portal where applicants can simply upload their credentials

Our civil service needs reform ..Urgent reforms.

This is crap!

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by princefunmmy(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2016
I don't even know where I fit into in all these

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by iproject(m): 7:50am On Jul 10, 2016
As long as the process is transparent Bah wahala
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Cindino20(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2016
truthspeaks:
I totally agree wit u. I think this is jst formality. Don't be surprised these vacancies have bn filled alredy. It's a FG job remember?

Yea ...you re right.

The rot in the system stinks to high heaven...at the end of the day u ve round pegs in square holes...

Mind you these are academic positions...For the sake of our future we should at least try to allow the best man have the job...if not we re mortaging our future....

The sys is fuc.ked!.....At the end of such exercise u ve lecturers who re nt fit for the Job..in addition to the deploarable state of our universities and lack of funding...etc

These re recipes for disaster..and this is what we ve today..

Going forward ..we must change our ways of doing things!
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Sharon6(f): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2016
Nice1
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Kingsley10000: 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
valboy20:
RUBBISH!

HOW MANY FOLKS GOT PHD AND 20 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE ON NAIRALAND.

I REITERATE, THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIIIT
lol....php with 35years working experience....Nigeria is wholly confused

2 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2016
princefunmmy:
I don't even know where I fit into in all these

just check there is a gap you can fit in.

1 Like

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by zicoraads: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Oh...Masters no longer the minimum ingredient for applying for a lecturer job?
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Kakamorufu(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2016
UNAAB own tire me, see requirements for God sake. Thier shoulders too don raise, since they don dey get many students picking them.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by dadebayo1(m): 8:10am On Jul 10, 2016
Proudly Unaabite..... grin chaiii my guy kabiyesi will finally make prm slot.. Congrats to him.. grin
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by dadebayo1(m): 8:14am On Jul 10, 2016
Cindino20:

Are Nigerian administrators this dull or what? What about using a single pdf file which in turn can easily be sent to the "20".

This alone can put off some applicants I cant even imagine someone havin to make 20 copies of his/her Waec cert, Bsc cert..Msc cert..(maybe they also need transcripts) phd cert...list of publications..Recommendation letters...letters from previous employers..Cv.

By the end of the day u did ve more than 100 copies...then you ve to manually transport this bulky package or send by post...

All this could simply be averted if they opt for a single pdf file which will be easier for them to seive thru and havin to deal with all this crappy paper work...or you create a portal where applicants can simply upload their credentials.

Our civil service needs reforms ..Urgent reforms.

This is crap!

And the requirements is also crap!

With 3 yrs post doctoral experience any sane person will accept nothing short of an associate professor (Reader) or a research group leader unless the Phd was "man know man thesis"

Ca.3.5-5 yrs of original research (phd duration) and 3 yrs post doc experience (gettin familiar with apication of grants...teaching...supervising students and managing a research group)...no sane being will accept lecturer I undecided

Unless you copied someone's work durin your phd and did your post doc in your livin room watchin cartoons...

The registrar of UNAD or whoever put up that advertorial shld recall it and make amends

There are people waiting to fill the slot.. Trust me they have candidates with the criteria already.. Especially for the colanim slot.. Chaiii man must know man ooo
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by Curiouscity(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2016
ymdo:

Nonsense and Ingredients angry angry angry

Really annoying that a tertiary institution should demand for such as a criteria for employment.

Sick!!
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by CUM4WHAT(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2016
octopusfreaky
Re: Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB by fav444(f): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2016
dadebayo1:
Proudly Unaabite..... grin chaiii my guy kabiyesi will finally make prm slot.. Congrats to him.. grin

so u know Femi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Apply For Dangote Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / N-power: We Have Paid All N-power Beneficiaries – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.