Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,040 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's (620 Views)

Footballers With Funny Names / Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion / Ghana Names Fatau Dauda In AFCON 2017 Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by sleeveless: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
I saw this pics online and can't just stop laughing. How can somebody answer all this things. please share if u have any that is like this or worst

1 Share

Re: Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by Proxy001(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Of course the name can be pronounced but you have to be proficient in the Polish language. You know, every language has its rules. its because we speak English that's why we seem to pronounce everything we see according to English rules.

OK, check out these other words in other languages and see how they are pronounced in English:-

Czech ----- Check

Sade------- Shade

Modric ------ Modrich

Munchen ---- Munich and so on.

And about how the English speaking commentators pronounce those seemingly weird names? They are highly trained professions who are also multi lingual. Or you think everyone is like our local Nta commentators (Paul Ogazi, Henry Effiong and Abdulrahaman Ibn Mohammed) abi? I only listen to those guys if I want comedy instead if the game. They keep on saying "and that is jersey number 17, in the person of Ndubuisi Otakara" and after some minutes you hear "oh sorry, Jersey number 17 is actually Aderinbigbe Gbadagesin" Those guys are clowns walahi!

1 Like

Re: Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by Angelo45(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
grin grin I bet the commentors in euros had a tough time pronouncing the names of polish players
Re: Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by sleeveless: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
the name is hiliarious because we speak english like Krzysztof MĄCZYŃSKI does nt mk any sense @proxy001 @angelo45 i hail d commentators
Re: Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by sleeveless: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nta commentator are like.... No17 is with d balllllllllll wat can he do oooooh wat a wayward shot **in Paul Ogazi's voice** @ Proxy001

1 Like

Re: Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by Proxy001(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
sleeveless:
the name is hiliarious because we speak english like Krzysztof
MĄCZYŃSKI does nt mk any sense @proxy001 @angelo45 i hail d commentators

lol... try and watch the Russian and the Greek league. You will see names that have three consonants following each other. I still maintain that its all about understanding the language first
Re: Funny Names At The Ongoing Euro's by sleeveless: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Proxy001:

lol... try and watch the Russian and the Greek league. You will see names that have three consonants following each other. I still maintain that its all about understanding the language first

You are right with learning the language thing

(1) (Reply)

Payet Cries Out: I Did Not Mean To Injure Cristiano Ronaldo – / Good News For Chelsea Fans! / Russian Have Been Banned From Rio Olympic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.