Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,555 members, 7,854,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly (10387 Views)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by lekywhite(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2009
Hmm thats serious! but come to think of it what do you expect from a Niger-Delta person? militancy of course. The Rep.Member proved to the security where he came from,
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by spikedcylinder: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2009
Permit me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it be normal practice to show your ID the moment you approach the security gates at the National Assembly?

The article noted that the security guard was new on the job, is he supposed to memorise all the faces in one day? Even if he does that, I see no difficulty in SHOWING YOUR ID every time you approach the gates of the National assembly, maybe with the exception of the President.

All this "I'm a big man" mentality will kill some people one day. To even think that the "Slapper" is a human rights lawyer. undecided
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by UNLEASHED(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2009
, and the security man's hand hibernated??
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by cassidy(f): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2009
Sometimes i just ask myself "Why am i Nigerian" sad sad sad
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2009
not only you, my sister. smiley
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Mbeki: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2009
THIS IS THE BIODATA OF THE MAN! GOD SAVED HIM IS NOT A PERSON LIKE ME. I'LL BEAT HIM TO THE EXTENT HIS THUGS WILL ALLOW ME AND FACE THE CONSEQUENCE. AT LEAST, THEY CAN'T KILL ME. I WAS ONLY PERFORMING MY DUTY.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt](Dis)HonorBLE. Chinyere Emmanuel Igwe[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Party: People's Democratic Party ( PDP )

State: Rivers

Constituency: Port Harcourt II

Date Elected: 2007

Seat Up In: 2011

Date of Birth: 18/09/65

Marital Status: Married

Education:
DIPLOMA MGT; B.SC. MGT; MBA MGT; LL.B LAW, B.L.

BUSINESS & LEGAL PRACTITIONER

Previous Elected Office:
SPEAKER- PORT HARCOURT LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY

Legislative Experience:
COUNCILLOR- PORT HARCOURT CITY LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY

Committee Membership:
Science & Technology
Privatization & Commercialization
Power
Land Transport
Internal Security
HIV,Aids and Malaria Control
Constituency Outreach
Communications
Anti-Corruption, National Ethics & Value

Previous Appointments:
CHAIRMAN, MAURISON COMMUNICATION LIMITED
PUBLISHER, THE WISH NEWSPAPPER
PRINCIPAL PARTINER, AUSGIA SOLICITORS & ADVOCATE
CHAIRMAN, MEGA PETROLUEM LIMITED.
CHAIRMAN, NDUKS PRINTING LIMITED.
CHAIRMAN, ZARCHI CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
CHAIRMAN, MEGA TOOLS ENGINEERING LIMITED FORMER CHAIRMAN, PORT HARCOURT CITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT FORMER SPEAKER, PORT HARCOURT CITY LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
FORMER MEMBER, GOVERNING BOARD, SMALL & MEDIUM ENTERPRISES DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (SMEDAN). FORMER MEMBER, RIVERS STATE PROJECT MONITORING COMMITTEE, PH

Awards and Honours:
i. Doctor of Philosophy in Public Administration Global Christian University Florida, U.S.A. ii. Distinguished Award for Leadership Excellence-Commonwealth Council for Democratic
Empowerment,
iii. Patron, Boys Scout of Nigeria, Rivers State Chapter,
iv. Justice of Peace.

Legislative Interests:
Advocacy, Rule of Law, Business Law.

Target Achievement:
To contribute effectively towards Legislations that will bring positive development across the strata.

Comments:
I like to believe that we must talk and reach for common understandings, precisely because we are all imperfect and can never act with certainty that God is on our side, and yet at times we must act nevertheless, as if we are certain, protected from error only by providence.

Abuja, FCT.
Three Arms Zone
RM 1.134 Annex 1
National Assembly Complex

CONSTITUENCY
Wish Plaza
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
7 Egede Street, Mile 2 Diobu

honchinyereigwe @ yahoo, com
HUMAN RIGHT GROUP SHOULD STEP UP IN DEFENSE OF THE LAW ABIDING SECURITY MAN AND ASK FOR THE RESIGNATION OF THE LAWBREAKER

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by NobleOnye(f): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
these lawmakers and their pride, why didnt he just identify himself smile and walk in, Humility no dey their dico shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
don't mind him. carrying himself like king, and he's supposed to be serving the people!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by saworoide: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
UNLEASHED:

, and the security man's hand hibernated??

His hand did not Hibernate. He probalby remembered the Harry Arogundade case with Miss Uzoma Okere. To think that the lady is also a daughter of a big man and nothing has been done to her assaulter other than the fact that the case is still in court. Where will this security man get the resources to press charges, He must have decided to "leave the fight for God".
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by eunisam: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
If I were the security man I would slap back.

That will make me a hero for slaping an honorable.

You know what I mean,thats making history like Bin ladin.

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by asid(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
And All the Govt' is concerned about is a Sony "ADVERT"
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by saworoide: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
Madness is not restricted only to the naked man eating from the dustbin. We need to start conducting psychiatry test on our would-be public office holders. Some of them are simply lunatics who should be in a rehab. They steal money their fifth generation don’t need (Abacha, Tafa balogun et al), they build houses a sane man would not contemplate (Babangida, Igbinedion), they blow siren when going to their villages even when there are no cars on the road, now tell me what more is the definition of madness.

This man wants people to worship him simply because he was “selected” to represent his people. I am now convinced that this is the era of “misrule of law” and that this is one of the by product of Yar’adua’s “zero point agenda.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by SmashingM(f): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
please help me tell him to let the matter stop there so that the security will not loose his job.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Eaglebabe: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
I am not surprised,the rep member is a militant by birth.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by tinymouse: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
Oga security, be careful or then go kidnap you join the slap.

Senator, abi coninue to they slap, moreover soldier no go come back soon. grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by domwas2(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
thats a means of getting rich, my boss (a white man) slapped his driver for been late, i trust my pple He ( my boss ) was pressed to court by the driver while the driver charged him #5,000,000 for the 2 slap,
At last the money was brought down to #1.5m, i'm always praying for my turn,
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by beknown(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is the evidence of lawlessness in Nigeria among our leaders. If our leaders do not follow the simple principles of the rule of law I wonder what common man will do.

Hon. Chinyere Emmanuel Igwe does not deserve the position he occupies. Neither does ne deserve the awards and good names associated with him.  For this single act of disrespect and foolishness, he deserve reprimand from the highest authority.

In the UK, he will be committing a criminal offence that could lead to jail such as:
Assault,
Battery,
GBH (Grievious Bodily Harm),
ABH (Actual Bodily Harm),
etc

The poor Security Man would have collected a few million Naira of real cash through court summon of Hon. Igwe.

Imagine the type of people we have in the National Assembly.

This is the reason why our leaders have made laws in Nigeria to become toothless.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
ah, nigeria! may God help us!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by saworoide: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
beknown:

This is the evidence of lawlessness in Nigeria among our leaders. If our leaders do not follow the simple principles of the rule of law I wonder what common man will do.

Hon. Chinyere Emmanuel Igwe does not deserve the position he occupies. Neither does ne deserve the awards and good names associated with him. For this single act of disrespect and foolishness, he deserve reprimand from the highest authority.

In the UK, he will be committing a criminal offence that could lead to jail such as:
Assault,
Battery,
GBH (Grievious Bodily Harm),
ABH (Actual Bodily Harm),
etc

The poor Security Man would have collected a few million Naira of real cash through court summon of Hon. Igwe.

Imagine the type of people we have in the National Assembly.

This is the reason why our leaders have made laws in Nigeria to become toothless.

Fellow Nairalanders, I’m new on this forum and I don’t know if you guys have taken this kind of challenge up in the past. I don’t know the disposition of this man that was assaulted but I think NL can make a bold statement if we can help him press charges against this “honourable” member of National Assembly. Gani is no longer here but we have other lawyers who are equally passionate about human right and could take this case up among us, either for free or on a bill to be footed by NL. I think Nigerians should not just moan and resign to fate as nobody will change this country if everybody thinks somebody else will do it. Just my own opinion.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by sugabelle: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is indeed very barbaric and inhuman - someone being paid to represent the "people" - how can he care for his constituency when he can't care about the common security guard?? He should be removed, idiot!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Excllncy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
How lucky yu are! Igwe or what ever. I’ll kick your bombo for you.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by chrisical(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
Foolish lawmaker.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by shezy(f): 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
so people can support this kind of attitude,so if he gets to the Nigeria air port because he is a rep,he wouldn't go through all the processes?Because he is the director shows that he can slap employee anytime he feels offended by them ,because he is a rep no rules should be followed?anywhere i am i must recognise all the 500 reps?i don't even know may be they are more than that
why should they even guide them,they should allow militants like him to perform miracles on them now.I'm sure he acquired all those qualifications with money so what type of behaviour do you expect from an illiterate  with no civilized background
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2009
The guys is nothing but an animal, and i will be more pissed if the security personnel allow this to go without a law suit
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
he will most probably just clean his face and pretend as if nothing ever happened.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by mccloud224(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
@fhemmmy

The guys is nothing but an animal, and i will be more pissed if the security personnel allow this to go without a law suit

Did you say lawsuit?Court cases among ordinary nigerians take several years or sometimes decades in court.And all over the world, it's the general norm that the "rich man" always wins (Ask Danny Crane from Boston Legal grin).If the security guards tries that, he will not only lose his job (that's if he hasn't been sacked already or suspended indefinitely), he will be harassed by other security officials including policemen (who want to get into the good books of the Reps member).The lawyer that takes up his case would advise him not to waste the little money he has on a case that won't see the light of day.The magistrate won't even let the case come up for hearing not to talk of an actual trial.Even if by some miracle it comes up in court, the judge or magistrate will have a back door meeting with up and ask him if he wants to live long OR if he has money to throw away at lawyers.Remember, in LAW, its always about the money with lawyers.They dont care if you are innocent or guilty.THE REP MEMBER HAS MONEY, THE SECURITY MAN HAS NONE.Do the math.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by IYANGBALI: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
animal in human skin, after the slap i hear say the security man still go meet am for back to beg am say make him no vex,abeg make una no talk say na me tell una o,i no wan dirty slap for my face tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by casfrapee: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
there is nothing we no go see 4 naija.Am not suprise because dat is the attitude of a millitant.Monkey na monkey even if e go London.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by oge4real(f): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
I just wish ( or dream) that the National Assembly members will do something about this case. It will at least buy them little credit of reputation.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
mccloud224:

@fhemmmy

Did you say lawsuit?Court cases among ordinary nigerians take several years or sometimes decades in court.And all over the world, it's the general norm that the "rich man" always wins (Ask Danny Crane from Boston Legal grin).If the security guards tries that, he will not only lose his job (that's if he hasn't been sacked already or suspended indefinitely), he will be harassed by other security officials including policemen (who want to get into the good books of the Reps member).The lawyer that takes up his case would advise him not to waste the little money he has on a case that won't see the light of day.The magistrate won't even let the case come up for hearing not to talk of an actual trial.Even if by some miracle it comes up in court, the judge or magistrate will have a back door meeting with up and ask him if he wants to live long OR if he has money to throw away at lawyers.Remember, in LAW, its always about the money with lawyers.They dont care if you are innocent or guilty.THE REP MEMBER HAS MONEY, THE SECURITY MAN HAS NONE.Do the math.

Nice statement and you have a good point.
However, let him at least try.
We often lose out on something, all cos we never tried.
The only thing you will never have a chance is something that you never tried.
We still have so die hard core lawyer in Nigeria that will be willing to take up his case on the mind that they will win.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by beknown(m): 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
@mccloud224

And all over the world, it's the general norm that the "rich man" always wins

This statement is not true. Poor people in other countries do get justice in the court of law without wasting any time. There is law in Nigeria but there are no structures to make it work.

In the UK and USA, the courts are very efficient and court representation is not about riches. The guilty one will be punished by the law - nomistake about it.

In the UK now, it is now possible to summon anybody through the internet court. Go to the following link for the UK internet court:
http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by mccloud224(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
@beknown

This statement is not true. Poor people in other countries do get justice in the court of law without wasting any time. There is law in Nigeria but there are no structures to make it work.

In the UK and USA, the courts are very efficient and court representation is not about riches. The guilty one will be punished by the law - nomistake about it.

In the UK now, it is now possible to summon anybody through the internet court. Go to the following link for the UK internet court:
http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I can relate to what you're saying but more often than not, it's the guy with "cheddars" that wins.If not, how come Micheal Jackson walked away free from the child pedophilia cases that came up years ago.This happened inspite of several witnesses and plaintiffs.Even actor CHRIS TUCKER testified against him BUT MJ still walked away free.Even forensic experts came on to testify and still he walked free.If it were the ordinary man on the street, the court would have ruled at least 30 years behind bars with the possibility of parole in ten.

The Rich guy always wins (most of the time).If not, why are the most corrupt leaders in this country still walking free e.g IBB,OBJ,Ibori and so on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gaddafi Wants Atleasts 5 Billion Euros/yr from EU To Prevent "black Europe" / What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? / Asari-dokubo Did Not Promise Bloodshed If Jonathan Not Re-elected - Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.