Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Special Features In This Super Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Special Features In This Super Car (913 Views)

Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / Check Out This Super Car That Comes With A Price Tag Of ₦36,000,000 / Replica Body Kits: The Nearest Thing To Owning A Super Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 10, 2016
my people I want ask what are those special feature in Lamborghini, Ferrari, poche, Bugatti, rollsroiz that make so expensive. u who want to bash me am sure u also want know
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Namzy(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Brand name, comfort, style and class plus performance. Who wouldn't like the sound of a v12 engine taking off
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by kingreign(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Namzy:
Brand name, comfort, style and class plus performance. Who wouldn't like the sound of a v12 engine taking off

Comfort is the last thing thought about in building a super or hyper car.
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Namzy:

They're not all V12.
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
kingreign:

Comfort is the last thing thought about in building a super or hyper car.

Not quite true.

I go here almost every Saturday and I get to see and talk to owners of most of the priced automobiles in Southern California http://www.occarsandcoffee.com
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by kingreign(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Not quite true.

I go here almost every Saturday and I get to see and talk to owners of most of the priced automobiles in Southern California http://www.occarsandcoffee.com
hyper car may do a bit of comfort like Navsat, climate control, audio, leather etc but there it is, theor luxury appointments are not enough o put envy in the eyes a of Mercedes S550 or even a mulsanne owner.
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nacoss25:
my people I want ask what are those special feature in Lamborghini, Ferrari, poche, Bugatti, rollsroiz that make so expensive. u who want to bash me am sure u also want know

1) Investment. They appreciate in value, mostly.

2) Tax deduction. When you're a high earner, it could be a tax leverage to have money in an asset like that for tax purposes.

3) Pedigree of vehicle. Cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc don't advertise because clients trust the pedigree.

4) Pedigree of owner. When you're born into wealth you have a certain level of expectation. So those manufacturers have lifelong customers. I met an elderly couple once at C&C, they have to have a new Bentley every year.

Special features.

* Performance - one of the highest zero to 60mph speed outside of a race track and off of a motorcycle.
* Prestige - your Ferrari is assured of getting valet parked up front. The BMWs goes to the parking garage in the back grin

There's no way that you can explain the feeling of unleashing a Ferrari or Lamborghini on a closed track. I did both once because over here they have special rentals on a course. You pay $350 or so and you get a lap in 4 different performance cars.

The music of the engines, the staccato of all those valves of up to 48 valves as they do their thing behind your head, the exhaust tone change during that shift between gear changes, etc

Do you know some of them have mechanical gears in the speedo and tachometer and you can actually hear the whirring at low throttle? It's those level of details.

For me, my take away from my drives was actually not the 0-60mph, my take away were the brakes and their uncanny ability to drag the car down from 60-0ish mph. I'm talking about later in the day I was getting tingling feelings in the back of my eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
kingreign:

hyper car may do a bit of comfort like Navsat, climate control, audio, leather etc but there it is, theor luxury appointments are not enough o put envy in the eyes a of Mercedes S550 or even a mulsanne owner.

An owner of a 2017 Jaguar F-Type might disagree with you though we each have individual definitions of luxury.

Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Namzy(m): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

They're not all V12.
I know but most have incredible horse power and mostly v8 upwards
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 11, 2016
Namzy:

I know but most have incredible horse power and mostly v8 upwards

The original Lotus Espirit (James Bond underwater car), a highly desirable classic supercar, is powered by a 4 cylinder engine.

There are Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions that are running around with almost 500 horsepower and above from 4 cylinder engine. The UK only FQ440 akes 440 horsepower from a 4cyl engine. 440 horsepower might seem small but calculate the power to weight ratio and you'll see how it'll give all but the mightiest of Ferrari and Lamborghini a run for their money on the track.

Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Namzy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The original Lotus Espirit (James Bond underwater car), a highly desirable classic supercar, is powered by a 4 cylinder engine.

There are Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions that are running around with almost 500 horsepower and above from 4 cylinder engine. The UK only FQ440 akes 440 horsepower from a 4cyl engine. 440 horsepower might seem small but calculate the power to weight ratio and you'll see how it'll give all but the mightiest of Ferrari and Lamborghini a run for their money on the track.
Are the cars you mentioned with 4 cylinders expensive? Am sure if you advertise a 4 cylinder Ferrari with above average horsepower, might not go down well with people seeking exotic rides. Anyway I might be wrong
Re: Special Features In This Super Car by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
Namzy:

Are the cars you mentioned with 4 cylinders expensive? Am sure if you advertise a 4 cylinder Ferrari with above average horsepower, might not go down well with people seeking exotic rides. Anyway I might be wrong

You have access to the web too, do your own research. I've given you the names.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Bad Road Is Not The MAJOR Cause Of Car Accidents? / My Benze CLK 230 Fuel Pump Keeps Spoiling. / Help Advice On Car Upholstery Spray Or Plastic Stain Remover (pictures Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.