Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! (24504 Views)

How Many Years Driving Experience Do I Need To Drive From Abuja To Ibadan / Driving from the south east to the south west. / Anyone Here Got Tips For Someone Driving From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Kakamorufu(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
enter flight man

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by phenase(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:

When Americans bombed the Hiroshima, Japan. There was no GPS that time. They only checked the map and compass... angry

But u, u will only go to the next state but too many questions,, u don't have Google map app abi? Are u a foreigner to ur own land abi? ... Go take a bus so u won't get lost.

Chai....

When last did you visit a Psychiatric Hospital, Omo, your case no be here..o

4 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by olarhtunji(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
wink wink NEED Ur support bro

we share d rabber 50-50
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
realy in what way wink wink
olarhtunji:

we share d rabber 50-50
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by NaWetinDey(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by NaWetinDey(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Compass

If you are afraid of driving through the same road other drivers take, you can drive through the forest.

But if you are really, really afraid, just hire someone.
We don't want to hear that a nairalander died on his way from Lagos to Abuja.

Just shut up and drive! Goodluck Jo to you.

grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by raywan: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Good luck
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Stemkay: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=TrapQueen77 post=47384767]
When Americans bombed the Hiroshima, Japan. There was no GPS that time. They only checked the map and compass... angry

But u, u will only go to the next state but too many questions,, u don't have Google map app abi? Are u a foreigner to ur own land abi? ... Go take a bus so u won't get lost.

Chai....

Instead of you to give d young man advice on d route to take, u started bombarding him with questions. Na wa for u o.......

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by greatbrian(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiebube1:
I am planning to do Abuja to Lagos by road in a few weeks time. Please, i will need helpful suggestions on a) route to take: I have driven from Lagos to east severally but Lagos is farther.

b) state of the roads this rainy season.

c) effectiveness of new tinted permit on Nigerian roads cos i have the old tint permit.

d) Custom wahala. I have a custom papers. Paid about N187,500 for 2000 sienna in 2012.

Many thanks.

God bless you bro. The best route I know goes thus. From lagos am sure u know ur route to ibadan. From ibadan go through iworoad and link your way to ilesha express way. Its easy u will see oodua university on ur way although the road split dia. Take the round about turning and u will find yourself in ilesha. From dia ask anybody for iwaraja junction wia u will find yourself in ekiti. Note ibadan to ekiti shud be 2hrs. Or 2hrs 30mins. From dia go straigh the easiest road to pass is Adoekiti to kogi state. Although dia are better shortcuts like u going thru efon-aramoko-ijero-ido-ifaki-ikole-omouo after u will find ursef in kogi state. Its under 1hrs and d people dia are friendly so u can ask ur way in case u r confused. From kogi just follow the buses u will see to abuja. Its very staright and direct. Note. From ibadan to ekiti is 2hrs (for me) from ekiti to abuja z just 6hrs. The roads in ekiti are good not very good and from okene to abuja z perfect. I guess if u follow my route from lagos. In 10hrs u shud be smiling in gwagalada. U can thank me when u reach ur destination.
About the police issue. There are lots of police in ekiti just be polite and dnt fidget when with them. And abt road safety u will hardly see them on the routes I draw out for u. And dnt forget to pray if u are a believer like me.

God bless ur journey

8 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Stemkay: 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Chai....

Instead of you to give d young man advice on d route to take, u started bombarding him with questions. Na wa for u o..

3 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by hollah123: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Chai....

see au foolish u reason.gv an advise n dats all,who ask u all dis bullshit now.u n halfcandy or whats her name should get a life b4 its too late

2 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by fapcrook(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
ichito:
Make sure u speed well well to reach on time.180 and above
bad advice so far
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Richy4(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
I know that GPS is the best thing that could happen to a driver.... Just want to know, does it mean that GPS does not work in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
saintdennis:

8pm bro.

Hope the africans win!
Yeah, I don't know the African team will make it to the final.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Ranchhoddas: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Chai....

Get sense you no gree.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by OKame(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
I wonder at the kind of topics that make fp these days
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
fapcrook:
bad advice so far
Which kind bad advice, i blow 140km/hr average speed from Benue to Ph today, i arrived before 10am.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by dallyemmy: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Do not over speed! Follow vehicles that know the route! Service your car. Check your tyres. Overtake when it is very safe. Ensure your papers are up to date. Stay focused and enjoy the trip!

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by itzsniper(m): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
take d root to nasarawa, den to bauchi, from there to fika, den straight to potiskum in yobe state, take a right path at first bank junction straight to maiduguri from there ask anybody road to lagos, walahi dem go direct you. naija pple can ask qweson for africa oh

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by ogawisdom(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
uncle005:
What is the time of the match between Africa vs Portugal

Yes ooo Africa in diaspora vs Portugal

@ op wateva u do avoid speeding into potholes dt na automatic tyre burst n u kw say it means ur village ppl don win b dt angry
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by hotspec(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
very soon, some people will be asking for advise here whter to use cold or hot water for shower
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by cardoctor(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
This guy funny sha.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Ymodulus: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
At Poster,

- I recently drove my car all way from Abuja to Lagos. Last week Tuesday to be precise.

- I left Abuja Tuesday evening around 3:45pm and got to lagos Wednesday morning 4:17am.

Things you should not do
● Do not ply the Lagos - Okene - Auchi - Benin - Ore Route. Though this seems to be the shortest route. You need to be warned that Auchi - Benin Road is a death Trap. I mean so very Bad.

● Ensure your car is not one of those low cars. I had my car rims changed from 15" to 17" with tyre of 225 pi.

● Ensure your shocks are good.

● Your drivingredients license and Custom documents and motor vehicle are all in other.

● If you have your car tinted and your permit is the old vehicle tinted permit, please have them off. you will bribe so much till you hate yourself.

Different Routes

● In last 3 weeks, I have driven from Lagos - Kwara, Lagos - Ekiti, Lagos - Minna, Lagos - Abuja road.

Lagos - Minna - Abuja is the best route, the bad road around the Jabba mokwa has been repaired. and just a few side is still in bad shape.
The lagos - Minna route is the longest, however the road is well tarred and you can run very fast. I ran 135kM/h through that route. I left lagos 9:48am and got to Minna 6:20 on the Dot. The next day I left for Abuja.

● Lagos - Ekiti - Obadana- Abuja.
This route is fairly okay, however road from Ilesa ipetu down to Ado ekiti, is not that good so you can run and might end up driving slowly. The Obajana Lokoja road is so bad. That you dI'd be scared of your vehicle.
However it's the fastest. From Lokoja to Abuja is just too sweet, one way. via Airport Nnamdi azikwe, shehu musa yaradua road.

Things To do
● Breaking Your journey half or 3- Quarter way.
If you know you haven't driven this long before I do advice you split the journey into two, except you know you can do it.

● Please ensure you break all N1000 notes into N100. Else by the time you start bribing. You will end up paying N20,000 as settlement fees.

●Road Safety: Ensure you have your fire extinguisher, Spare tyre, Driver license and C- Caution.
I learnt the hard way around Obajana route down to lokoja.

● If you are a force man, just put your jungle heart or cap on the dashboard of your vehicle. Them no born them well to stop you. I once carried a force man.

● When you are asked by any force on the route always tell them you are from a far place, for example from Abuja say Kano. They will have pity on you and not ask you stupid questions or try waste your time.

■■■ PLEASE and Please if your custom paper is invalid no travel with your car ooooooooooooooo. Na there you go no say trouble dei sleep yanga go wake am. wetin him dei find? Wahala u dei find. Wahala you get ooo

cc: chiebube1

Summary: Take the Abuja - Lokoja - Ekiti - Ile ife - Lagos Route.

OR

Abuja - Minna - Kwara - Osogbo - Lagos Route. ( This route is about an hour slow however. You are guaranteed of running on a good tarred road. )

OOO less i forget. Have an updated version of your Google Map.

Below is a picture, from Lagos - ABuja, was running 140km/h

[size=16pt]Note!!!

Because you be expert driver for abuja no mean say you sabi drive for Lagos ooo. If your car is new without scratches please and please no carry the car enter lagos. Else na serious scratch you go carry.

A moderate lagos driver is an Abuja expert driver, however the reverse is not the case.[/size]

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by AbuSaad39(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
zeberebe:
not everyone can read and understand map
Yeah some don't attends Geography class in their secondary school days that's why. LOL!
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Ymodulus: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
AbuSaad39:
Yeah some don't attends Geography class in their secondary school days that's why. LOL!
you don't need to know how to read maps.

I use Google Map whenever am travelling and driving. It has been so simplified that you need not look at the map. My car has a Bluetooth so I use the Google Map Bluetooth functionality, which tells you follow right left or middle or slight left etc.

You also look at the top left edge of your screen and follow the arrows and heading.

also get a phone stand attach to your car windscreen front.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by petomas(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
prettysolid:
You are a man there are not so many risks to you travelling alone, just dont pick strangers on the highway and make sure your car is in proper order. Also go to some transport companies ask questions and follow the route most of them use. so do it and gain that experience
Shikenna! that's a nice advice to the guy.
I hate to see some guys giving some form of hash reply to someone who really needs help...

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Vince77(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ymodulus:
At Poster,

- I recently drove my car all way from Abuja to Lagos. Last week Tuesday to be precise.

- I left Abuja Tuesday evening around 3:45pm and got to lagos Wednesday morning 4:17am.

Things you should not do
● Do not ply the Lagos - Okene - Auchi - Benin - Ore Route. Though this seems to be the shortest route. You need to be warned that Auchi - Benin Road is a death Trap. I mean so very Bad.

● Ensure your car is not one of those low cars. I had my car rims changed from 15" to 17" with tyre of 225 pi.

● Ensure your shocks are good.

● Your drivingredients license and Custom documents and motor vehicle are all in other.

● If you have your car tinted and your permit is the old vehicle tinted permit, please have them off. you will bribe so much till you hate yourself.

Different Routes

● In last 3 weeks, I have driven from Lagos - Kwara, Lagos - Ekiti, Lagos - Minna, Lagos - Abuja road.

Lagos - Minna - Abuja is the best route, the bad road around the Jabba mokwa has been repaired. and just a few side is still in bad shape.
The lagos - Minna route is the longest, however the road is well tarred and you can run very fast. I ran 135kM/h through that route. I left lagos 9:48am and got to Minna 6:20 on the Dot. The next day I left for Abuja.

● Lagos - Ekiti - Obadana- Abuja.
This route is fairly okay, however road from Ilesa ipetu down to Ado ekiti, is not that good so you can run and might end up driving slowly. The Obajana Lokoja road is so bad. That you dI'd be scared of your vehicle.
However it's the fastest. From Lokoja to Abuja is just too sweet, one way. via Airport Nnamdi azikwe, shehu musa yaradua road.

Things To do
● Breaking Your journey half or 3- Quarter way.
If you know you haven't driven this long before I do advice you split the journey into two, except you know you can do it.

● Please ensure you break all N1000 notes into N100. Else by the time you start bribing. You will end up paying N20,000 as settlement fees.

●Road Safety: Ensure you have your fire extinguisher, Spare tyre, Driver license and C- Caution.
I learnt the hard way around Obajana route down to lokoja.

● If you are a force man, just put your jungle heart or cap on the dashboard of your vehicle. Them no born them well to stop you. I once carried a force man.

● When you are asked by any force on the route always tell them you are from a far place, for example from Abuja say Kano. They will have pity on you and not ask you stupid questions or try waste your time.

■■■ PLEASE and Please if your custom paper is invalid no travel with your car ooooooooooooooo. Na there you go no say trouble dei sleep yanga go wake am. wetin him dei find? Wahala u dei find. Wahala you get ooo

cc: chiebube1

Summary: Take the Abuja - Lokoja - Ekiti - Ile ife - Lagos Route.

OR

Abuja - Minna - Kwara - Osogbo - Lagos Route. ( This route is about an hour slow however. You are guaranteed of running on a good tarred road. )

OOO less i forget. Have an updated version of your Google Map.

Below is a picture, from Lagos - ABuja, was running 140km/h

[size=16pt]Note!!!

Because you be expert driver for abuja no mean say you sabi drive for Lagos ooo. If your car is new without scratches please and please no carry the car enter lagos. Else na serious scratch you go carry.

A moderate lagos driver is an Abuja expert driver, however the reverse is not the case.[/size]

Wow. Very great advice.

I love that interior.
Pls wch car is that?
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by juninho(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Best route is Abuja-Lokoja-Okene-Owo through Akungba-Akure-Ibadan-Lagos
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Ymodulus: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
Vince77:

Wow. Very great advice.

I love that interior.
Pls wch car is that?

Honda Civic Sport 2013. Automatic Transmission.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by laolay2g(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
The best route now is abuja-lokoja-kabba-ado ekiti-ilesha-ibadan
But u have to follow the transport company drivers because that was what I did the last time, road is very tricky and u will miss ur path if u not very conversant with the route

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by AbuSaad39(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ymodulus:

you don't need to know how to read maps.

I use Google Map whenever am travelling and driving. It has been so simplified that you need not look at the map. My car has a Bluetooth so I use the Google Map Bluetooth functionality, which tells you follow right left or middle or slight left etc.

You also look at the top left edge of your screen and follow the arrows and heading.

also get a phone stand attach to your car windscreen front.
okay knowingfully now that this person's car doesn't have Google Map Bluetooth cos if it does he will not going to be asking for advice, so what should be the best advice for this person?

Naija people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masters Tricycle Assembled In Abia State (Photo) / Water Or Coolant For Radiator / What DIYs (Do It Yourself ) Have You Done On Your Car Or Plan To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.