Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Smoking Almost Killed Me – Yeni Kuti - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Smoking Almost Killed Me – Yeni Kuti (557 Views)

Big Python Almost Killed A Lady Cooking In Her Kitchen In Edo (Photos) / UNIZIK Screening Application Portal Has Killed Me Ohhhhhhh... / Three Times My Nigerian Mum Almost Killed Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smoking Almost Killed Me – Yeni Kuti by Jahelastic(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2016
First daughter of late Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, Yeni, has revealed why she stopped smoking.

She said she only quit smoking three years ago so as to stay alive for her only daughter, Rolari.

Speaking with the Sun, Yeni said, “Before my daughter went into the university, I used to smoke and suffer chest pains. I was like ‘if I continue smoking I may die before my daughter graduates’.

“That was the inspiration I needed to stop smoking because for years, I had been telling myself that I would stop smoking on the first day of January, but by January 4 I was still smoking.

“But this time, I didn’t wait for January 3 or 4. I simply told myself that if I continued smoking, I would die and never see my daughter graduate. And that was just too important for me, so I just stopped. I have stopped smoking for three years. The fear of not being able to educate my child gave me that inspira­tion. I was like, who will educate this girl if I die?”

Continuing, she said, “I miss my daughter but we talk regularly. I can’t call her in her husband’s house the way I used to call her before.

“I am a very happy mother because my daughter is married and settled, and they both love each other,” Yeni added.

http://jahelastic..com.ng/2016/07/smoking-almost-killed-me-yeni-kuti.html?m=0

Re: Smoking Almost Killed Me – Yeni Kuti by Abraham4christ(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Why u know die...idiot u saw fire an u still put ur hand inside and expect me(lai buhari}to tell u sorry.
Re: Smoking Almost Killed Me – Yeni Kuti by Jahelastic(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Abraham4christ:
Why u know die...idiot u saw fire an u still put ur hand inside and expect me(lai buhari}to tell u sorry.

She no know that time but she don know now

(1) (Reply)

Elisha Olawale Should Be Blame For Her Death / Tyler Perry: Madea Halloween (ahahahaha) / 7 Cities That Might Replace Post-brexit London As Europe’s Financial Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.