Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? (975 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? by uscofield: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
I was wondering why Tithes should be recorded in churches since it is meant to be between you and God.
Some churches even tag your participation in some activities to your tithing.
As for me, I don't think it is right for churches to take record of how much you pay and when you pay your tithes.
What is your take on this?

cc: Seun, Lala, Mods, what do you think?
Re: Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? by CrazyG: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
Orisirisi
Re: Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? by zlatan10(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
certainly not
Re: Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? by Breadmaker: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Atleast I will know how much the church will pay me back when I see a better church.
Re: Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? by Alexk2(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
It's not biblical to start with... It's only a matter of doctrine that i personally dislike. To me it can only make people give grudgingly and not freely as expected.
Why not admonish the congregation very well on the blessing in giving and paying tithes and leave them to do the giving freely.
Re: Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? by hahn(m): 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
All business are supposed to keep track of their customers and also record their profit. It is normal tongue

(1) (Reply)

Popular Port Harcourt Man Of God Rescues Prostitutes, Sets Diobu Captives Free. / Shocking Confession By Musa Abdullah On Biafra, N'delta / Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.