Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September (7073 Views)

Poll: What Scum survives?

Tottenham: 41% (7 votes)
Man UTD: 41% (7 votes)
Draw: 17% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by mukina2: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
Vs

Spurs fans are in dreamland right now, grin they may not be top of the league (by one goal) but four wins in four so far in the Premier League have raised expectations even higher than usual at White Hart Lane. Tottenham are tied on points with leaders Chelsea having won all four league games and if they can beat Manchester, then anything is possible. United continued the winning run despite another below-par performance, but they will have to play a great game if they want to take all three points from White Hart Lane.

Redknapp is definitely the man behind the good results as he revitalized players like Defoe, Lennon and Keane, and now everybody at the club are optimistic about team’s chances this season. After a couple of outstanding performances, Spurs didn’t play well against Birmingham and they were lucky to win the game, but not even the title contenders can play at the highest level week in week out, thus it is very important for Tottenham to be picking up points even when they don’t play well. After four somewhat easier opponents, Spurs are set to face their first real test and are hoping to grab all three points in this encounter.

Even one point would certainly be seen as a good result, Spurs will attack the opponents from the very start. With Luka Modric set to miss the first part of the season after breaking his leg, Harry Redknapp has two options for the left hand side. He can either play new signing Niko Kranjcar, who didn’t have a lot of time to work with the squad, or move Robbie Keane on the left, while restoring the Crouch-Defoe partnership. We are yet to see which option Redknapp will choose for the Manchester game.Spurs will also probably have Heurelho Gomes back – the much maligned Brazilian was sensational in this fixture last season with a string of saves that ensured a 0-0 draw. If Spurs are to have any chance of a positive result, they will need Ledley king marshalling the defence, especially as Sebastien Bassong is also a doubt for this match due to an injury picked up on his Cameroon debut. grin

Manchester United didn’t have the best of starts to their Premiership campaign , the loss of key players in Tevez and Ronaldo is still taking out it toll on Fergie's men. Alex Ferguson is still trying to rebuild the team and his side have won more points then they deserved to considering their performances. The second half of the Wigan game is practically the only time when United demonstrated their power this season and it is more than evident they need to raise their game significantly if they want win anything this season. Sir Alex Ferguson’s side was on the verge of the defeat against Arsenal, but they somehow managed to win the game,after referee Mike Deen was totally blind in officiating tongue although the players are probably still wondering just how they managed to take all three points.After being outplayed for most pats of the match. cool. The international break is unlikely to have a positive effect on the team as almost all first team regulars were away with their national teams .Gary Neville is finally fit and he will take his place in the side.

With Injuries to Ferdinand, Van der Sar and Hargreaves dokitor assistant grin, here's hoping fergie's men save the day and deal with the spud scum cool
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by MrTA(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
Na wa o, are all these haters still crying over Arsenal's defeat?
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by tayoccu(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
i see the spuds winning this one 1-0.

@muki
how come you're the one doing the grunt work?
where's criz?
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by didoflex(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
Mukky Mukky! You're at it Again, SCUM?

Anyway, we Win at the Lane on Saturday, grin

COYS[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by mukina2: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
Tayoccu
criz will soon be back wink

didoflex:

Mukky Mukky! You're at it Again, SCUM?

Anyway, we Win at the Lane on Saturday, grin

COYS[size=8pt][/size]
what did i do na? grin
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by allboyz(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
Spuds - 6
UTD - 1
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by RuuDie(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Spurs fans berra start lowering their expectations now b4 its too late. . . . come Saturday, they're gonna get a fotballing lesson from a UTD side that is nowhere near full-flight yet. . . now ain't that scary shocked cool
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by RuuDie(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
Any idea which of the many, many satellite tv providers we have nowadays is airing this match
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
allboyz:

Spuds - 6
UTD - 1

in your dreams hater wake up tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by allboyz(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

in your dreams hater wake up tongue tongue tongue tongue

where are you located? wld love to sit side by side wiv u and see that game . . . .
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by manmustwac(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is uniteds first real test and thier going to lose 2.1 to spurs smiley
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by MrTA(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is spurs' first real test. Beating the scousers isnt a big deal these days but facing the champions is a different kettle of fish.
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by allboyz(m): 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
Mr_TA:

This is spurs' first real test. Beating the scousers isnt a big deal these days but facing the champions is a different kettle of fish.

ENGLISH!!!!!
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by bydot1(m): 2:41am On Sep 11, 2009
Spurs shouldn't be too happy cuz of their 4 straight league wins,.,,, well I see ManUtd comin out gud n takin all 3pts (Spur 1_-_3 ManUtd)
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by MrTA(m): 8:14am On Sep 11, 2009
Probably, or hopefully

Foster

Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani

Rooney
Berbatov

That's probably the strongest team.
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2009
Spurs 3- 1 MU
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by tayoccu(m): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2009
allboyz:

Spuds - 6
UTD - 1

I want the spuds to win, but this prediction is . . .
even if the mancs show up with their academy team, the spuds won't win 6-1.

BlueDiva:

Spurs 3- 1 MU

now there's a more realistic score line,
modric, lennon, keane - valencia.
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by ritchboy(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2009
At least one of em will drop points so i guess i should be happy.
But is it possible both teams LOSE? grin
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by BinghiNya(m): 11:40am On Sep 11, 2009
Even if United's reserves plays this game they will still thunk Spurs. United has the indian sign over spurs and harry redknapp. Spurs 1 United 3.

Note: Spurs haven't beaten United since 1999, how about that.
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by tayoccu(m): 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2009
well Binghinya a new chapter in history is gonna begin tomorrow.

spuds 3- manure 1
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by BinghiNya(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
I will hang myself if spurs even manage a draw. Spurs 1 Arsenal 3
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by chic2pimp(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
BinghiNya:

I'll hold you that. U must commit suicide oooo.The sooner we get rid of all of y'all, the better.
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by khanye(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
BinghiNya:

No bet your life my guy
remember CR7 is no more tongue
Na MO7 dey grin
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by BinghiNya(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
when United thumped arsenal 2=1 last week was CR7 there.
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by khanye(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
Spurs no be Arsenal cool
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by BinghiNya(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
United own spurs. White hart land is the new trafford grin
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by khanye(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
No wahala, let's wait n see cool
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by mukina2: 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
BinghiNya:

arsenal grin
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by Emperoh(m): 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nyabinghi with all your gragraa, see as you they wish our rivals luck na wa to you oo!!

Mancs
I see a very hard game here.
Much as i want us to believe we will get over things here, we will have to endure moments of scare
I want us to win but then we ain't playing at full strenght. . .i expect to see the old horses in this one
Maybe Scholes and Fletcher. . i see a packed mid-field game as Spurs is the abi Redknapp is the king of Midfield games.
If we win this one, i see experience as the thing that will nick it for us. . . . but we no go loose!!
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by tkb417(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
after beating Arsenal, what can Spurs offer?
Lennon? we shall see

UTD to win 2-1
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by ritchboy(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
tkb417:

after beating Arsenal, what can Spurs offer?
Lennon? we shall see

UTD to win 2-1

i actually see lennon running patrice ragged.
if i were a defender, he's the penultimate player i'd want to face one on one(after messi, of course)

Tottenham 2-1 Man Utd
Re: Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September by IYANGBALI: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
allboyz:

where are you located? wld love to sit side by side wiv u and see that game . . . .
i rather sit with eyimba fan than to sit with you tongue
BinghiNya:

United own spurs. White hart land is the new trafford grin
pls told them grin grin
BinghiNya:

when United thumped arsenal 2=1 last week was CR7 there.
no mind the fool
BinghiNya:

Even if United's reserves plays this game they will still thunk Spurs. United has the indian sign over spurs and harry redknapp. Spurs 1 United 3.

Note: Spurs haven't beaten United since 1999, how about that.
na you yarn the koko,the true talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Juventus Vs AC Milan (3 - 2) On 6th October 2013 / Chelsea Vs Wigan Athletic (4 - 1) On 9th February 2013 / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.