Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Requisite Training In Process Engineering Design In The Oil And Gas Industry - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Requisite Training In Process Engineering Design In The Oil And Gas Industry (372 Views)

Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. / Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria / Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Requisite Training In Process Engineering Design In The Oil And Gas Industry by Eberechukwu07(m): 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
PROCESS DESIGN SOFTWARE TRAININGS
If you are very familiar with the concept of the chicken or the egg causality dilemma, you would realize that the Oil and Gas industry operates on a very similar concept. You see job advertorials that go thus “Our organization requires the services of a Chemical/Process Engineer.....Work Experience: One (1) to maximum of Five (5) years post 1st degree (includes National Youth Service) experience.
Additional Requirements include
1. Moderate HYSYS and /or PIPEPHASE simulation skills
2. Ability to interpret Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID), Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Safety Analysis Function Evaluation (SAFE) charts.
3. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
4. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Responsibilities:
5. Designs and modifies straightforward equipment and facilities such as: separators and treaters;
transfer pumps; vapor recovery units; simple pipelines.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of production engineering processes / terminology.
7. Performs heat and material balances for units such as glycol units, amine plants, cooling tower,
oil and gas separators, etc.
8. Utilizes basic tools and procedures for design safety (such as API 14C, flare and relief systems,
process safety management, etc.).
9. Maintains basic data sheets, supplier drawings, P&IDs.
At this point you begin to wonder how on earth such an Organization expects a fresh graduate or even one who has graduated and meets the required First degree criteria to have all these skills (mind you, this advert was culled from the 2015 Chevron Facilities Engineer job vacancy and I know some of you are saying “Exactly”).
This then brings me to the one million dollar question, how do I gain such skills prior to this test/interview? The answer is simple. “Relevant industry training”. What do I mean by this? The Oil industry is basically a skill and years of experience driven industry such that once you don’t have the requisite skill set, your resume may not even make it pass the first hurdle. Such skill set can only be obtained by working in an Oil and gas firm or being trained by seasoned professionals who are in the business. This is where I come in;
As a result of this challenge, I have decided to bridge the gap and make it easier for fresh graduates or even professionals without the requisite skills set to work for such Oil and gas firms without prior “work experience”. I offer courses particularly in the process design software with relevant project based resources that would be very beneficial to participants. We do not intend to train participants by merely running through manuals without giving practical industry feel to it to.
A list of the areas where we can train individuals are listed but not limited to the following;
• Process Simulation using ASPENTECH HYSYS (to build gas plant, flow station and also crude stabilization models)
• Pipeline Hydraulics using PIPEPHASE/PIPESIM (to perform basic and complex hydraulic calculation)
• Instrucalc Software training (for sizing of restriction orifices, PSV’s and control valves)
• Fisher Specification Manager (for Control valve sizing)
These software can be used by both process/chemical and instrumentation engineers. In order to verify my authenticity, you can look me up on LinkedIn through this link https://www.linkedin.com/in/eberechukwu-onyekwe-57852335?trk=hp-identity-name
For enquiries on training details you can reach me through the following means;
Email: nellyebby@yahoo.com
Telephone: 08161794826

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Autocad.pdms, Petrel, P&id Training In Ajah, Lekki/ajah( Reg In Progress) / Forum Mods Wanted / Indicate Interest Now: Candidate Focused Applicant Training Online And Offline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.