Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator (596 Views)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Sugarcious(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2016
This is my reason..

I strongly believe that evolution is fake and due to my research online although I know nothing about Science, I have come to this conclusion.

It's a simple concept of intelligent design where by the vast complexity of the earth and its synergistic needs would only be possible with an intelligent designer. You can liken this to finding a wrist watch (which is far less complex then living thing on earth) in the dirt and trying to explain how a sequence of events accidentally created all of its parts and formed them together by sheer chance. Is their a statistical possibility? Sure but do you really believe a watch didn't require an intelligent designer? No because your not dumb. Something created this earth or rather some intelligent designer set in motions the universe that created this earth.
Bare in mind, I don't engage in conversation written or verbal with people who lack dignity and respect. If your only opposition is hidden behind condescending insults then you will be talking to walls the rest of your life.
Re: Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Niflheim(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2016
Good day Sir!!! I am your "Best Friend", I have come to correct your errors.

Error number 1: "I strongly believe that evolution is fake"...................Evolution is not about belief, it is a science, and so therefore you can test it if it is real or not.

Error number 2: "It's a simple concept of intelligent design"..........................No it is not!!! This is why your blood vessels pass in front of your retina, rather than behind, creating the PUNCTUM CAECUM(human blind spot)!!!

Errror number 3: "how a sequence of events accidentally created"...............................But Evolution does not even address or attempt to address the issue of creation!!! The area of science that is trying to address creation is known as "ABIOGENESIS".

Error number 4:"Something created this earth or rather some intelligent designer set in motions the universe that created this earth"..............................................This is extremely dishonest and very misleading!!! You just created what you call a "false dichotomy". How do you know that it is either A or B? What of C? an Eternal universe? What of D? An unintelligent designer?
Re: Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Sugarcious(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Niflheim:

Error number 1: "I strongly believe that evolution is fake"...................Evolution is not about belief, it is a science, and so therefore you can test it if it is real or not.

Error number 2: "It's a simple concept of intelligent design"..........................No it is not!!! This is why your blood vessels pass in front of your retina, rather than behind, creating the PUNCTUM CAECUM(human blind spot)!!!

Errror number 3: "how a sequence of events accidentally created"...............................But Evolution does not even address or attempt to address the issue of creation!!! The area of science that is trying to address creation is known as "ABIOGENESIS".

Error number 4:"Something created this earth or rather some intelligent designer set in motions the universe that created this earth"..............................................This is extremely dishonest and very misleading!!! You just created what you call a "false dichotomy". How do you know that it is either A or B? What of C? an Eternal universe? What of D? An unintelligent designer?

Good points!!
Re: Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by oyeludef(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
Niflheim:

Science itself evolves so how can it be trusted? Each generation is limited by the level of scientific discoveries dey av had. There are somethings once believed in past generation dat aren't true today. There was a time dat drugs to cure most disease were made out of human or animal faeces in ancient Egypt which was d most scientifically advanced country at dat time. Science is still on a journey to discover alot even after our generation has past so y limit ursef to d discovery of d day?

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by honourhim: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
oyeludef:

Science itself evolves so how can it be trusted? Each generation is limited by the level of scientific discoveries dey av had. There are somethings once believed in past generation dat aren't true today. There was a time dat drugs to cure most disease were made out of human or animal faeces in ancient Egypt which was d most scientifically advanced country at dat time. Science is still on a journey to discover alot even after our generation has past so y limit ursef to d discovery of d day?
Good point.

(1) (Reply)

Take It To The ONE That Matters / First Gay Church In Nigeria Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary / Did All Die With Christ ( And What Does It Matter?) - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.