Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Suspect Tells Police Bullets Can’t Kill Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspect Tells Police Bullets Can’t Kill Me (459 Views)

Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS / Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) / Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suspect Tells Police Bullets Can’t Kill Me by rawglobalnews: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
A suspected cult leader, Andrew Awalebi, has told operatives of the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command that no amount of bullets can pierce through his body.

Awalebi, a suspected member of the Eiye Confraternity, reportedly told the police that a charm he got from an herbalist made him to be invincible to bullets.

We learnt that the 35-year-old suspect was arrested on Friday at a pub in Jakande Estate in the Ajah area of Lagos State.

He was said to be in company with three other suspected members of his gang when the police swooped on them around 8am.

Our correspondent gathered that the RRS operatives had got information on Awalebi’s movements from a member of the gang, Michael Thompson, who had earlier been arrested for robbery.

Awalebi, in his statement to the police, allegedly said he worked for a popular landowner in the Lekki area, adding that he earned N40,000 monthly for securing the landed property of his boss.

He explained that his protective charm against gunshots was prepared for him by an herbalist in the Ijebu-Isiwo area of Ogun State, adding that the charm was to save him from gunshots of land grabbers in Lekki.

“I was initiated into the Eiye Confraternity in 1996 by one Banji. Later in 1997, I was promoted as its topmost leader after the death of Banji.

“We were eight members in the cult group. We meet very early in the morning or late at night. I was arrested by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad sometime ago when my cult group caused mayhem in Jakande Estate, inflicting injuries on passersby in the area,” he added.

The indigene of Ilaje Local Government Area, Ondo State, was reportedly given out by Thompson of the same cult, who was arrested for robbery at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos.

Read more from RAW GLOBAL NEWS via http://www.rawglobalnews.net/suspect-tells-police-bullets-cant-kill-me/

(1) (Reply)

How U / Woman's Boyfriend Sexually Assaults 10-month Old Daughter / Househelp Nabbed After Stealing £3,350 From Boss In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.