Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,259 members, 7,860,594 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1001494 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
nemesis2u:

lol
ur asking me the question which i had asked u all almost a year back grin

it would have made more sense economically and the deal could have been a steeping stone for nigerian chinese collaboration in avionics sector via FC1 customization/upgrade program for the MLU which every aircraft is destined to.

plus the financial terms for the acquisition would have been more suitable and importantly delivery/support/maintenance services would have been faster .

eg. if tomorrow NAF wants some changes to its jf17 it will to approach p******* who will in turn have to approach china and back and forth.

and god forbid if some day south asia goes KA-BOOM grin grin grin grin

would chinese OEM be under any obligation to support NAF JF17 deal with PAF ?
knowing the business minded Chinese they might, for a extra load of dollars grin

i also wondered why Naij didn't just do a with China,especially as they were buying 2 corvettes at the same time. What did Pakistan offer? Or was it good salesmanship on their part? This is yet another example of what Eeben Barlow,ex SADF,COIN consultant, CEO of SSTEPS,international trainer of tactics and strategies said:"basically we end up buying the wrong equipment for the wrong wars,due to Western bs." Look at the Kenyan and Egypt story with the Air Tractors;an American commercial entity somehow entered the deal as an intermediary jacking up the price by 100mn$+!!

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
kikuyu1:

i also wondered why Naij didn't just do a with China,especially as they were buying 2 corvettes at the same time. What did Pakistan offer? Or was it good salesmanship on their part? This is yet another example of what Eeben Barlow,ex SADF,COIN consultant, CEO of SSTEPS,international trainer of tactics and strategies said:"basically we end up buying the wrong equipment for the wrong wars,due to Western bs." Look at the Kenyan and Egypt story with the Air Tractors;an American commercial entity somehow entered the deal as an intermediary jacking up the price by 100mn$+!!

correct
best deal govt to govt deal without any third party intermediaries
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
7.62 mm NATO pistols! Basically severely chopped carbine size versions of the Kings of Battle. Some would say this loses 30% of bullet energy negating the use of the 7.62 NATO power and that short -10 inch barrel would increase muzzle flash but you get that power for CQB and/or FIBUA.

DSA FN FAL pistol and the RSA Vector arms G3 pistol. OOPS! Second is an Argie version.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
New Face of UK Police Forces... #SOP

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
I've said this so many times I no longer bother cause either people CAN'T UNDERSTAND OR WON'T UNDERSTAND! Glad to see Putin finally stating the obvious:
the Russian president said that “95% of the world’s terrorist attacks are orchestrated by the CIA,” and the St. Petersburg metro bombing must be investigated “with this in mind.“
http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=150215

When questioned by a top aide as to whether the 95% figure was accurate, Putin sighed heavily and fixed the assembled group with his trademark stare before explaining that in regards to how the world is run, all is not how it seems.

Reminds me of when I revealed the real owner of the Westgate mall after the attacks and people chose not to 'believe.' Ohh well! Let me leave Uncle Vlad's explanation:
mankind has been manipulated to become “unconscious” through the use of programming by media and politics,
Don't accept things at face value,people!

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
kikuyu1:
I've said this so many times I no longer bother cause either people CAN'T UNDERSTAND OR WON'T UNDERSTAND! Glad to see Putin finally stating the obvious:
http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=150215

Reminds me of when I revealed the real owner of the Westgate mall after the attacks and people chose not to 'believe.' Ohh well! Let me leave Uncle Vlad's explanation:
Don't accept things at face value,people!
I'm not usually a conspiracy fanboy but the spike in terror activities (Manchester and London attacks) that occurred days before the UK general elections really got me thinking.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
nemesis2u:

correct
best deal govt to govt deal without any third party intermediaries
The JF-17 deal was with the Paks heaven knows why (maybe a payback for friendship).
The best my little head can place this delay of delivery on is lack of pressure on our part

At d same time..I wish we dealt with the Chinese directly I had so much in store for that bird & our fledgling industry undecided

Modified: Do you think,say 2hardpoints can b added to block 3

@Kikuyu when next you mention my country ..It is Nigeria & not Naij
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I'm not usually a conspiracy fanboy but the spike in terror activities (Manchester and London attacks) that occurred days before the UK general elections really got me thinking.
The world we have found ourselves in is dog eat dog(s)

Meanwhile I de wait wetin u wan send me o grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

You don't have to be a conspiracy fanboy to see some strange patterns. When you do and research further you see the truth! Btw,do YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THE SHEER INTEL PUTIN HAS SEEN?? CAN YOU EVEN GUESS THE HIGHEST LEVEL RESTRICTED ACCESS LEVEL RAW INTEL HE HAS SEEN THROUGHOUT HIS KGB CAREER??
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
kikuyu1:

You don't have to be a conspiracy fanboy to see some strange patterns. When you do and research further you see the truth! Btw,do YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THE SHEER INTEL PUTIN HAS SEEN?? CAN YOU EVEN GUESS THE HIGHEST LEVEL RESTRICTED ACCESS LEVEL RAW INTEL HE HAS SEEN THROUGHOUT HIS KGB CAREER??
Anyways the mandate of the CIA is the pursue the long term interests of the United States by all means necessary using resources made available to them, however I believe they should reveiw how things are being done, in this globalized world we are more linked and interconnected than ever before with information at our finger tips.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
Odunayaw:
The world we have found ourselves in is dog eat dog(s)

Meanwhile I de wait wetin u wan send me o grin
Bros I never forget, just give me one sec.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Pictures of testing of braking parachute pod on the F-35A that will be used by the Royal Norwegian Air force

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
what is unusual about this israeli 707 passenger jet ? grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
Odunayaw:

when a aircraft is designed generally the load points (present / future options) r taken into consideration .

whether 2 hard points can be added or not will depend on the load capabilities of the prospective attachment points (whether the wing structure will bear the additional load or not).

plus there is the question of clear/perfect separation of weapon stores from the new points, this will pose a headache .

plus there is the question of aerodynamic flight performance which will/might change due to drag or other effects.

again plus there is the question of the aircraft operational parameters changing due to addition of 2 hardpoints + weapons , whether the end user is comfy with the reduced stats. aircraft's operates on very tight parameters , even a slight change of these parameters will cause problems leading to degradation of performance..

etc
etc

multi ejector pylons r a option but these also poses some of the same problems as above .

all in all it will boil down to the core aircraft design and its structural load bearing capability, this sort of modification will take 1-2 years at the least if it is feasible.

as for ur question only the Chinese designers will be able to answer that after a through feasibility study grin

(ie modifications (2 hard points ) can be done if it is feasible)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 12:53am On Jun 14, 2017
They finally understand 7th generation aircraft grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
They finally understand 7th generation aircraft grin
7th Gen aye grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 2:06am On Jun 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

no, it was snapped by some guy while traveling through the highway

only have the CAD drawings if ur inerested
post it here am interested....
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 2:20am On Jun 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
refueling boom
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 2:35am On Jun 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

A passenger jet being used by an Intel agency or military is what I suspect. Paint scheme makes me feel so however what's the unsusal stuff you noticed?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Adminisher: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
The JF-17 deal was with the Paks heaven knows why (maybe a payback for friendship).
The best my little head can place this delay of delivery on is lack of pressure on our part

At d same time..I wish we dealt with the Chinese directly I had so much in store for that bird & our fledgling industry undecided

@Kikuyu when next you mention my country ..It is Nigeria & not Naij
Thanks
I put it to you there is no delay after a possible change to 2-seater aircraft. We signed a contract and are buying a package. It is not jankara market. Hardware centric thinking is dangerous. It is not when you have a car parked in your garage that you have bought the car.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
lionel4power:
refueling boom

correct grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
tdayof:

A passenger jet being used by an Intel agency or military is what I suspect. Paint scheme makes me feel so however what's the unsusal stuff you noticed?

it is highly unusual for a passenger jet to have a refueling boom. note the external appearance ( windows ) is similar to a normal passenger jet.when view from the ground it will be easily mistaken for a normal passenger jet, plus if it carries a registration as a passenger jet , even ATC etc will be fooled.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
lionel4power:

post it here am interested....

i posted it already (2 pics)

edit attached the pics again

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
DRDO yesterday successfully testfired Prospina missile earlier known as 'Nag' during trials at the Chandan Field Firing Range in Jaisalmer.

the much-delayed Gen-3 Fire and Forget Anti-Tank Guided Missile had successful night trials at a range of four-km earlier last year, but the infra-red seekers had a problem in differentiating the target from the surroundings in extreme hot desert conditions during the day time encountered in Thar desert.

it is worth mentioning both JAVELIN and SPIKE had failed similar tests in Thar desert in India during trials.

the infra-red seeker could identify and engage the target even if the environment was cool and also if the differential temperature was mere two degrees. But if the target tank was left for hours in summer (sun), that is what as done during previous day time trials ( 11 a.m. to 3 p.m ), the temperature difference between the tank and the environment become very negligible and during this time nag could not meet the targeted four km range.

so to overcome this , highly sensitive detectors was placed on missile tip for sensing heat or infra red signals in three different thermal scenarios

1.thermal differential within the target
2.thermal differential between the target and the background
3.surrounding temperature variations.

this resulted in the Prospina (nag) ATGM to hit targets at minimum of 500m to maximum of 4 km at searing temperatures of 50-55 degree centigrade successfully.

Prospina (nag) ATGM is now has the unmatched competence of detecting and hitting the targets with a very Low Thermal Contrast vis a vis surroundings to the tune of a mere 0.2 degree Celsius.

Prospina (nag) ATGM operates in fire and forget mode and performs top attack maneuver to hit the vulnerable top portion of tanks etc.

NAG programme has resulted in may variation of ATGMS under development.

1.HELINA helicopter launched NAG range 7km
2.unnamed aircraft launched missile based on NAG in the class of BRIMSTONE range 10+ km
3.MPATGM man portable ATGM

Prospina (nag) is launched from NAMICA

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
Prospina (nag) ATGM Nag uses locally developed LWIR IIR seeker but with Sofradir’s FPA.

very few countries can manufacture FPA , majority of world wide IIR based ATGMs/missiles uses imported FPA .

also Indians ran into problems with the french FPA which under performed in extreme heat. the Indians then developed a miniature cryogenic unit to cool the FPA so that it could operate optimally in extreme heat when it was exposed during flight .

algorithms r all indian , it is the brain of the seeker / ATGM .
hardware can be replicated if enough resources r available but it is very very difficult in fact impossible to replicate / decode algorithms.

the performance of a seeker is dependent on the algos.

very few countries can manufacture FPA , majority of world wide IIR based ATGMs/missiles uses imported FPA .

recently an Indian institute manages to develop technology critical to manufacturing FPA , so chances r in 2-5 years an Indian designed/manufactured FPA will get realized.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
New Mi-35M for Algerian air force

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Russian Il-22PP Prorubshik ESM/ECM aircraft

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
A new Mi-28NE for Algerian AF

Algeria is really keeping Russia busy grin

seriously do u guys ever run out of pilots grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
New Mi-35M for Algerian air force

Is this correct?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
and now Egypt joins the party grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
Henry240:

Is this correct?

why ?

becz of the Russian flag ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Mi-8AMTSh

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.