Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,757 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (996783 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 07, 2017
at siachin u dont just go for patrol dutieas straight awayy

first u need to warm up

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ukrainian Scouts doing an exercise with soldiers in the ATO. They have some small drones and 60mm mortars but heres just the small arms

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
MADE IN PAKISTAN - Sea, Air and Land systems.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
kikuyu1:

Sorry to say the KDF had an experience with an Indian general,SIERRA LEONE,2000 that was entirely negative and had nothing to do with wild animals.
Kenbatt was stuck in hostile territory disarming when the RUF suddenly turned hostile. Mind you these boys were constantly high and could turn from smiling friendliness to snarling rage in nanoseconds.

This infamous UN mandated commander of mission in sierra leone Gen Vijay Kumra Jetley at that time refused to send in gunships that were under the control of ukrainian contigents(who handled transport logistics and air cover) to rescue or help kenyan troops who were surrounded and outnumbered by rebels in the northern sector where kenyans were told to operate and carry out disarmament activity...the rebels did not like this.

The general when told of repeated radio calls for help just looked at the map they had on the wall circled the area where kenyans were trapped in red marker pen and said "NO.JUST WRITE THESE GUYS OFF ..THE AREA IS TOO DANGEROUS TO SEND ANY HELP WE CANNOT RISK MORE LIVES."

A British colonel who was in the room told the guy he is making a mistake and that he knew kenyan soldiers and their training and was confident they would prevail.
AFTER several days of being under fire and almost being overrun by blood thirsty rebels..kenyans hatched a daring escape plan which they executed with such speed and bravery that surprised the rebels.
In the ensuing battle two kenyans died from enemy fire and one platoon sergeant got lost in the thick equittorial rain forest while injured.

This injured man survived for days while playing hide and seek with the rebels who were out looking all over.
The kenyan soldier after seven days and now too weak found an old man villager who was gardening and this man kept him hidden in a shack for another five days while he tried to find help for this man.
This injured man survived for days while playing hide and seek with the rebels who were out looking all over.
The kenyan soldier after seven days and now too weak found an old man villager who was gardening and this man kept him hidden in a shack for another five days while he tried to find help for this man.
Eventually the rebels caught up with the kenyan after being tipped off.

They came calling one evening and drugged the now helpless kenyan out of the back shack and killed him in cold blood on the footpath nearby...then hurriedly buried him in full uniform in a shallow grave.they did not harm the old man who lived to tell the story later as to exactly what took place leading to the mans death and also pointing out the spot where the body was laid to rest...i think his name was SSGT Wanyama..though i an not really sure..

The kenyans remains were recovered later after several months when the next kenbat mission took over with a kenyan general.Daniel Opande in charge with clear peace enforcement orders

never heard/read of it lipsrsealed

please provide the source , i would like to read it.

personally i have zero knowledge about this SIERRA LEONE UN mission

all this UN peace keeping operations r about more politics than military operations and ground realities in the area of deployment , it is best to have military commanders local to the region/continent in charge in the first place , missions in Africa must be run by Africans only , .

and FYI most of the time peace keeping operations r run by the powers to be in the UN rather than military commanders in charge . and unfortunately we know nothing about it.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
LSA

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
the man with the sarcastic smile i highlighted is trying to do the impossible that is bring USA and Russia on the same plate with regard to some common point of interests, which they r reluctant to do till date.

the fellow is almost considered a legend among intelligence circles

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2017
nemesis2u:

all this UN peace keeping operations r about more politics than military operations and ground realities in the area of deployment , it is best to have military commanders local to the region/continent in charge in the first place , missions in Africa must be run by Africans only , .

and FYI most of the time peace keeping operations r run by the powers to be in the UN rather than military commanders in charge . and unfortunately we know nothing about it.
Sorry,no source! Kenbatt guys recollections.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Fidha254(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2017
nemesis2u:

My uncle was in that mission for sierra leone, He says they went to a village, all the men were not there, they searched then when they were walking by some women, this kid not more than 11 years had a gun hidden under a cloth, he saw his best friend head get blown off, he turns back ready to shoot and the recoil of the gun had thrown the kid to the ground.... He has never told the story beyond that part...
After he came back he deserted the army, spend a better part of his life after the army hiding from MPs, drinking and jobless, until one time..then he was caught working as bartender, the MP juys had surrounded the bar b4 he even knew they were there, eventually forced to complete his contract or face jail, now he is an aircraft engineer in the private sector.

Anyway, that sierra leone mission was very messed up, my uncle likes to tell lots of stories, but that one he doesn't, he has this box full of pictures of when he was in KDF, freaky cool pictures, the guy lived for for adrenalin, its really hard to imagine how the guy from the pics is the same guy that chose to desert, what he saw there must have really messed him up for a long time before he got fixed... I have tried multiple times to search online for a story that coincides with what my uncle told us but nothing, but given that kikuyu1 has just written something that is very similar to one of the stories my uncle used to tell (once they got separated with other guys after another group was surrounded by rebels who outnumbers them) I am now seeing the picture

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
a book came out recently "The Contractor" by Raymond Davis

interesting read grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
nemesis2u:
a book came out recently "The Contractor" by Raymond Davis

interesting read grin grin grin

I'm trying to develop a reading culture, any idea where I can get it?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I'm trying to develop a reading culture, any idea where I can get it?

u can order online like through amazon etc

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
kikuyu1:

THE COMMON CREEP CRAWLIES IN AFRICAN COMBAT ZONES!

Nemesis2u,how much of an issue is this,especially in the far NE jungles?

it is a issue which can be handled barring some unavoidable ones

leeches real pain in the jungles

some u can eat too , if properly cooked - especially the foreign tourists come to eat it , local people don't eat it barring 1/2 secluded tribes,

the leeches in the deep jungles r really huge , in the ponds, marshy places or small water spots if u put ur hand in u will have it covered by leeches in seconds.

they will drill additional holes in ur dong and u will not even know it untill it is late lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

they r the SUPER SILENT ASSASSINS OF NATURE grin grin grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
Indian navy kilo class submarine, nemesis can you identify that reporter on the left?

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Indian navy kilo class submarine, nemesis can you identify that reporter on the left?

cant identify

i dont like indian presstitudes so dont really take a interest in them
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Tank ACE 2nd Lieutenant Arun Khetarpal's Vijayanta tank Fama Gusta , 10 confirmed american supplied Patton tank Kills

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
nemesis2u:
the guy below will be easily mistaken for mujahedin fighter.

he is Late Major from 9 Para

he was tasked to kill mujahedin fighters coming in from western neighboring country ,

so best idea become one of them and finished them one by one.

cc deathmachine
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
nemesis2u:
best T72 upgrade ever in my opinion.

Arjun turret mated to T72 hull

the russians poured water on it sad sad sad
Beautiful. I love the way you type .
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
counter terrorism ops

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
more counter terrorism ops pics

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
COIN ops

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
more coin ops

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
military exercises

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
more military exercises

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
more military exercises pics

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
IA exercises

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
IA exercises more

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
IA exercises more pics

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
IA exercises more...........

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
Pinaka MBRL with guided rounds range 75km

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
2 new air defence fire control radars for point defense weapons systems like AAA / CIWS etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.