Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (987101 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:32am On Sep 24, 2016
indian trainer

HAL HJT-36

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 5:51am On Sep 24, 2016
nemesis2u:

i am inclined to believe u on the marketing thing.

but i am positive regarding my believe that someday in the future we will be seeing laser based CRAM. we had Israelis down here and they were very positive about it. looked like it was going to be their next venture.

some info on HEL MD
HEL MD is a giant high-energy laser outfitted atop a 500-horsepower Oshkosh 8×8 tactical vehicle. In its most recent testing, Boeing focused its 10-kilowatt laser on more than 150 airborne bogeys, which included both mortars and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Inducing a high level of heat on contact, the laser system burns the target until it either blows up – in the case of the mortars – or crashes.

The laser now deployed is 10kw (kilowatts), up coming models will be in the 50-60kw range.The HEL MD tracks and engages its targets through a state-of-the-art infrared targeting system.

The brute sources power from a 60kW diesel generator, which spools energy to a bank of lithium ion batteries, giving the HEL MD a feasibly endless supply of drone-zapping laser power … so long as the operators pack a few diesel jerrycans grin
I'm not saying systems in this class will never prove effective. I'm just not convinced they are all weather capable.

Kinetic munition in the form missiles though highly expensive I believe they are better. Able to attack out of sight targets.

Cost effectiveness is they bring to the field.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
I'm not saying systems in this class will never prove effective. I'm just not convinced they are all weather capable.

Kinetic munition in the form missiles though highly expensive I believe they are better. Able to attack out of sight targets.

Cost effectiveness is they bring to the field.

u have a point there , though i believe if the missile based CRAM is branched out to serve other needs like QRSAM or SRSAM or AAM or ATGM etc in different iterations but sharing the same frame and systems etc albit with minimum change outs as per operational needs , then it is going to be very cost effective .

there was a system made by the germans where the SAM could be used as a ATGM. cant recall the name .
also US has utilized /testing SDB / hellfire etc in air to ground and ground to ground role with quick on the field interchangeable LRUs.

also plz dont think that i dont agree with u with any topics , i only put forward my views which might look contrary to ur believe , but rest assured i do learn a lot from u all. i wont say how much because that would make me look very stupid. grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2016
The only thing more beautiful than an F-16 is....................... An F-16.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2016
Henry240:
I disagree.

a flanker

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
[b]China has tested quantum radar that will be able to detect stealth aircraft and other objects within the range of 100 km.

The radar uses quantum entanglement photons, which means it has better detection capabilities than conventional systems, so it can more easily track modern aircraft that use stealth technology or baffle enemy radar, various Chinese media reported. The method would be useful for tracking targets with a low radar cross section, such as modern aircraft using stealth technology or targets employing active countermeasures to jam or baffle enemy radar.

The radar, which was tested in mid-August, was first developed by the Intelligent Perception Technology Laboratory, a branch of defense and electronics firm China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETC).

According to defenseworld.net, The technology is also beneficial in bio-medicine, since quantum radar requires lower energy and can be used to non-invasively probe for objects with low reflectivity, such as cancer cells.
[/b]
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2016
Henry240:

Beautiful take off
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Even IRAN. henry I think we need someone to talk to those oga at the top about the need for homemade manufacturing. Even if it is a fast development on our UAV.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2016
giles14:
I disagree.

a flanker
A tomcat
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:
Even IRAN. henry I think we need someone to talk to those oga at the top about the need for homemade manufacturing. Even if it is a fast development on our UAV.
Plastic stealth jets? grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2016
MikeCZA:
Plastic stealth jets? grin grin grin

Not operational yet so that's why. At least they've got the capability.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:

Not operational yet so that's why. At least they've got the capability.

No, they don't.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Henry240:

No, they don't.
they don't have the capability for stealth or the aircraft? If it's stealth, then they sure do.. If it's avionics they may not be too capable but since IRAN has some locally designed trainer, they should be able to produce a full stealth aircraft with the help of Russia.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:
they don't have the capability for stealth or the aircraft? If it's stealth, then they sure do.. If it's avionics they may not be too capable but since IRAN has some locally designed trainer, they should be able to produce a full stealth aircraft with the help of Russia.

They re-engineer old American( Tomcats and F-5s) and keep them air-worthy. That's quite decent, but that's it. They don't have the capability to build an aircraft or apply stealth tech.

The Russians are yet the have a production model stealth aircraft, how are they now supposed to help the Iranians?

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Henry240:

The re-engineer old American( Tomcats and F-5s) and keep them air-worthy. That's quite decent, but that's it. They don't have the capability to build an aircraft or apply stealth tech.

The Russians are yet the have a production model stealth aircraft, how are they now supposed to help the Iranians?
Simplest of them all. It's just about learning and studying the principle and scattering of EM waves. Coating depends if they are ready to perform enough research on nano materials and composites. Enough shaping will do well in reducing an aircraft RCS. Take a look at gripen, Super hornet compare with Migs, F15,F16 it is obvious a low rcs was going to come out. The issue is lower RCS means you are giving out speed, maneuverability. JF-17 has no stealth design at all to me and its air frame were not made up of composites mechanically-steered planar array antenna is also a nono. Those are good energy reflectors. Stealth isn't hard it's just about studying, learning about the working principles of Em waves. Effective RAM/MAGRAM may be hard to study. It's just physics.
Enough shaping, use of composites and high tech MAGRAM will achieve aRCS close to that of F22. They should also contain energy emission.

People with existing technology make it look like it's a big deal/mystery. Stealth technology isn't big again. It was.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:
Simplest of them all. It's just about learning and studying the principle and scattering of EM waves. Coating depends if they are ready to perform enough research on nano materials and composites. Enough shaping will do well in reducing an aircraft RCS. Take a look at gripen, Super hornet compare with Migs, F15,F16 it is obvious a low rcs was going to come out. The issue is lower RCS means you are giving out speed, maneuverability. JF-17 has no stealth design at all to me and its air frame were not made up of composites mechanically-steered planar array antenna is also a nono. Those are good energy reflectors. Stealth isn't hard it's just about studying, learning about the working principles of Em waves. Effective RAM/MAGRAM may be hard to study. It's just physics.
Enough shaping, use of composites and high tech MAGRAM will achieve aRCS close to that of F22. They should also contain energy emission.

People with existing technology makes it look like it's a big deal/mystery. Stealth technology isn't big again. It was.

If it were just coating or studying shapes both the F-22, T-50, J-20 and J-31 won't be taking this long or as long as they did to begin production. I'm not an expert in stealth, however what i do know is the use of composites and alloys or shapes doesn't really reduce any RCS as long as more powerful radars continue to enter the market.

The Gripen is a significantly smaller aircraft when compared to the MIG-29 or F-15. Lower RCS on the Gripen is blown out of proportion, radars still detect aircrafts like the Gripen from over 100km.

JF-17's airframe is constructed from aluminium alloys to keep both costs and weight down while providing high
structural strength. High strength steel and titanium alloys are partially adopted in some critical areas.

Nope, i beg to differ. Stealth is quite hard to achieve, if this wasn't the case we wouldn't be seeing Chinese hackers always prying hard on Pentagon files and an F-22 look alike flying in an AVIC test center.

Besides when you are referring to RCS, I hope
you are aware that it is a subjective figure and not an exact measure. The front RCS of the JF-17 is lesser than that
of the F-16 by odd benefit of the DSI intake in hiding the engine blades which ends up being a large contributor
to frontal RCS.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Henry240:

If it were just coating or studying shapes both the F-22, T-50, J-20 and J-31 won't be taking this long or as long as they did to begin production. I'm not an expert in stealth, however what i do know is the use of composites and alloys or shapes doesn't really reduce any RCS as long as more powerful radars continue to enter the market.
J20 and J31 development stealth development has been around for years. F22 and F35 started with increasing development from have blue.

The Gripen is a significantly smaller aircraft when compared to the MIG-29 or F-15. Lower RCS on the Gripen is blown out of proportion, radars still detect aircrafts like the Gripen from over 100km.
Stealth is about shape, edge configuration and not size. A Boeing 737 aircraft can be constructed to give out a RCS as small as a cart by designing it in a way that reflects off Radar waves from the receiver or making use of active cancellation. Gripen can be detected at 100KM due to lack of Radar absorbent materials

JF-17's airframe is constructed from aluminium alloys to keep both costs and weight down while providing high
structural strength. High strength steel and titanium alloys are partially adopted in some critical areas.
Jf-17 was constructed based on cost. If Pakistan had wanted something better they would have used composites to reduce weight and also go for AESA radars.

Nope, i beg to differ. Stealth is quite hard to achieve, if this wasn't the case we wouldn't be seeing Chinese hackers always prying hard on Pentagon files and an F-22 look alike flying in an AVIC test center.
The issue is Americans are far ahead both in Research. Just like Petr Ufimstev studied about the scattering of Em waves, If the soviet Union had considered it classified and taken research serious on it, they will be ahead in terms of stealth. Stealth principles are almost unclassified. China hacking into Pentagon doesn't mean they stole the shape and composite materials alone. They most definitely stole information they never knew contributed to high RCS.
We all know F22 obtuse angle and F31 DSI are increases stealth characteristics. I have a single patent on stealth technology( RAM).If anyone can help with where it can be applied kindly PM me. I would have loved to post a patent copy here but a global release will be out in few weeks. Edit: It's under the secrecy order so it wont be possible. There's a huge increase and development in stealth technology. I am still anticipating for Russia's plasma stealth, but till then US remains the king.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
several upgrades for SA-3 Legacy systems including digitization,even north korea has being able to upgrade its S-125 'Pechora
The S-125-2D is an extensive upgrade of the legacy S-125 (SA-3) missile system by the Ukranian 'Aerotechnica" company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHzNsuhZEZU&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpi_QUmRsDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0EFs0G4h0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6XUZDPTYfk
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
nemesis2u:

thanks for the info

so can u tell me what is the rate of operational availability of the Su-30MKA during peacetime?
also given the large number of Su-30MKA , Algeria must have its own MRO facilities for maintenance etc of the Su-30MKA.

Algeria have a very good maintenance capacity for most their equipment , aircraft , tanks, ship, submarines ect .... their is a facility for su30MKA maintenance , ( on the pic )

another news that i read today

Techmnodinamnica to open a branch of aviation service centre in Africa

The Technodinamica holding company of the ROSTECH State Corporation plans to open in South Africa a branch of the Aviation Service Centre to provide African operators of domestic aircraft with parts and components.

ROSTECH’s Technodinamica intends to open a representative office of the aviation service centre in Africa. The centre of maintenance and repair is slated to be opened in Algiers in 2018. That’s what Alexander Litvinov, Technodinamica’s Deputy Director for Innovations, Development and Sales, said during the international African exhibition of defence, aerospace and security technologies Africa Aerospace and Defence-2016 held in Pretoria (South Africa) from 14 to 18 September.

“At the first stage the centre will provide the services of inspection for defects and acceptance of aviation components, also, a warehouse of spare parts will be organized there; at the second stage we localize in Africa the repair of aviation components, which will appreciably accelerate the aircraft maintenance,” Deputy Director of Technodinamica said. “According to our strategy, as early as 2020 revenues of the holding company from providing maintenance services abroad will amount to almost a billion rubles. Also, presence in this region will enhance competitiveness of our aircraft in the eyes of potential customers.”

Technodinamica’s centre is expected to cover the needs of customers for the maintenance of domestically made aircraft operated in Africa and the Middle East. In Africa alone more than 1,000 of such aircraft are in operation.

The warehouse will store expendable materials needed most, frequently failing irrepairable parts. It is planned to repair wheels and brakes, electric mechanisms, starters, sensors, heaters, ground equipment and so on in-situ. The rest will be sent to the manufacturer for repairs.

It will be recalled that Technodinamica has already opened a representative office of the aviation service centre in India

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
chkil:

Algeria have a very good maintenance capacity for most their equipment , aircraft , tanks, ship, submarines ect .... their is a facility for su30MKA maintenance , ( on the pic )

another news that i read today

All I see is a beautiful engine. Engineering is indeed beautiful. grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:
[img]http://media.defense.gov/2016/Sep/19/2001636445/670/394/0/160919-F-YZ001-003.JPG[/img]

The B-21 has a name: Raider
would prefer d PAKDA
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by iblawi(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
J20
- It has the DSI ducts from the F-35
- It has the twin engine configuration of the F-22
- It has the Canted vertical trapezoidal tail of the F-22
- The wing uses the F-35A style configuration, but is closer to the F-35C in size
- The rear horizontal tail uses the F-35A design
- The rear exhaust nozzoles are standard turkey feather style designs that are on most 4th gen fighters
- The internal bomb bay is reminiscent of the F-22
- The canopy is very similar to the F-35, but made with a two piece design instead of a single bubble canopy
- The overall size is even very similar to the F-35C

Henry240 Chinese pentagon files at work grin grin

If DSI was used for F22 it won't be able to reach mach 2.

DSI principle;
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:
J20
- It has the DSI ducts from the F-35
- It has the twin engine configuration of the F-22
- It has the Canted vertical trapezoidal tail of the F-22
- The wing uses the F-35A style configuration, but is closer to the F-35C in size
- The rear horizontal tail uses the F-35A design
- The rear exhaust nozzoles are standard turkey feather style designs that are on most 4th gen fighters
- The internal bomb bay is reminiscent of the F-22
- The canopy is very similar to the F-35, but made with a two piece design instead of a single bubble canopy
- The overall size is even very similar to the F-35C

Henry240 Chinese pentagon files at work grin grin

If DSI was used for F22 it won't be able to reach mach 2.
so u believe d Chinese can hack into Pentagon and steal sensitive file of d F22 n F35 but didn't steal d d engines blueprints or file,dis really funny
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
J10 Notice the Inlet?

Notice the difference on the J10B?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
giles14:
so u believe d Chinese can hack into Pentagon and steal sensitive file of d F22 n F35 but didn't steal d d engines blueprints or file,dis really funny
LOL bro. I am neutral about this o. I am not accusing the Chinese even if they did. According to the news I have read, the hacking was performed by Chinese Nationals who then passed the documents to the Chinese government.
The hacking, their business lol.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
giles14:
All those things are physical characteristics in which to me could have been performed just by looking at the picture of a RAPTOR or F35. Hacking doesn't need to come in to achieve all that.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
tdayof:
All those things are physical characteristics in which to me could have been performed just by looking at the picture of a RAPTOR or F35. Hacking doesn't need to come in to achieve all that.

giles14:
hacking happens everyday in the world,but hacking a Pentagon server not nececerily contains all wanted information.can get F-22 secrect was probably a make-up story or exaggerated to some extent,though some unimportant infomation may leaked.They won't be that stupid putting all eggs in one basket.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.