Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,746 members, 7,844,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

PMB Was Always Going To Be Painful. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Was Always Going To Be Painful. (317 Views)

Nigeria’s Split Will Be Painful To Global Community – Osinbajo / PMB was poisoned by white imperialists in London. / Patience Jonathan Said Women Would Return To Kitchen Under PMB, Was She Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PMB Was Always Going To Be Painful. by makyegh(m): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
I have never had a doubt in my heart that voting for PMB would be without cost. I always knew that him being president will come with its attendant consequences which is why I was very hesitant about him as president during the elections. But the embarrassing expositions that were thrown up left and right about GEJ made him a hard sell and trapped between a rock and a hard place, I put up my hands and took it in my chin.
PMB won the elections and today many months after he was sworn in on a day he declared that "he belonged to everyone and he belonged to no one", its is becoming clearer that like George Orwell's Animal farm, PMB belongs more to some than he does others and surely, my fears are becoming reality.
I feared that we may have 1984 all over again (don't know what that means?), yes we are having 1984 all over again. The economic crunch is as hard if not harder. Survival is the level at which most families are operating. Forget those dreams.
The security situation is as bad as it was then, only this time the soldiers are not on the streets with whips to enforce discipline but look out for other security personnel who can do you as much damage.
PMB still does not have a basic grasp of economics now as then, he is muddling through it at a time when we need a clear vision.
The man who made promises at the 2014 campaigns has been setting his promises aside and doing the blame dirge just as it was in 1984 when Shagari and his Ministers was the song of the day.
Worst for me is the crass, devil may care attitude with which he has consistently treated the herdsmen killing of other ethnic groups in the country.
While I totally support him because he is my CinC, I cannot hide the fact that I am disappointed with his style of management and his willingness to shove appearances to the dogs even if his actions are hurtful and dangerous to some persons or groups. For instance, I see no reason why he wants to escalate the Sunni, Shia divide in Nigeria when in fact he knows that an emerging Iran will be happy to fight a proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Nigeria. I also don't understand why he willing to have security personnel target IPOB members for extermination when he tacitly ignoring killer Fulani herdsmen.
Its high time Mr President got his act together so that lives can begin to take a turn for the better. It would be double jeopardy to have voted for change and end up a victim of change seeing as families can hardly afford food much less and other luxurious life styles.
# PMBmindYaself

(1) (Reply)

Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog 'buhari' / Print Ojukwu....... / Mr Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Ondo (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.