Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (105603 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / A Song For Bola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO- EPISODE 1
‘That was so good’ he smacked her backside and licked her lips, content with their passionate lovemaking…she quickly gathered the sheets to hide her naked form…years of doing this hadn’t gotten her used to it…she still felt cheap and dirty after each client…
He noticed her sudden quietness and was a bit perturbed…she rode him like a wild mare some minutes ago and now she acted like a conquered virgin…
‘Am okay Chief…I think am good to go’ she hated talking to her clients after or establishing any sort of camaraderie with them…the idea didn’t just sit well with her. She knew it wasn’t disadvantageous because more men kept on coming to her….she was extremely beautiful.
Not wanting to waste more time, she quickly slid out of the bed and began to dress…
‘Let me shower first…wait for me’ …she just watched him shaking her head sadly…he was old enough to be her father but things didn’t work that way.
You see her name is Bola Makanjuola and she is a call girl, what we Nigerians would refer to as ‘runs girl’. But her story is not that of some young girl from a financially challenged family, no, hers is a reverse.
‘Have this baby…we should do this again some other time’ he smiled and she thought him ugly just like the others she had business with. They were mostly rich millionaires in their middle ages while a few were young business men but they all craved for one thing and she did give them but not without cost…
She quickly placed the Dollar notes into her Gucci purse and walked out of the door praying for the guilt to wear off. She knew deep down the consequences of such a reckless life but what else could she do? She had no one ….okay…she had someone who had turned out to be her greatest night mare…Her father.
She smiled at the hotel receptionist as she stopped to read a post…an advert for a singing competition ‘Golden Voices’…a call out for talents from all parts of Nigeria ….with fair rewards for the winners.
‘god I love this’ she whispered….then she remembered his voice…the man that haunted her since she was a child…a voice that followed her like a shadow even to her world of dreams. ‘You will never amount to anything’ his voice echoed…she swallowed deeply…maybe it was time for her to chase her dreams…to come out of her shell and show the world what she had inside.
‘Do you like that?’ the receptionist asked politely, she nodded in response…
‘Come over here and get a form it’s free’ she handed Bola the form and gave her more detailed information on the competition.
Well she had to make good use of her time while waiting for the strike to be over… ‘sometimes I wished I had more cash…I would school overseas’ her friends usually complained but she only smiled at the irony of her life.
She was going for this competition and no one was going to stop her….
She felt her iphone8 vibrate against her other phones… she smiled at the phone knowing it meant business was up….
‘Rosemary how are you doing? Anything for your girl’?
‘Babes….there’s this guy you should meet…he is a serious hottie…and very rich…make sure you handle him well….i gave him your number…remember to send my tax as usual’.
She waved her naughty friend off…Rosemary was the only one that understood her well… she was more than a sister …far too precious than her evil father who had ruined her life totally but she promised never to let go of her dreams.

6 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/songs_of_lovea_song_for_bola/12084#.V9dlkx1U5WI.whatsapp

download the full book here

A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO- EPISODE 2
Her mother died of breast cancer when she was only six years old but she heard it different as she got mature. Her late grandmother who never liked her mother always told her the death was caused by ‘edun ara’. She was told of how her mother had cheated on her dad countless of times with different men sometimes with the drivers.
But she couldn’t think of her mother in that light …her mother was the love of her life…her angel. She remembered the days she would run home without her shoes and her mother would scold her and ask her to do some chores….and she hated chores.
Sundays were usually the best days of her life….her dad was mostly away …. So it was just both of them…her mom would bake biscuits and braid her hair while they waited for the oven to brown the biscuits. She closed her eyes as more memories came back….
Then slowly…she started fading like sunlight at twilight….her skin became dry and pale…then her breast started to swell but she didn’t understand any of it…she only understood her mother would get better and their rosy life would continue. The doctors kept coming …each leaving with a hopeless frown…then it happened and the whole world came crashing on her….
Her dad abandoned her totally and clung to his new wife…a jezebel in reality…she wasn’t maltreated…not really…. But the woman was cold towards her and made her feel inferior to her half siblings. She had been one of the brightest students back in the days…but she didn’t understand tragedy perfectly and how it worked…
The only solution to sorrow was healing but she couldn’t be healed…she always saw the face of the woman anytime she was about to read…thoughts of her lovely mother would run through her mind…and slowly she fell to the bottom and became the dunce of her class.
This made her step mother rejoice greatly….her father would unleash his uncontrollable temper on her…calling her names and how she was going to be wayward like her mother…..he had refused her mother’s relatives from paying her visits or even taking her with them……
During one of his outbursts he threatened not funding her tertiary education and she felt it to the bone marrow…she had endured enough over the years…the snake he married had replaced all her mother’s pictures with hers and her children in the sitting room… she didn’t wait for him to complete his rants than she had packed her things and stormed out of the house….
‘If you leave that gate…I will no longer call you my child’ he thundered angrily but she turned back and looked him in the eye…uknown to him her mother had left her lots of money with her Aunt Rebecca who’d transferred everything now she was old enough to manage her life. ‘I don’t plan on coming back’ she screamed back at him and for a moment she spotted fear in his eyes but he was too proud to beg….
She stepped out of her sporty car and walked in confidently into her apartment…feeling more happy than ever…she was going to be a star…she would sing her heart out….she was now a free woman.

5 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/songs_of_lovea_song_for_bola/12084#.V9dlkx1U5WI.whatsapp

follow the link and download the full book

A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO –EPISODE 3
Now to answer your question….
Bola had made up her mind never to beg her father for anything… and he kept to his word…he never called her for once or cared about her well being. She didn’t care either…she could never forgive him for his horrid behavior towards her and her mother’s memory…
She had no skills…to find herself a job so she could save more. But she was too smart …her beauty increased each day and men had no sooner started flocking around her like bees to a hive. She became an expert in manipulating their pockets and she prospered.
Her mother died not only of cancer but heartbreak….on several occasions she heard her weeping by herself …her husband hadn’t treated her well. She watched as her shoulders shook each lonely night and she’d vowed never to give any man her heart. A man was only good for his pocket and the product of his loins..his heart was out of the question.
It was another of such days where she was going to make more money….the client had called her earlier…he wasn’t much of a talker and she liked it…such a man knew what exactly what he wanted …her body. She never felt comfortable around talkers …they made her remember her noisy home.
She pushed the mini higher exposing clear brown skin…and straight legs that were balanced on the Louboutins she wore…
She was a sight to behold as she stepped into the club….a tall and shapely girl…her flat stomach caused her average bust to stand out and her narrow hips clamped tightly to the mini… she showed her cleavage shamelessly. Her heart shaped face was so smooth and glowed in the darkness of the club…her eyes were as clear and seducing like a rushing river and her lush lips well colored in red ink…called out her prey…
She paused as he called her to the corner of the club….she felt it as usual…all eyes were transfixed on her…she knew this…since her childhood she had been told numerous times that she was beautiful…
‘Hello’ she greeted the young man who looked quite funny…not that she cared…she was after his money not his looks…she had no business with that…
Settling down she waited for him to speak up but he was silent as if waiting for a signal…
‘Okay….walk over there…my boss has been waiting for you…he was attending to someone’…she looked over and felt glued to her sit…suddenly all her boldness fled and her legs felt soft like butter….their eyes met but he looked away quickly….
He was the most striking man she’d seen so far….
‘Good evening’ she managed timidly obviously smitten by the cuteness…Rosemary was absolutely right! She thought….the guy was an Adonis.
She almost repeated herself because he hadn’t replied…he was fiddling with his phone which made her feel a bit annoyed….why was she even annoyed? Afterall she hated talkers…
He waved to the funny looking guy who brought out a bag…she quickly opened it and found Pound notes….he simply stared at her and nodded to the other man who scurried off like a rabbit…
‘Let’s get to business’ …he said it so gently and it almost sounded like an order…
Suddenly she felt sick…for the first time she felt like an object about to be used…he didn’t even respond to her greeting or say a word to her…
Who did he think he was anyway? But it was too late…he closed the door behind her ….
She sat on the bed not knowing what to do…for the first time she felt out of place…he didn’t even glance a second at her…he kept making phone calls and the last one made him curious. He smiled and rolled his eyes to whoever was on the other end… she envied the person…who brought smiles to such an aloof man…
Then he ended the call and stared straight at her…but she looked away quickly….this was going to be difficult…his eyes bore through her and made her think things she had no business imagining…
‘You eavesdropped’ he spoke again with that commanding tone….wow what an attitude…the guy was so full of himself…
She felt numb… what was she supposed to say…but before she could reply…he walked towards her and bruised her mouth with his….

3 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2016

A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO –EPISODE 4
He pushed her away the minute they were done and she felt cheaper… ‘what was that for’? she asked feeling a little bit hurt…no man had ever made her feel so irrelevant…
‘was what for’? he replied not caring to find out as he strode lazily to the bathroom….he knew girls like her….they were money hungry and only followed guys for money not love. This one was no different …he could see desperation in her eyes…
Bola lay on the bed and sulked for the first time in a very long while….why was the guy affecting her? He wasn’t wrong in what he did…he virtually paid to use her and he was done…she felt trapped in a sea of emotions….anger, hate, shame and tinge of jealousy as a flicker of light brought her closer to his phone….
She was beautiful no doubt …her friends had nicknamed her the ‘golden bee’ … ‘Bola’ had been shortened to ‘Bee’… but staring at the face of the lady that graced his phone made her sick…
She was so beautiful with eyes that had different mixtures of brown… ‘cat eyes’ and dimples one should die for…the lightskinned beauty was a magnificent sight to behold. Bola got curious and decided to check his messages…you know ..just curious..
Her her melted again when she saw the name ‘love of my life’ beside the picture of the pretty lady…she felt envious…he really loved her from what she could observe…and she was suddenly interested in knowing him more….but she froze as he cleared his throat behind her…
‘So because I screwed you…you feel you can snoop round my things huh’? he didn’t look angry but his voice contained irritation….
She felt foolish as he walked closer….the sheets fell of her body and increased her humiliation….he ignored the scene and picked his phone…
Bola felt glued to the bed…why was he acting that way? Like she was a piece of trash…then she braced up herself…no man was ever going to disrespect her….
‘You’ re so full of yourself….why are you so rude’? she spoke angrily as more words poured out…but he kept playing with his phone and she didn’t observe the camera was directed at her…
He smiled mischievously and gave her one look…. ‘and you are so full of my money’…
She paused as he closed the door behind …she had never been so humiliated in her whole life…then suddenly the idea came to her…. She had to return his money…that’s why he spoke to her that way….
Quickly she got into her dress and packed her stuff…. Then she felt something hard under the sheets…curiously she unveiled the shiny box ….
I don’t know what you know about jewelry….but this necklace was definitely worth half a million dollars….Prince Rudeness had forgotten it….then her heart clenched…he definitely bought it for the pretty lady…
She loved necklaces….this was the most exotic she’d come across…she quickly closed her eyes and fastened it to her neck….
‘Should I keep it or keep it not’? she chanted to the mirror…then she shook her head….she was a call girl and many things but not a thief…
She had to find a way and return his necklace and his money …to regain her Honor….

2 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CaraJewel(f): 12:06am On Jul 12, 2016
Am loving and following dis one...tho i didnt follow the photographer i read around the end parts and still understood...ionno if i should get ur in love wid her pastor2
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 1:49am On Jul 12, 2016
CaraJewel:
Am loving and following dis one...tho i didnt follow the photographer i read around the end parts and still understood...ionno if i should get ur in love wid her pastor2
keep following dear...
you should get "in love wif her pastor2' o...it's hot...sorry I didn't complete it here...
To Buy from Okadabooks.com, follow the following procedures:
Download the okadabooks reading app from google play
Go to ‘refill account’
Refill with the options given
Refill slightly higher than the price of the book
Because VAT applies
Download the book
Read and drop your comment in the ‘review box’.
For more enquiries visit aishayasmina©yahoo.com.
The following books are available for downloads
-In love with her pastor by Rose Akpabio 1&2
- Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio
- Emediong by Rose Akpabio.
Happy reading!

1 Like

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Micodee25(m): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hope u will complete dis one cause dis my fone cnt open dat okadabooks reader.

1 Like

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
Micodee25:
Hope u will complete dis one cause dis my fone cnt open dat okadabooks reader.
definitely... if I wanted selling it...would've indicated from d beginning
so enjoy! n follow!

2 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO -5
‘Baby’ he called out as he walked into his luxurious apartment… his personal assistant (P.A) Ismail followed closely…. His boss was in love with one of the most beautiful women he had ever laid eyes on…as a half blooded Fulani…he had seen very beautiful women amongst his mother’s people but Carol Edoho was nothing compared to them. He knew his boss inside out….Vega Oluwatosin was deeply in love although he played around…like other men but Carol was his all…
‘Boss…I can’t find the case from the Jewellers..’ Ismail searched a third time…. He couldn’t misplace that piece..it was very expensive…and Vega would be very upset with him….
‘what do you mean’? he asked searching Ismail’s face obviously confused…then he closed his eyes and banged the wall…
‘Boss are you okay’? wondering what had pissed him off so suddenly….
‘I made a horrible mistake…I must have left it at the hotel room and that girl is definitely gonna take it…I know her type…call me Rosemary’ then he paused and stared as his confused P.A.
‘ I placed it in my pocket when I left for the hotel room’… he sighed….well it was a lot of money and he could easily replace it…but he hated disappointing Carol….she meant so much to him…
‘Sir…are you sure calling Rosemary is a good idea’? he was quite sure at least he felt the Bola girl wasn’t a thief…
‘She deserves to know about the girl she pimped to me….’ He wasn’t surprised at all …most call girls had light fingers….
‘Sir let’s not jump into conclusion…I will speak to her myself’ he was experienced …and he knew a thief when he saw one…
Just as they were arguing…. Her hearty laughter filled the room…. ‘Vega dear…you are back….am so happy missed you…’
He hugged her happily and they stayed that way for minutes….Ismail got this as a cue to disappear….
‘How was Turkey’? she was referring to his company over there….
‘Very okay….am sorry I didn’t get you the necklace dear….but guess where am taking you to ?’ he teased…
She frowned a bit….and rolled her eyes wondering what he was about to do next….
‘Palmer’s Beach’ he kissed her forehead….
She screamed and hugged him tight…. ‘baby I can’t wait ….i love you so much’…
Bola hadn’t been so depressed since the last fight with her father…. She lay on her couch and observed the necklace closely…. She hadn’t asked for this kind of life …but fate was cruel and she had to survive…
The necklace shone brightly under the blue chandelier…. He was so handsome… and she was drawn to him the first time their eyes met but he had been very rude…she was going to return his cash and the necklace….
‘Hello’… she answered, the number wasn’t stored in her phone…
‘Am calling to find out about my boss’ necklace....you were the lady in the hotel room… have you seen it’?
She chuckled softly as she remembered the face of the funny looking guy…Ismail…
‘Where can I find you’ she asked…. More determined than ever to regain her pride….
‘Come to Palmer’s Beach by 4 p.m’….

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO- EPISODE 6
Vega squeezed her hands as he stared into her beautiful eyes…listening to her stories ….he was such a lucky man to have Carol for a lover.
‘So the other day, I went to Ene’s place and she gave me this form’ she showed him the form of the Golden voices competition….and continued excitedly …
‘Darling I need this real bad…it could help my musical career …you know…I want you to support me’
Vega laughed…. He always supported her ….she was his queen and his songbird… ‘but Honey you should be ready to handle critics because you will be placing yourself on the spotlight…
She nodded confidently….she knew she had a great voice….a rare blend of course and with the right choice of songs she was going to win…
‘so when does it start’? he winked at her….teasing her gave him much pleasure….
Rolling her sparkling eyes….she quickly flung her hair backwards…. ‘nextweek’..feeling like some diva queen.
Vega wished he hadn’t listened to Ismail….he would’ve retrieved his golden necklace from the girl at the hotel…. He shook his head and wondered what drove girls to that extent of money lust…
For no reason at all….she felt very excited as she wore more red on her lips accentuating their plumpness….she was going to see him again…she didn’t understand her happiness because the guy hadn’t been overly nice to her…
Still, she was thrilled….she couldn’t wait to see the look on his face as she returned his money and necklace….he was so wrong about her….she wasn’t a gold digger but a survivor and he had judged her with so much cruelty…without knowing her story….
This was all crazy she thought….why was she trying to prove her worth? Then her phone rang….
‘it’s 4 ….have been waiting’ Ismail spoke a bit harshly….she nodded on the other end…quickly grabbed her bag and drove out.
Like always all eyes turned as she walked into the resort…she had that effect on men….and she knew it…but the rude guy hadn’t reacted that way….
She had gone with the hope of thrashing him with her tongue….to prove that she wasn’t a desperado….but her heart paced faster as she stepped into the bar….
‘Hello there’ Ismail called and she walked over…but he wasn’t there….where could he be? Her hopes were dashed….
‘hello Ismail….where is your boss’? she took the seat beside him while he beckoned on the waiter…
‘let’s say he is busy…now let’s get to business…hand me the necklace’… she felt her heart sink with disappointment…she wished she could see him again….quickly she brought out the case and the money he had given to her and handed them to Ismail…
‘what’s the money for’ he eyed her suspiciously….
‘Your boss…I really wished I could see him….’ It sounded like a plea…was she desperate?
‘Well if you insist…he is over there’…quickly she looked towards the direction and met him staring at her….then he looked away and kissed the woman beside him passionately…
She felt cold all over….he had seen her walk through the door and he hadn’t cared to find out what brought her here….. and she looked again at the lady….the exact one on his phone….she was more beautiful in person…
‘Are you okay’? Ismail asked ….not understanding the strange behavior of the lady…why would she return the money?....
Her eyes moistened….she felt sad for some reason….why did he act like she was a piece of rag? Again she told herself she was overreacting….her limbs felt glued to the chair….she didn’t have the confidence to walk up to him….
‘Okay…that would be all’ she greeted Ismail and walked away quickly….she was such a big fool she thought as she drove away.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Chummypinky(f): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
wow wow wow....ur stories are always interestin....u re a star nice work i love it....................
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Chummypinky:
wow wow wow....ur stories are always interestin....u re a star nice work i love it....................
thnk u dear
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CuteChiluv: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2016
I dey your front,
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by boldndbeautiful(f): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2016
wow angelsss, u r simply wonderful, following u lyk neva bf. pls come nd feed me oh, lol grin
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 11:09am On Jul 14, 2016
CuteChiluv:
I dey your front,
dear I missed u...I was about mentioning u here...tot u don forget me o
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2016
boldndbeautiful:
wow angelsss, u r simply wonderful, following u lyk neva bf. pls come nd feed me oh, lol grin
lol I will definitely feed u...thanks a lot Boldnbeautiful ....you always inspire me
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CuteChiluv: 11:26am On Jul 14, 2016
Angelsss:

dear I missed u...I was about mentioning u here...tot u don forget me o
its you that forget me na,,'i am forming vex' sha, you dont mention me, na me the find you, itsarrite your a celeb,,, am enjoying the story already.. Grace to finish dear

1 Like

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO-7
Carol wasn’t a fool she had followed the direction of his gaze and was a bit disturbed by what she’d seen in his eyes…. Vega had cheated on her severally and thought he’d covered his tracks….. but she didn’t mind… he was one of the richest young bachelors in the country and she was quite lucky to have him…
She loved him deeply and hoped to carry his kids too…
‘Do you know her’? she was referring to Bola….the lady that had caused quite a stir in the bar as she walked in…
He quickly averted his eyes and whispered ‘no’….it was all the evidence she needed…Vega definitely had something to do with the lady….
But it wasn’t his first time….she had spied on him on many occasions and confronted him a few times but he was unrepentant ….so she had just let go of that aspect…but seeing the lady and the way he looked at her made her jealous….why would he even stare at another that way?
She knew she was extremely beautiful….but for the first time in her entire life…she felt challenged by the brown skinned girl…
She was tall and slender for one….and her lips were very sensous…her legs were elegant and she knew how to dress and kill….
For the first time …she had a rival….she was definitely going to get some information from Ismail…
‘Darling you looked worried….have I said something wrong’? she observed Vega for a while… he wasn’t concentrating ….
‘Am fine it’s just stress at work’ ….lies…he knew how to tell them…he was furious with the girl that almost caused a scene…. Thank heavens she hadn’t come close to where he sat…what had she been looking for?
He hated her more….girls like her never created or gathered or built a man….given the chance…they destroyed him and he was going to teach her a lesson….
She drove a bit fast ignoring all traffic rules….she was going crazy…she didn’t understand herself any longer….why did she feel that way? When she had vowed never to give her heart to a man after her mother’s betrayal by her father….
He was there with his lover…. He kissed her immediately his eyes met with hers and she had seen the mocking glint in them…
Why was she taking it personal? Maybe he was naturally aloof….
She picked up her phone and read the message excitedly….she had to prepare for the auditions….
‘Rosemary dear….you have to accompany me for the auditions ….am feeling nervous ‘ she giggled excitedly …Rosemary had become the only family she had….

2 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO -8
Ismail explained carefully to his boss about what had transpired between himself and Bola as gently as possible as Vega was already fuming…
‘she almost ruined my date with Carol….am even being suspected..knowing Carol very well she’s going to investigate’
‘Am sorry boss but that was the only was she could return the necklace…am sorry it had to be in the same venue as your Date….she also said I should give you this’… he handed over the money…
Vega was confused…. ‘why would she return it’? her type loved money more than any other thing in the world….daughters of greed… he called them…
‘I was about asking you that sir…she wanted seeing you but you were busy’….
Vega didn’t understand her at all…what was she trying to do? Prove she was different from the rest of the girls he’d slept with? That she didn’t do this for money?
‘She is a bigger fool than I thought…Ismail hand me her number….i think I have figured out her game’….
Ismail never understood his boss at times….what game was he talking about?
she rehearsed about thirteen songs for the audition….standing by the mirror each time she opened her mouth to sing ….but it was quite confusing….she dressed up quickly while waiting for her friend Rosemary to pick her…
‘Babes how you doing….hope you are ready’? Rose eyed her friend closely to be sure she was well dressed for the audition…
‘Have this’ she applied more lipstick to Bola’s lips…
Bola held her hand to stop her from applying more… ‘easy babes….you know it’s my first time on tv. I wanna look decent o’ Bola wiped her lips off completely not wanting to have any semblance to an overripe tomato….
They quickly got into the car and headed straight to Sunshine Hall…where most parts of the competition would take place….
‘So what song shall you sing’ Rosemary teased….praying her friend got successful…
‘truthfully ..i have no idea…so many songs keep popping into my head….from Beyonce to Rihanna, Whitney, Britney, Tiwa and many others’… she really wished she wasn’t so indecisive.
‘You know what…take a deep breath and close your eyes….think of a song that brings a smile to your face….that gives you hope for a brighter day…and that’s all’… she encouraged …
Bola was surprised at her friend’s advice…. ‘I never knew you could pass for a motivational speaker…girl that was hot’ and they both laughed….
‘But seriously…you should try it…and by the way…how was your runs with Vega’? she paused as she noticed the sad expression her friend wore….
Quickly she slowed down and cleared …. ‘did he hurt you?’ wondering what had happened….
But Bola looked away…. She couldn’t talk about it…she was feeling funny…thinking about him most of the time …she hadn’t bargained for this….
‘Talk to me Bee…what is it? Did Vega do anything against your consent’?
‘No am fine…it’s just that he treated me poorly like some cheap prostitute…I even had to return his money….’ She fiddled her fingers as she explained….yes Vega that was his name…had objectified her…but she couldn’t stop thinking about him…in a way she had never thought of any man….
Rose was silent for a while… she had never seen her friend in this mood before….who did Vega think he was? To make her friend have such a poor self image…. ‘am going to deal with him….just concentrate on your audition’….
‘No…Rose let him be…. .. afterall he had paid for the service…’
She was more stunned than ever…Bola wasn’t the forgiving type… she virtually disowned her own father…. And here she was pleading the cause of Vega…. She hoped she was imagining it….because the girl sitting beside her…..was already tripping for a guy who cared less about her existence….
‘So tell me more about him.’? She asked immediately as euphoria creeped up her spine….
‘what for? Let’s focus on getting you into this competition’….
With that said…the topic was dropped and they rode silently till they came to the place… it wasn’t a child’s joke…hundreds of young men and women sprawled across the whole arena….
Bola felt her stomach rumble from anxiety….the crowd was something else….
‘let’s get you a number’ Rose called and she followed suit….
Then her phone rang….she picked quickly trying to distract herself from whoever was calling….
‘Hello’ the seductive drawl of the strangely familiar voice called ….
‘who am I speaking with’? she rolled her eyes while waiting under a shade for Rose’s return…
‘it’s Vega Oluwatosin…the guy from the other day….am sorry for the way I treated you… I don’t know what came over me… please let’s have a date….and I have a confession to make… I have been thinking about you lately and I don’t know if you feel the same way….’
This was too good to be true…she felt like dancing azonto, ‘Vega seriously…no problem would call you when am less busy’ she replied excitedly….
Vega was her goodluck charm…he had just been the right motivation she needed ….
Rose returned with the number and met her friend all smiles….. ‘what happened to you’? wondering the sudden change of mood….
‘Vega happened’ she almost screamed it…. Yes! Vega was the reason she was going to sing this song….. ‘All of You’ by John Legend…
Am sure most of you know this song…let’s wish her goodluck….
He smiled mischievously as he dropped the phone…. He was going to play the game … wholeheartedly…. He stared at the picture of her semi nude form and chuckled softly…
‘Baby…am going to be late for the audition…. I can’t seem to find my phone…maybe I should use yours’ ….
‘Am sorry Carol am quite busy with mine….just take your time or you could check that on our return’…….
She felt bad whenever she was turned down…this time she was curious …he was hiding something and she was going to get it….

1 Like

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO-9
‘It’s your turn…remember what I told you ….take a deep breath’ her friend encouraged as she gingerly walked into the hall…
There were three judges….two men and a lady…. And they were all celebrities…she felt awed as she stood on stage…
Miss Mo….a trained dancer, Brianna a popular Rnb singer and Qadri… Nigeria’s most talented artiste…
‘So tell us a little about yourself’ Miss Mo was the first to speak…. She was nervous at first but the smile of this gorgeous lady put her at ease… from what she’d learnt from previous contestants…Brianna was the most difficult to please…
‘Am Bola Makanjuola a.k.a ‘Bee baby’ a Student of the University of Benin...am 24 years old and am here to sing’ she smiled confidently….
‘and what song would that be’? Brianna asked a bit unconcerned….as she flipped through some files…
‘All of you by John Legend’… she was a bit shaken by the woman’s harsh attitude…meanwhile Qadri had been silent all this while…
She took a deep breath and unleashed the light inside of her….then she remembered his voice again….the man that hurt her mother and never treated her like his own screaming… ‘you will never amount to anything’…..
But it was too late…she had missed a note…..then gently adjusted and glided with the melody…
Qadri was the first to clap and Miss Mo joined…. She felt awed and prayed she got picked…Brianna was indifferent… she just stared blank at the girl who she had come to abhor in the few minutes they had just met….there was something about her….like they had met before….
‘That was such a beautiful performance darling…I love your voice but be careful nextime…you almost flattened the song….am going to say ‘yes’ …come back for this competition’ Qadri smiled as he handed her a card as a symbol of her acceptance…
‘You have a golden voice….this competition is meant for people like you and you are very pretty…would love to hear you next time Bola’ Miss Mo clapped excitedly…
‘that was such a wrong song for your kind of voice….you disappointed me and John Legend….but I believe there is room for improvement ….i want to see you do better… ‘yes’ Brianna spoke sternly…all frowns and no smile…
Bola smiled happily as she walked away…but something kept tugging at her fragile heart…. Brianna was so harsh…the rumors were true….but it’s like Brianna hated her for personal reasons….she couldn’t understand why….
‘Bee…how was it….’ Rose was all over her friend…waiting to hear details of her performance but Bola was too excited to reply…she just hugged her friend and tears of joy flowed down her chin….
‘it was perfect….thank you for coming…next up …twenty of us would be selected…then down to ten and the top 5…you really need to pray for me’…. She hadn’t been this happy in a long time….but the audition wasn’t the only reason for her happiness… she had a date with Vega later….
Carol waited angrily while others kept going in and out with long faces….. she came here to win and that was all she would do…
Her boyfriend had been acting weird…he was upto something mischievous and she was going to find out…she hated being played …
She adjusted her hairband and smacked her lips as she strode into the hall confidently…
The judges were first of all captivated by her beauty then quickly remembered it wasn’t a beauty pageant….
Brianna was the first to speak obviously taken to this beauty on stage….it was rare for her to admire someone but she felt a star when she saw one….
‘What’s your name and where’re you from’? she smiled at Carol….leaving the other judges astonished knowing her high and mighty attitude…
‘Am Carol Edoho from Cross River state but I stay here in Lagos…. Am here to sing ‘Hello’ by Adele’…
The judges settled ….relaxing on the foamy chair…this beauty had it in her…. And if care wasn’t taken she was going to be the ‘Golden voice’ of the year…
For moments Carol thought she had messed up the song because none of the judges made any comment after she dropped the mic…
‘I must say Carol…am awed….you are the best we’ve seen so far…and am sure you have what it takes to win this’ Brianna spoke with faith… if she wasn’t on television….she would’ve cried as the song was so touching….
‘Thank you judges’ Carol smiled obviously excited…. And for the harsh Brianna to give her such praises…it meant the world was going to bow at her feet someday…
She couldn’t wait to share this piece of news with Vega ….he had always supported her from day one and she knew he was going to do everything possible for her to win…
But his number wasn’t going through….. where could he be?
‘Boss I wish you’d let me in …what exactly are you planning’ Ismail asked as they waited for the girl to arrive…
Vega ignored him and continued typing on his phone…he was going to deal with her… he could read her type even when his eyes were closed…
Such girls were only after a man’s pocket and nothing more…..foolishly she had fallen for his bait and he would reduce her to nothing…
‘She is here Boss….’ Ismail trailed off as Bola walked closer….
She was beautiful… well his boss’ girlfriend was more beautiful but Bola was a jewel who glowed in the darkest of rooms …like this one that was dim….
‘Hello Darling’ Vega rose and pulled her into his arms… Ismail became more confused….what was going on? One minute he acted like he hated her…. And the next he hugged her…
‘I will be in the car…if you need me’ he spoke gently and gave them some space…
Vega felt amused by the excitement in her voice…. Her type could act extremely well… here she was acting like a girl in love but in reality she was after his bank account….
‘So sweetheart ….how was your day…what would you have’? he asked sweetly….
‘just a can of Smirnoff…am okay with that…am so happy to see you again…why did you treat me so harshly’? she asked….she couldn’t believe her luck…he felt the same way too… but she was too fast…what would happen to his girlfriend?
‘Am sorry love….since the first day I set my eyes on you… I have been unable to focus even in my relationship’ that part was true….
They spoke for more minutes before he kissed her….and she responded….
Her lips were unbelievably soft …. ‘let’s get a room’… he offered
She didn’t pause to think…where would this lead her? She couldn’t…Vega was all she needed in her life…although they hadn’t met for long but she felt it…he was her soulmate…..
Getting the room wasn’t a problem afterall he had taken time to ensure his plans came to motion….
She threw her hands happily around him as he laid her on the bed….
Few minutes passed as they both reached the clouds…it was the most ecstatic experience she ever had….she turned and kissed the man beside her but he quickly pushed her away….
‘what’s wrong’? she quickly asked….but he ignored and quickly got into his clothes leaving her dumfounded…
‘now to answer your question….take a look at this’… he showed her the picture on his phone….
‘oh my god…Vega what have I done to deserve this? She cried as she stared at the picture….she was halfnaked and looked terrible….
‘I know your game….you returned those things so I would see you in a different light….then I apologize and we get closer and you succeed in ruining my relationship with Carol…stay away from me…I love Carol too much to let a tramp like you into my life…if you don’t …I will release this photo to all social tabloids..i hope am clear’….he thundered and stormed out of the room…
She was so shocked ….he had just used her thoroughly and called her ‘ a tramp’….she was going to be sick….

2 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO- EPISODE 10
‘What was that for’ she called to his back…but it was too late he’d already disappeared and she was left alone to pick the pieces of her wounded pride…
What was she going to do? She had to let Rosemary in…without much thought she quickly dialed her bestie who was either busy or something because she wasn’t picking up…
She felt like dying, if only death could come…since the untimely demise of her lovely mother she had suffered greatly in the hands of men….first her father…who showed her genuine hatred then her step mother and her siblings…now the odds were against her… she knew she felt something for him the first time she laid her eyes….she thought he was the one …how foolish could she have been? Men never loved girls like her….they were just for amusement…but she had confessed her love for him and he treated her like a tramp….
‘I will never forgive you’ she sobbed as she quickly got into her clothes….he had hurt her deeply….she wasn’t even thinking about the semi nude picture he hid in his phone…but her pride…never had she been treated with such cruelty…all because she cared….
She made up her mind….changed her decision ..she wasn’t going to let Rose in on what had occurred…she just had to focus on winning the Golden Voice….and if she got lucky…she would leave Nigeria at once….she hated him so much but telling Rose….would only lead to one thing which she dreaded…..shedding of blood.
‘Take me home’ Vega ordered his driver while Ismail stared at his boss confusedly …. He was all smiles when he spotted Bola and all of a sudden he was gloomy…
‘What are you looking at’ he barked at Ismail…who quickly averted his gaze to the road….wondering what had transpired back there in the hotel to irritate Vega that much…
Vega felt his conscience hitting him hard…. But he ignored it…he saw the pain in her eyes and how she reacted to the humiliation he’d offered…. Could she be serious about loving him?... no…he knew her type far too well…they never made such a mistake of falling for a man…they were all interested in one thing…money…
He braced himself and smiled….staring at her picture again….sooner or later she would come back for revenge and he was going to use this as a weapon to silence her…
He missed his angel….the only woman that truly loved him….that truly cared…that stood by him when things where both rough and smooth…wondering how her audition went, he quickly dialed her number…he just couldn’t wait till they arrived home…
‘Hello darling’ Carol whispered gently into the phone….he had just woken her …but she didn’t mind..she was his baby and no other mattered to her…
‘it was awesome….next round you will follow me’ she nagged a bit about his indifferent attitude towards her musical career. Smiling as she gave him more gist… the judges had taken an instant liking to her…she wasn’t surprised…she had such effect on people most of the time….one for her rare physical outlook…you know how an average Nigerian resembles a mulatto…that was Carol Edoho….and she had a beautiful voice….she was quite sure of herself….she always won…she was going to win…
Dropping the phone…her face previously paled from sleep brightened with smiles….she wasn’t angry at Vega anymore…he had succeeded in averting her suspicions…for now she would focus on her man and her career and nothing else.
Coincidentally… her phone beeped and she almost screamed as she read the text…an audition to select the semi-finalists for the competition ….she was so eager for that opportunity to showcase her talent…just as she was about to drop her phone, her lovely friend called …
‘Ene baby…how you dey…your gal don enta d competition o’ ….
‘That’s not why am even calling…am so proud of you…I saw your pictures all over facebook and SongBET….you are a star o…meanwhile you shouldn’t relax…there is this girl people are talking about and I feel you should watch out for her…one … ‘Bee baby’ like that’…
She rolled her eyes at the other end…who the hell was ‘Bee baby’… nobody could stand up to her…she was sure about that… she wasn’t even interested as far as the bets were in her favor…she was definitely going to win….

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Happy Reading....see you on Monday!
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CuteChiluv: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Awwww, thanks angel,,,, enjoyed masef
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
CuteChiluv:
Awwww, thanks angel,,,, enjoyed masef
welcome dearie
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 2:17am On Jul 17, 2016
hello guys here's my latest short and sweet story...
#50 on okadabooks...hurry!

https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/valley_of_angels/11627#.V4dwMl6E7oM.whatsapp
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 1:21am On Jul 18, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO-11
Evelyn stared at the picture with all pigments of hatred boiling in her blood…minutes ago her sweet girl had run to her with the picture of the girl she despised so much…Bola Makanjuola. Yes, she despised the girl with everything in her…. Especially her wicked mother who had snatched her boyfriend away and later got married to him. But as fate would have it…her one time best friend now her worst enemy even in death was diagnosed with cancer and she saw that as her perfect opportunity to claim back her man.
‘Mummy…this is Bola…am so sure of it…she’s now made so much progress..just look at her on tv’ Fisayo fussed as she glared envily at her half sister who was everything she never was… Bola was more beautiful and more talented and was older than she was about five years….but there was something about her…something she herself was scared to admit…Bola was going to be a very great person…
Evelyn had manipulated her father into despising his own child…she had to…her mother had once stolen his love away and this time she was going to make sure he loved her children more than her. One of her greatest joy….was the day Bola packed out of the house….she was so sure that fool of a girl wouldn’t amount to anything and it came to pass…sooner or later they were informed by their neighbors of her wayward lifestyle but now she was on national television…she couldn’t allow it…Bola was just like her mother….her one time bestfriend….Alero…who stole the only thing that gave her joy and now her daughter was about doing the same thing. Bola was about stealing the spotlight that was meant for her daughter Fisayo who was also great in singing….
‘Fifi…how come you never heard about this competition when you are always on social media’? she frowned…from what she’d read from SONGBET site…the auditions had already taken place …but that wouldn’t hinder her plans for Fifi…
‘Mum am equally surprised…I never got wind of such information…but mum I have to get into this competition this year…no matter what it takes…you know it’s the biggest in Africa and has many sponsors’…she complained bitterly… to Evelyn…her mother who always knew the buttons to press…
‘That wouldn’t be a problem…just get ready…you are going to win this competition’…her mother reassured ….
‘What competition’ Dami strolled in wondering what his mischievous mother and sister were about…. His love for his mother had waned since his half sister left the house years ago and he knew his mother instigated it… he hated his father more…
‘Your sister has been chosen for the Golden Voice competition…she needs our support o’ his mother lied expertly…while watching her son’s reaction. For some reason, Damilola had become aloof and withdrawn…she ignored it at first blaming it on puberty and hormones but past his teenage years he still acted indifferent towards her and Fifi and it scared her a lot.
He wasn’t in good terms with his dad …he was caught severally smoking Indian hemp in his room and he was currently home because the university had placed him under suspension for participating in violent activities in school… she wished he would hearken to her voice but it seemed late as he began laughing as he saw the information on the tablet…
‘So mum….or should I call you Evelyn’ he winked at his mum who wasn’t smiling a bit…
‘Fifi your dullard of a daughter wants to sing all of a sudden…just because Bola is on this stage’ he pointed at the picture….while he struggled to keep his excitement in check…he loved his step sister and always saw her as his role model but his mother had prevented him from playing with her those days of childhood…
‘Well….if you must go…remember to carry me along because I want to see the tears on your face when you finally lose’ he mocked and his sister broke into sobs…
‘Fisayo the fish brain’ he mocked louder and quickly dodged his mother’s palms that headed towards his face….
‘Stay away from her you bloody ingrate’ Evelyn hissed angrily, wondering if Dami was really her son for the umpteenth time because he saw everything she had done or decisions that she’d taken as evil.
‘Don’t worry dear…you are going to be up for the next competition…I promise sweetheart’.
‘Babes I saw your missed calls….i was busy with Alhaji’ Rose rolled her eyes…that deal had fetched her enough money for her birthday shopping.
‘Am sorry I disturbed…I wanted asking if you would be free to accompany for the next audition’ Bola added weakly still trying to come in terms with what had happened to her earlier…
‘Sure…I guess that would be the semi-finals…I would always be there’ wondering why her friend was kind of sad…
She probed further ‘Bee are you okay? You don’t seem alright?’
Bola sighed wondering whether she should go back on her decision…she didn’t want Rose getting upset and doing something stupid…after the competition she would revisit the issue. For now she had to stay away from her shady deals…she was now a mini-celebrity as she smiled at her pictures on the internet. She had already received a thousand request from her fans which she would deal with later.
‘Am fine Rose…just keep me out of deals for now except when I really need it…am now in the eye of the paparazzi’…
‘No problem…I understand…sleep well..goodnight’…something was definitely wrong with her friend but she wasn’t sure…
The weight of loneliness crashed down on her once again…she had just one friend…no family and her mother was late….she cried into the pillows and slept off when she got tired of weeping.
Then she saw him again… he held her softly against his chest…they were seated on a beach…so colorful were the flowers that surrounded the whole water side…the lilies had never smelt so beautiful…the clear aquamarine sea waves danced proudly and everything felt so perfect.
He placed a flower in her hair and kissed her nose ‘I love you sweetheart’…she smiled and kissed him back.
‘Vega’ she groaned as she rolled across the bed…then the sunrays hit her hard…it was just a dream…a bad dream…why was she thinking of the man that humiliated her earlier? What was he doing in her dreams?
‘I hate him so much’ she whispered softly…but deep down she knew it was a weak lie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 1:22am On Jul 18, 2016
happy new week
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CaraJewel(f): 2:20am On Jul 18, 2016
Only one pson wey pple hate...most novels including international are always filled with hate and sadness esp to one pson carrying dat burden...den d last bit wil turn to happiness...i pray noone av pple dat carry hate for dem up and down..to d extent of murder...nice story angell
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:28am On Jul 19, 2016
CaraJewel:
Only one pson wey pple hate...most novels including international are always filled with hate and sadness esp to one pson carrying dat burden...den d last bit wil turn to happiness...i pray noone av pple dat carry hate for dem up and down..to d extent of murder...nice story angell
tnk u
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CuteChiluv: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Beautiful update, bola is in trouble oo, enemies from right left and center,
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2016

To Buy from Okadabooks.com, follow the following procedures:
Download the okadabooks reading app from google play
Go to ‘refill account’
Refill with the options given
Refill slightly higher than the price of the book
Because VAT applies
Download the book
Read and drop your comment in the ‘review box’.
For more enquiries visit aishayasmina©yahoo.com.
The following books are available for downloads
-In love with her pastor by Rose Akpabio 1&2
- Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio
- Emediong by Rose Akpabio.
Happy reading!

or you buy the PDF directly from me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Osaze20091: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2016
This is so Good....Thumb up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / The Club a story - #nlwriters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.