Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia (1231 Views)

5 Horrible Advice You Should Never Accept About Money / The Horrible State Of Ahia Ohuru Market In Aba, Abia State (Photos) / Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 8:06am On Jul 12, 2016
And so my memory card got damaged, I had to replace it, tho my tab was carrying 12GB internal storage, but it was getting filled up already, and only some megabytes was free, so I stormed Ajah market to buy a new memory card, as I got to a road side seller, we talked about the price and all, at last, we were able to come to agreement concerning the price, unfortunately, my battery was down, I couldn't test the memory card well before paying, so I trusted the man, and took the memory card home, on getting home, we had light issues, the light was not restored until night, that was when I was opportune to charge my tab, when I made sure the tab was full, I inserted my new 8gb memory card into it,lo and behold, the memory card was not even appearing on the tab, it doesn't even detect it, I felt sad because I lost probably above a thousand naira, T. P inclusive,I was staying at Okeira Nla, those who knows Okeira can testify to the goodness of God, how beautiful the road grin is during the rain, those Okada people will just decide to shoot the price because rain fell, can you imagine? Anyways, to get to the main road in Okeira Nla from my house, costed me N250, from Okeira Nla to Ajah is N100, so for me to return the memory card, I would probably spend like N700, that's just some hundred naira short of the memory card price, so I just decided to accept defeat and just throw the memory card away, as I have tried so many ways for it to work, but I failed.

Fast forward to a week back, I decided to order from jumia, since they are the "Online shop you can trust" grin , so I ordered for a new 8GB memory card, an OTG cable, and an analog game pad grin (make I enjoy gaming on my tab na), we'll, the order was confirmed, and they said it was going to take 2-7 days to deliver, so I waited patiently, 2 days past, no response, 3 days, no response, not even flashing sef grin , 4 days, still nothing, and finally, on the 5th day,they messaged me saying my items will be ready in 24 hours time, and they reminded me the amount I was to hold because I chose the POD option, the problem was, the next 24 hours will be a Sunday, so I have to cancel my schedule because I wanted to go pick my goods abi? Lol, well, I waited the 24 hours, which made it the 6th day and a Sunday, in the morning, I was woken by a text on my smaller phone, so I checked, and it was from jumia, they said my items will be ready between 10am-4pm on that day and that someone will call me and ask me to come, I had to cancel where I was going to that day, u know Lagos Na, if you want to go from the island to the mainland, you probably have to spend almost the whole day on the road, so I sacrificed my schedule for my pickup, I waited and waited and waited and waited for that someone to call, but no call came through, so I decided to call the number which was sent with the text, I was stunned when the man told me that they don't work on Sundays, Whattttttttttttt,i screamed, Naim una make me dey wait for una since, sotey I cancel where I Wan go? I was boiling, but managed to keep my cool, and it was late already, couldn't reactivate my schedule, so I just stayed at home, on Monday, which was yesterday, around 12pm,i was called by their agent to come and pick my item at their office in Akins, I went, and my items were there, finally¡¡¡¡ I thought,I checked out the pad which was still looking new in its pack, I checked the memory card and as I dey see am, E look like the one wey go work well, it's jumia after all, so I can trust them, I was disappointed with the pack of the otg cable, it was looking old and squeezed, as if say Na dash dem dash me , The man said he doesn't have leather, so he brought a tummy tummy noodles leather for me, I had no option than to use it, imagine shopping on jumia with a noodles leather, I picked up my items and left, mind you, I spent N250 on transportation, to Akins, so I went home, opened my items and first, decided to play the new PES2016 (PPSSPP) , I just Installed, to my utmost surprise, the OTG cable's mouth was this kind of olden days usb that was used on all these old tecno China phones, ah ah, in this present generation? Who still uses this type of usb point, I called the man many times, to complain, but he never picked, so I called the number in the confirmation sms for the otg cable, and the man said I should call the customer service, customer service wey you go call, your money go dey comot, mtcheeewwww, I called them anyway, I complained about the otg cable and they promised a refund of the money for the otg cable only, ah ah, what about the extra charge for delivery Na? So the money you charged me for delivery is gone? You think I too don't pay money to come and pickup these items? Anyways, they refused to include my delivery money inside my refund, so I lost about N200, my memory card is working anyways, I taught, because I inserted it into my tab, and I decided to move many of my files and music to the card, the move was successful, so I decided to play some music, when I entered my player, it could only detect the music on my phone storage, so I used my file manager to navigate to the folder I pasted the music I moved to the card, to my amazement, it was showing "Player Does Not Support This File Type" , my head Wan burst, over 400+ music's, showing the same thing, I tried moving them back to my phone, but the damage has been long done, the memory card succeeded in corrupting almost all my music's, and some important pdf files, and even my school invitation, I was supposed to print it out, I wanted to go study in England, so that explains the invite, I had to take it to the embassy, thank God it was sent via mail, so I can re-download it at anytime.
To cut the short story long, grin I want to say that, shopping on jumia is one he'll of a risk, I once bought a virus filled flash drive from them, I had to dump that flash till date, I also want to use this medium to express my dissatisfaction with jumia, they are digging their Graves by themselves, cos as for me, konga ti take over, jumia is history, what motivated me to create this thread was the jumia interns job whatever that I saw on fp, jumia, you have to sit up, your services are wack, slow delivery, slow processing, sub standard goods and all, now I can't even tet my game pad to see if it's alright, All I wanna say is, jumia, I am highly disappointed..

Pictures of the products below.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2016
What I ordered for vs what was delivered.

Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2016
The memory card I bought from jumia, lalasticlala abeg no vex, help me move this to the front page for people to see how crookish this people are.

Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Totino: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2016
Where's the picture??
Lalasticlala seun Dominique fynestboi mynd44,
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by benedictnsi(m): 8:16am On Jul 12, 2016
Yawns............
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Oliviaxx(f): 8:18am On Jul 12, 2016
Eh ya...pele o
Chisos!!! See space bookers! shocked angry
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Smellymouth: 8:19am On Jul 12, 2016
angry sad

Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Jephz(m): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2016
concerning the memory card and OTG thesame happened to me
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by IamLEGEND1: 8:21am On Jul 12, 2016
na who carry u go Jumia side?
Konga been killing the game since 18BC. na only for jumia u go order plaid shirt, dem go send u polo. Sai hakuri,but I guess it's lesson learnt now.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Stopped halfway...embarassed

In Summary, What happened?

Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Cutezt:
And so my memory card got damaged, I had to replace it, tho my tab was carrying 12GB internal storage, but it was getting filled up already, and only some megabytes was free, so I stormed Ajah market to buy a new memory card, as I got to a road side seller, we talked about the price and all, at last, we were able to come to agreement concerning the price, unfortunately, my battery was down, I couldn't test the memory card well before paying, so I trusted the man, and took the memory card home, on getting home, we had light issues, the light was not restored until night, that was when I was opportune to charge my tab, when I made sure the tab was full, I inserted my new 8gb memory card into it,lo and behold, the memory card was not even appearing on the tab, it doesn't even detect it, I felt sad because I lost probably above a thousand naira, T. P inclusive,I was staying at Okeira Nla, those who knows Okeira can testify to the goodness of God, how beautiful the road grin is during the rain, those Okada people will just decide to shoot the price because rain fell, can you imagine? Anyways, to get to the main road in Okeira Nla from my house, costed me N250, from Okeira Nla to Ajah is N100, so for me to return the memory card, I would probably spend like N700, that's just some hundred naira short of the memory card price, so I just decided to accept defeat and just throw the memory card away, as I have tried so many ways for it to work, but I failed.
Fast forward to a week back, I decided to order from jumia, since they are the "Online shop you can trust"

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2016
None of them is good.

Once bought a 16g flash drive from konga and it never worked.

I gave up on jumia when I saw their price tag on broom as 17,000!

A won werey angry
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
na who carry u go Jumia side?

Konga been killing the game since 18BC.
na only for jumia u go order plaid shirt, dem go send u polo.
Sai hakuri,but I guess it's lesson learnt now.
Walai baba, Sai Yanzu ne Na Gane Ai.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2016
Online shopping Nigeria na rubbish.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2016
Totino:
Where's the picture??
Attached
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 12, 2016
Sugarhugs:
Online shopping Nigeria na rubbish.

It depends on where you live.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 9:20am On Jul 12, 2016
Jephz:
concerning the memory card and OTG thesame happened to me
Brother, this people own too much, them refund you?
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Dezolo(f): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2016
grin to avoid a law suit from jumia.. I don't think the mods will move this to fp.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by ErnieSmallzz(f): 9:32am On Jul 12, 2016
undecided 2 long, somebody should summarise that Article 4 me
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Druss(m): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Jumia has gotten worse. I stopped using them when I ordered chairs and they came without instructions. The chairs are dead.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Cutezt(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Dezolo:
grin to avoid a law suit from jumia.. I don't think the mods will move this to fp.
Which law suit? So I shouldn't voice out my dissatisfaction with them again? Useless people, I just wasted money on them.
Re: My Horrible Experience, Shopping With Jumia by Jephz(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2016
Cutezt:
Brother, this people own too much, them refund you?
refund ke?.. noting o . the day I also bought bought a phone from them. .after 2days I discovered it has a factory problem.. I called them and they said they will come am collect d phone. the same thing happened they didn't show up

(1) (Reply)

Rip Tumininu Tummy's Collections / Strictly For Uber Drivers And Partners :(match Making Forum) / GTB Reduces Price Of Online Transfer Cost To #50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.