Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Amodu Blasts Kanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Blasts Kanu (5355 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Blasts Kanu by okeey(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2009
2010 World Cup: Amodu blasts Kanu, Ik Uche , says it’s not over yet - Apologises to Nigerians - Blames players’ poor attitude
By Olawale Olaniyan - 11.09.2009

A Nigerian fan demonstrates
patriotism during the Super
Eagles clash with Tunisia
in Abuja.EMBATTLED Super Eagles coach, Shaibu Amodu has hit out at Portsmouth striker, Kanu Nwankwo for failing to impose his presence as a leader of the team, during the 2010 World Cup qualifier against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia at the National stadium, Abuja last Sunday which ended in a 2-2 draw.

Speaking on brilafm, the former coach of BCC Lions stated that Kanu given his position in the team had a share of the blame.

“Kanu should have taken the responsibility and ensured that the game was okay but in football, you don’t apportion too much blames to the players," Amodu said disgustedly after the match which has him criticisms from the sporting press.

The Edo State-born tactician also expressed displeasure with the performance of Ikechukwu Uche in the game against Tunisia saying, the Getafe of Spain lad with four goals in the kitty failed to prove himself as a striker.

“In fact, our players disappointed us because it cannot be because Kanu did not come in in time, that is why we were so careless with the way we played and the way we conceded two goals,” said the former trainer of Orlando Pirates of South Africa.

HOWEVER, Nigeria Head Coach, Shaibu Amodu on Thursday apologised to Nigerians for Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Tunisia’s Carthage Eagles in a crucial 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Abuja and promised that the hope of qualifying for the Mundial is not over yet for the country.

“I want to use this opportunity to apologise to Nigerians as a whole, on behalf of myself, other members of the technical crew and the players. It was one match we expected to win to move to the top of the table, but through carelessness and poor attitude, we could not win.

“It was a bad result, no doubt. It was not the result that our teeming fans had expected, and it was certainly not the result that our leaders who had done everything to encourage us expected. We are saddened by what happened.

“At the end of the day, I will still blame poor attitude by the players. We did not show enough professionalism and experience in keeping advantage. That is very rather strange at this level of the game.”

www.nigeriatribune.com
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by tkb417(m): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2009
what does Amodu know about coaching?
is he better than me?

fool
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by WarfyBoy(m): 11:14am On Sep 11, 2009
Ike Uche plays for Real Zaragoza and not Gatafe, nigerian press should have known that by now

btw f.uk Amodu
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by 9ijaprince(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu or whatever he calls himself should bow down in shame and resign. Why blaming Kanu for his failure?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by mannygee: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
When an apprentice fails he starts to blame his tools, (Nairalanders Football Fans should please take it up from here) angry
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu is a doofus.

I thought the team played better the moment Kanu was introduced.

Dude should do himself a favour and just resign.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by boomlogics: 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
I don't know what's wrong with Nigerian coaches. They fail and refuse to resign until they are sacked

Amodu has failed what is he waiting for before he resign or is he waiting to be sacked before the get out of Nigeria football scene

He should just resign now or he will be disgraced later.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
We NIGERIANS deserve the rubbish that we get from such low level imbeciles as AMODU. Some people were even telling me that the man has not lost any match yet so he is ok. I am praying that MOZAMBIQUE and KENYA defeat us so that even NATIONS cup we will not go.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by tinymouse: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu!Amodu!!Amodu!!!

You mentioned that your boys are professionals, then we dont need a coach. please go
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Amokeola: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
Someone should help me out am new here wink
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by saadtafida: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
the man had problems in defense and he is blaming strikers, they scored two goals!!!!! how many does he need to win a match, he really isn't a coach if he cant even know his problems. he should get a life
well with such performance there is no need for embarrassment at the world stage, for-god sake the tunis were fasting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by saworoide: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu! Amodu!! Amodu!!! How many times did I call you? If you know what is good for you just face your job and collect your fat salary (which you are probably sharing with Taiwo Ogunjobi / Sani Lulu). We all know you are not competent to hold that exalted position of our national coach after your several fail tenures. Why blame other people for your ineptitude? Were you forced to use a player you don't believe in?

For some hypertensive Nigeria fans, your failure might just be their saving grace as you are bound to aggravate their condition if we miraculously qualify and your are still "in charge" at the world cup. Next time you'll blame the pith, referee and even CAF for putting us in that group of death that contains Africa superpowers like Mozambique and Kenya and the current world champion- Tunisia.

Amodu = Blockhead.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by FBS: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
A coach blaming a player and in public? For real
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by NobleOnye(f): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
tis like dese coaches fink being sackd is an honour, i too like oyinbo,resignation is d rite way for shuaibu grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Didier1: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu is an idiot! what kinda stupid coach that calls himself a tactician would start jumping up and down because his team has just scored a goal in the first half of a crucial must win world cup qualifier?? a proper coach suppose don get plans for any kind of situation but this bitch-ass dude dey happy as if game don finish for first half. And now the idiot has now come out to blame the players, if you cannot take control of a football team as a manager then please resign and stop wasting tax payers money.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by tkb417(m): 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
saadtafida:

the man had problems in defense and he is blaming strikers, they scored two goals!!!!! how many does he need to win a match, he really isn't a coach if he cant even know his problems. he should get a life
well with such performance there is no need for embarrassment at the world stage, for-god sake the tunis were fasting!!!!!!!!!!!!
if they were not fasting, na national disgrace for happen
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by matiltomd(f): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
okeey:

2010 World Cup: Amodu blasts Kanu, Ik Uche , says it’s not over yet - Apologises to Nigerians - Blames players’ poor attitude
By Olawale Olaniyan - 11.09.2009

A Nigerian fan demonstrates
patriotism during the Super
Eagles clash with Tunisia
in Abuja.EMBATTLED Super Eagles coach, Shaibu Amodu has hit out at Portsmouth striker, Kanu Nwankwo for failing to impose his presence as a leader of the team, during the 2010 World Cup qualifier against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia at the National stadium, Abuja last Sunday which ended in a 2-2 draw.

www.nigeriatribune.com

this man is a goat, after he failed to impose his own presence as a coach of the team, slowpoke,
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Johnnny(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
saworoide:

Next time you'll blame the pith, referee and even CAF for putting us in that group of death that contains Africa superpowers like Mozambique and Kenya and the current world champion- Tunisia.

Amodu = Blockhead.

@saworo
U dont aggreviate my own hypertension with too much laughter o   grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by lambalamb(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
U guyz are shouting over Ahmodu failure but unfortunately u dont know what is going on in Tunisia, dey cancel there fasting so dey could win yet dey draw. The only thing we know in Nigeria is CRITICS, may be one day one of u guyz we get dere, nd u will den know dat no be small tin at all!!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Roadblock: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
Mr Amodu, you just shot you self in the leg, and so you have successfully fried yourself.
Rule ! : As a leader, never ever pass the blame
Rule 2. Always take responsibility.
Rule 3:Admit you no sabi, when it appears so.

The truth of the matter is that We are not suprised at your complaints about people you claimed lacked good attitude towards the match, because you did this before we sacked you the last time and later you lobbied your way back.Who is supposed to instill discipline or right attitude towards anthing , is it not the teacher. (YOU).

Another truth is that we knew long  before now  that we are not going anywhere as long as you are the coach. I will prefer we even sit at home than go to the world cup and disgrace the whole nation.

Finally, no be you get the blame but those people that gave you the job for a certain percentage of your salary. It will have no other choice than to aks you to go when the whole nation starts asking for your head in a plate.
Learn from the pros bros, put down your pride and go to Oga Siasia for lessons at least for now before your next match that we are waiting for you to loose and the Axe you.

Hope you get to read this bros Amods.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by otukpo(f): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
So na Kanu wan carry the blame?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
Obviously Amodu is a useless coach but i want us to see the clear picture here.
Any country that is corrupt and has problems with its administration will always have problems. Nigeria as a whole has problems so we shoud not be surprised that it is affecting soccer. Ghana had problems in the past. They had a revolution and everything seems to be going right for them. There was a time when Ghana almost disappeared from competitive football. Check what happened as soon as the country started experiencing good democratic governance. Their football has been greatly influecned and improved as well.

Nigeria problem started after Atlanta 96. Our performance started declining but we failed to acknowledge it.
I wonder why people are surprised that Nigeria may not qualify for 2010.
We should not have been at the 2002 world cup. Remember, it was LIBERIA that made us qualify. Ghana beat them at home and thats why we qualified.
The decay continued and we did not qualify for 2006 so why are we surprised that we will not be in South AFRica?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by semid4lyfe(m): 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
Its not unusual for a coach to blame his players.

IMO, Nsofor, Kanu, Taiwo and Adeleye were collectively responsible for causing the second goal by the Tunisians.

For once, I think the players should take the flak for the 'defeat' and not the coach.

At this point, I think it'll be pertinent to mention that Tunisia is topping the group today not because of the 2 - 2 draw against Nigeria but becos of the away victory against Kenya.

If we had beaten Mozambique, we wouldn't be in this sorry position. We shouldn't take it for granted that we'll beat any team in Abuja. Away wins are equally as important.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by adeshsam(m): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu should resign his position as a coach.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by yjay(f): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
thank God i ddnt watch their yeye match, as if i knew this was how it wld end!!!!! the players are just not committed! as for the coach he shld just SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!! geez!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by newjay(m): 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
With the way those lads played against Tunisia, they wouldn't have performed any better even if they had a coaching combo of Mourinho, Hiddink, Ferguson and Capello. Our current eagles just don't have it. People seem to have forgotten how the Kenyans rubbished our defence before having the misfortune of conceding to Super Eagles. Let's be frank with ourselves, our team is not World Cup stuff. What we have are a bunch of sloppy, less than average players that have long been left behind in the ever developing artistry of football.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by saworoide: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
lamba lamb:

U guyz are shouting over Ahmodu failure but unfortunately u dont know what is going on in Tunisia, dey cancel there fasting so dey could win yet dey draw. The only thing we know in Nigeria is CRITICS, may be one day one of u guyz we get dere, nd u will den know dat no be small tin at all!!

Lamba lamb

I'm an accountant, that's why I did not apply for the position when it was vacant. will you pardon your mechanic if he fails to fix your car break very well just because you know say " no be small tin at all"

It is called responsibility. If it is only to put 11 players on the pitch and substitute 2 on the hour and another one on 78 minutes, then i think I'm also available for the job after they must have sacked Amodu.  Then i will turn around and blame you 'cos I know you'll understand it is not a small thing.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by RichDiddy(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu stil has the guts to talk and blame players? How pathetic. A coach so technically inept should not even as much utter a word. All he need do is the honourable thing, resign. If the FA now asks him to stay on, fine. But for the good of our football/sports, sack the guy and begin planning for 2014. Immediate goal of new coach should be how to get us to the finals of the nations cup in Angola. But knowing Nigerian administrators, Amodu will continue till the end of the qualifiers b4 he's sacked, then a new coach would now be brought in for the nations cup. NFF - bunch of rogues.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by matori(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
To be fair to Amoudu, I am very sure none of them will lose this kind of match in their clubs.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Roadblock: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
newjay:

With the way those lads played against Tunisia, they wouldn't have performed any better even if they had a coaching combo of Mourinho, Hiddink, Ferguson and Capello. Our current eagles just don't have it. People seem to have forgotten how the Kenyans rubbished our defence before having the misfortune of conceding to Super Eagles. Let's be frank with ourselves, our team is not World Cup stuff. What we have are a bunch of sloppy, less than average players that have long been left behind in the ever developing artistry of football.

Newjay, can you remeber the attiude at which these same boys played under Siasia. (of course without people like Mikel in the team) It is a coach thing . Let us even for the sake of agument agree that those boys can not play any better than they did, Is it my Job to look for people that can play better than those boys. Then you just conluded the matter. Amodu does not know his Job as a coach. Coaching is not only siiting on the bench, looking confused and making silly substitutions but also sourcing for the right players. And that  is what Siasia did to prove himeself apart from Sacrificing his own finance to get that done.

Summary: That bros no sabi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

eden hazard and theo walcott who is more handsome? / Yesterday Best Odds Winning Slips On Merry Bet / Give Me Benefit Of Doubt ....10 Odds Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.