Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment (44335 Views)

Forgery Trial : Ekweremadu Writes US Congress, EU Parliament, Others / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery Trial: Live Reports From Abuja (pics) / Saraki And Ekeweremadu's Forgery Trial Stalled In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by yahmohy27: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.[/b]

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.

God bless youuuuu sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Elsquidme(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
madness. give them nigeria for one day and see Nigeria crumble. na only to talk mak d mouth no rust. dullards
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by sekundosekundo: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Felincous:

Wen did u cme out?

Lekwa grammar.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by midolian(m): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
yahmohy27:
God bless youuuuu sir
Amen..and you too.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by tolujohnso: 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Melaye need not be afraid if his hands are clean.
Abi!
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Jobos(m): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buhari is sowing impunity in the polity. If he continues this way, The Senate should impeach him as soon as possible, Besides, I don't even know his use in that presidency, all he does if fight perceived and imaginary enemies - A very heartless and vindictive old man.

I don't understand a situation where he's always interfering in the matters of the legislature, is the legislative arm not suppose to be an independent entity?, I stand with Senate on this.

Instead of working on delivering his campaign promises, He's scheming on how to remove the Senate principal officers because they outsmarted his dull brain to attain those positions.

Only a fool and thief will see nothing wrong in all this animal act called outsmart in the senate.
Upon all the allegations levied against saraki and co, you can still talk of independent of legislature.

But independent of executive was not remebered when senate increase budget for them.
You will be worst than saraki.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by lagdmark(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Old habit is hard to die. Buhari is inefficient a famous failure both as military head of state and also as a civilian President
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by globe16: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
I will not be surprised if Buhari does not lead Nigeria to 2019. History always repeats itself

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by esonuu(m): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
I have an apple,i only need a delilah who will take it to one particular man for total consumption
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by abimic(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Ah!... I know. EFCC will come knocking at his door now, Since that's what the dullard uses to intimidate dissenting voices.
We will start seeing nonsense headlines on how billions of Naira/dollars were found in his bedroom. Shame on buhari.
So are u saying you're like Dino too who would threaten not even a man but a woman for holding a different political view, one she declared without any negative jibes thrown at anybody. Beat it dude, Dino antecedents don't put him in good spot and relegating himself to using negative words is only a sign of desperation showing one who has lost it totally. If he's aggrieved, let him face tinubu, the jagaban himself instead of his wife, if he won't be turned to crumb in the political landscape. He has chosen to carry another man's wahala on his own neck leaving his!

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by chidozieikeji2: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
The senators should stop all dis long stories and do the right thing nigerians are tired of this change enuf is enuf we can't continue to beg for bread while our oga at the top wear one million naira shoe and still tell us he is saving for us buhari should be impeached saraki should take note of that
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by brojoshua: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
House of corruption threatening the president. Corruption doing all things to remain immovable in Nigeria.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by chidozieikeji2: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
The senators should stop all dis long stories and do the right thing nigerians are tired of this change enuf is enuf we can't continue to beg for bread while our oga at the top wear one million naira shoe and still tell us he is saving for us buhari should be impeached saraki should take note of that nigeria have never experienced the kind of famine we are passing through right now WE ARE TIRED OF THIS CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Xeedorf: 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
The man Dino is a gigolo ...threatening to beat and impregnate Remi Tinumbu is an affront ...uncultured...pathetic....barbaric and a debase to the hallow chamber where he belongs I think is the right time his constituency call him to another before the rest of Nigerians would no longer entertain is uncivil behaviour rather he should have his brain examined and the be kept in asylum sanity

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kaboninc(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
saintdennis:

Too bad people arguing democracy u talking communalism.

Do u even know the meaning of proxy.

Winter is obviously coming in nigeria. Chaiii

Na wa oh
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kaboninc(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
ARIZONA123:
. That is a typical yoorooober reasoning

If Yorubas think that way then great!

But if you think otherwise then its a shame!
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by 2kris(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.

see this one after buhari have made life unbearable for the low class.kero 300 per liter.fuel 145 per liter.paralysed power supply.the price of food in the market have skyrocketed .and u are here defending the tyrant.......mumu continuo till u die for hungry....

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by chidozieikeji2: 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
Akious2k2:

Dat's d point, if u don't want EFCC 2 knock @ ur door, simply desist from looting... Shikena... U can't b looting & still b ranting @dsame same... U can't eat ur cake & have it
I also think the efcc should probe the source of the,shoe,our madams wrist watch,2 jeeps from dasuki and some dollars from d same dasuki also the efcc should investigate the halliburton scandal and den arrest that woman we saw her passport lol GOVT OF DECEIT BY LIERS AND FOR LOOTING

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by clickwtB(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Though its good to forgive verbal assault as Allah swt loves those who forgive but if Dino mildly pinches/dare to physically attack Oluremi Tinubu!!!......The reaction is left better imagined/unsaid.
Impeachment attempters are threading a viciously dangerous line and will regret the day they ever thought of such idea/action.Nobody is ABOVE THE LAW!!!FORGERY CASE MUST GO ON.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by tunderay(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
dunkem21:

He snubbed them, simple. The representative even said the AGF is not answerable to the Senate.

Did Ekweremadu send a representative to Court?
is Senate a court? Ekweremadu is facing a criminal charge, Malami is not. Got it?

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
A sitting president have never been impeached before, I wait to see them achieve this feat even if its the only thing they will do for the rest of their tenure...Toothless bulldogs!
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Go scream "sai baba" for our plummeting economy about to go into recession.

For Fulani herdsmen murdering people all over the place.

For loss of jobs, and Skyrocketing inflation.

Sai baba
every regime has got its own issues, Buhari will not be the first president with some lapses. Im actually satisfied with the level at which civil servants are being curbed. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
VenusBetty:
every regime has got its own issues, Buhari will not be the first president with some lapses. Im actually satisfied with the level at which civil servants are being curbed. Thank you
Why don't he curb his ministers?.. Why don't he curb his corrupt wife and his corrupt chief of Army staff?... Nigerians are now selling their properties and stealing food to eat. And you're talking of "curbing". Curb my foot.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Ndolarr: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
I dare Dino to as much as touch the helm of Mrs Tinubu's garment! He will live to ever regret his stupid imbecilic action! And to think that women in the Senate such as Mrs Olujinmi from Ekiti cannot rise in solidarity with one of their own under physical threat from Dino speaks volumes of their thuggish nature. In fact, Olujinmi's bill on equal rights for women is meaningless and deceptive. I wonder what Nigerians are waiting for not to have marched on the National Assembly and sack the useless looters claiming to represent the people. Very unserious overfed adults seeking immunity for their principal officers, forgetting that all Senators are equal on the basis of election, and since immunity in the constitution is for critical elected officers, all Senators should be entitled to it, and not a few principal officers not elected by Nigerians!!! Saraki was only elected as a Senator by the people of his Senatorial District in Kwara State and not as Senate President. Stupid Senators!
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Why don't he curb his ministers?.. Why don't he curb his corrupt wife and his corrupt chief of Army staff?... Nigerians are now selling their properties and stealing food to eat. And you're talking of "curbing". Curb my foot.
I dont know about his wife but dude Ministers and PM's are part of the Civil Servants.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Askmewhy(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
Honestly speaking Dino melaye is a disgrace to human race. That guy is just a boy who supposed dey house they learn something. He is a disgrace to entire kogi state! It was fight that he fought when he was in house of rep that made them suspended him. I recalled he was also nicked that day b4 he was bundled out. Here come again he want to fight a woman. Ode Oshi! Y don't u go and meet Roman reign or dean Ambrose if body dey catch u, make them design ur face for u? Us less boy! What are u teaching your children at home now?

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
VenusBetty:
I dont know about his wife but dude Ministers and PM's are part of the Civil Servants.
... And they are all corrupt too.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by dunkem21(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
tunderay:
is Senate a court? Ekweremadu is facing a criminal charge, Malami is not. Got it?

OK.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by prof12(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Rubbish, If the dullard continues being a clog in the wheel of the legislature, He will be impeached. Forget this rubbish long talks.

The hand writing is now on the wall, He can't continue being a dictator in the 21st century. You who said you wished Buhari is a military dictator so that he can be able to jail all opposition members.

I don't know why you Buhari supporters see him as God.

What do you mean by dictator?

Can you come out in clear terms to tell Nigerians the functions of the President in our system of democracy?

Be frank ,no hatred pls.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by prof12(m): 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
DINO MILAYE IS A POLITICAL THUG.

HE SHOULD REMEMBER THAT THE SENATE DOES NOT BELONG TO SARAKI, EKWEREMADU OR TO HIS FATHER.
WHEN IT'S TIME WE WILL MATCH TO ABUJA IN OUR MILLIONS TO SACK ALL OF THEM FROM THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

UNGRATEFUL HE GOAT.

SON OF A THOUSAND FATHERS.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ofwest47(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
what sort of people do we have in this 8th senate from Saraki #Ilorin MESUJAMBA. com, to the likes of Dino me laye and co and co leaving in the most expensive accommodations riding on most expensive cars yet they are still making jest of themselves rather doing what they were voted for. Sorry were they really voted for? rather they rigged themselves in.
Reasonable so called leaders will never contemplate of impeaching a sitting President at this point in time. whether they like it or not Nigeria will remain Nigeria and whereas in their own case forgers, and looters will never go scot free.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kedeojo(m): 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
I taught dat my brodas from the east are no longer on this forum again, when the issue of most of their kings were secretly collecting money from the herdsmen for grazing was raise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election Debate On Channels TV: PDP Vs APC / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain / Ben Bruce Reacts Bashir Ahmad's Listed Achievements Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.