Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR (22235 Views)

Bola Tinubu Hails Withdrawal Of Forgery Charges Against Saraki & Ekweremadu / FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu / Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by LocalChamp: 3:01am On Jul 13, 2016
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK JUL 12, 2016
SaharaReporters has learned that a pensive Senate President, Bukola Saraki, today held a private meeting with the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, and pleaded with the AGF to drop forgery charges against him and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.

The private meeting took place today at the premises of the Senate when Mr. Malami, accompanied by Ita Enang, President Muhammadu Buhari’s special assistant on the National Assembly, arrived to see Senator David Umaru, head of the Senate committee on the judiciary. Mr. Malami had gone to assure Senator Umaru of his willingness to honor an invitation by the senatorial committee.

A source at the Senate and another in the AGF’s office told SaharaReporters that Mr. Saraki requested to see Mr. Malami after the AGF’s meeting with Senator Umaru. Our sources said the attorney general acceded to the meeting with Senator Saraki, choosing to see Mr. Saraki in the presence of Ita Enang.

However, just before the meeting started, Senator Saraki and Mr. Malami agreed that it should be private.

Our sources disclosed that the embattled senator, who is facing two trials, one for alleged falsification in his asset declarations, the other for alleged forgery of Senate rules, turned the short meeting into a begging session. One source who was briefed on what transpired told our correspondent that Mr. Saraki pleaded with the attorney general not be part of those persecuting him, swearing that he knew nothing about the alleged forgery of Senate rules under which he was elected as Senate President.

One of our sources claimed that Mr. Malami spoke sympathetically, but declined to make a commitment to stop the prosecution of Senators Saraki and Ekweremadu.

Following the AGF’s non-committal stance, a senator told SaharaReporters that Mr. Malami was likely to face hostile questioning when he is answers the summons of the Senate Judiciary committee. Mr. Malami is expected to appear before the committee tomorrow at 11 a.m. (Nigerian time).

Our Senate source disclosed that the members of the committee were divided over the summons to Mr. Malami. “Some members feel that the invitation to Malami to appear is solely intended to bully him so as to force him to withdraw charges against Dr. Saraki and Senator Ekweremadu,” the source said.

One committee member argued that the summons itself violates the constitution and Senate rules which forbid senatorial intervention in matters that are before the courts. He cited Section 174 of the 1999 Nigerian constitution, which empowers the AGF to initiate legal proceedings against anybody according to the discretion vested in his office. The senator also remarked that Section 150 of the constitution shows that the office of the Attorney General of the Federation is one of the few offices created by the constitution.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/12/senate-president-saraki-begs-attorney-general-drop-forgery-charges-against-him-ekweremadu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Ademusiwa1: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2016
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by vedaxcool(m): 3:09am On Jul 13, 2016
grin grin beggar Senate president. .. chio shior na so to dey do fraud dey sweet unah to face the consequence unah dey beg.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Vendoor(f): 3:15am On Jul 13, 2016
grin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by ORACLE1975(m): 3:20am On Jul 13, 2016
This Senators are now holding Nigerian hostage due to the government in power don't know how to manage administration thy only focus on corruption and it citizens are dying of hunger.

God of coup come to or aid.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by plainol(m): 3:33am On Jul 13, 2016
Questions and serious begging session loading

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by eleko1: 3:36am On Jul 13, 2016
Shebi they are Bold nd daring sad. One even petition/wrote Epistle letter to UN and Embassies sad.Useless thieves sad

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Sweetlemon(f): 3:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Begging? I thought he summoned the AGF and even threatened to impeach Buhari?

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Burger01(m): 4:13am On Jul 13, 2016
Sweetlemon:
...and even threatened to arrest the AGF. That was 'ASSTANSTIC' of Saraki. He should be jailed and his cell keys thrown far deep into Sambisa forest undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by kuuljay(m): 4:15am On Jul 13, 2016
Vendoor:
grin
lwkmd girl you are so funny grin grin grin grin grin you have killed it all...this is not stick and carrot but stick and plate...the whole world will have to learn something from naija politicians
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by babdap: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2016
Saraki ur quest for power has landed you into this, you are doing more damage to your political career each passing day. This storm can consume your political career on national politics not to talk of how you were stoned by your every own people. I know you may be IPOB hero but they won't be enough just as their votes was unable to keep GEJ beyond 2015.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by kulikuli26: 4:22am On Jul 13, 2016
To imagine some people will still believe this hogwash beats my imagination. The fact is, Saraki knows AGF is acting on instructions from the top and it will be a fruitless exercise begging a man who's acting on instructions from his superior. Saraki knows who to beg when he has to but we are always blinded by our biases it becomes so difficult to even analyze issues objectively.

12 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by nakamora: 4:39am On Jul 13, 2016
Saraki the new face of global begging. Why begging after threat to impeach Buhari & arrest AGF.Anyway that was the tall dream of Igbos terrorist group.

Saraki the checow of Biafra & saviour of ipob.Chest beaters miserable leader.

Igbo kwenu grin grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by sofat(m): 4:42am On Jul 13, 2016
Nigerians say no to begging! Nigerians say yes to justice! Saraki must reap the seed he sowed and no amount of begging can save him.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by kcnwaigbo: 4:43am On Jul 13, 2016
kulikuli26:
To imagine some people will still believe this hogwash beats my imagination. The fact is, Saraki knows AGF is acting on instructions from the top and it will be a fruitless exercise begging a man who's acting on instructions from his superior. Saraki knows who to beg when he has to but we are always blinded by our biases it becomes so difficult to even analyze issues objectively.

That is common sense but zombies can believe anything!!

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 13, 2016
grin
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Aristo3146(m): 5:47am On Jul 13, 2016
Malami should not dare to withdraw that case...I was even trying to instigate the case myself before malami intervened, Na Ogboni shrine i been wan carry Saraki go before malami come spoil my show...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Babacele: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Satatif hasn't repented and that is his greatest undoing! he forged or not?.......let him clear that at the law courts.

13 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by dunkem21(m): 5:55am On Jul 13, 2016
Sahara Reporters? .. I'll rather pass cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by DropShot: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2016
dunkem21:
Sahara Reporters? .. I'll rather pass cheesy
No other news outfit matches SR investigative journalism.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by moshmusth(m): 6:18am On Jul 13, 2016
SR beg AGF? In ur dream he has hold onto power for this long I am sure he won't stoop so low to bed malami after the feqcas that happened yesterday that would be shaming his pro saraki caucus the likes of danjumo goje dino melaye isa misau bala ibn na'alla tayo alasoadura aliyu wammako and co

1 Like

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by midolian(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2016
Localchamp and his signature Saraki picture cheesy cheesy cheesy

Our sources disclosed that the embattled senator, who is facing two trials, one for alleged falsification in his asset declarations, the other for alleged forgery of Senate rules, turned the short meeting into a begging session. One source who was briefed on what transpired told our correspondent that Mr. Saraki pleaded with the attorney general not be part of those persecuting him, swearing that he knew nothing about the alleged forgery of Senate rules under which he was elected as Senate President.
SMH

This is the worst Senate Leadership in the history of Nigeria. A disgrace to this great country. May God help get rid of them completely. angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by dunkem21(m): 7:31am On Jul 13, 2016
DropShot:

No other news outfit matches SR investigative journalism.

Agreed, but..
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Houseofglam7(f): 7:57am On Jul 13, 2016
Issorait
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by disloman(m): 7:57am On Jul 13, 2016
Lolzzzzzzz.
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by herzern(m): 7:57am On Jul 13, 2016
moshmusth:
SR beg AGF? In ur dream he has hold onto power for this long I am sure he won't stoop so low to[b]bed malami[/b] after the feqcas that happened yesterday that would be shaming his pro saraki caucus the likes of danjumo goje dino melaye isa misau bala ibn na'alla tayo alasoadura aliyu wammako and co

Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by disloman(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Sweetlemon:
In his dream.
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by AntiWailer: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Lol

SR no go kill person.
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by martineverest(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2016
no peace for d wicked
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Pavore9: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2016
Nigerian Politics na drama.....so don't take anything personal! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2016
Vendoor:
grin
OMG! What's the club-wielding monkey up to? Now that you've stirred up some curiosity in me, you must post a picture of the aftermath too. I want to know what the monkey did with that club. grin
Re: Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR by DONSMITH123(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2016
Sweetlemon:

He get the mind? Saraki knew he's Inn for a long thin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Ways Nigerian Pastors And Politicians Brainwash Nigerians - Aroms Aigbehi / APC ‘ll Win Ogun, Imo Without Amosun, Okorocha – Oshiomhole / Ajimobi: I Prefer Being Senator, Not Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.