Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far (30192 Views)

10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by SylarsMcQuins: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2016
nnamdibig:
The lesson I learn everyday from that guy is hard work and dedication. I always say that Messi is a product of talent(naturally talented) while Ronald(not as talented as Messi but is competing with him at the highest level) is a product of hard work. Nobody gave him chance when he went to Madrid. Even Kaka was once rated above this guy but look at them today.

Kaka won the UCL twice, the Seria A, World Cup, Copa America, Confederations cup, La Liga, European Super Cup, World club's cup. So at that point Kaka deserved to be rated more.

Kaka also won the Ballon'dor
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by LesbianBoy(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2016
nnamdibig:

Yes messi is naturally talented cos he has been playing at this level since he was 18. But for Ronald, he is better now compared to when he was at ManU, remember that as at 2007, Ronaldo could even be compared to kaka. Since he joined Madrid, he has been improving as a player.

Messi has been playing at this level since he was 18? So you mean messi has been scoring 30 something goals and given assists as far back as 2005 till now. Baba no dey lie, today na sunday na! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Abbey2sam(m): 10:26am On Jul 17, 2016
iamrealdeji:
This story makes me shed little tears. I never knew Ronaldo is such a good person. How many friends would tell this story? How many friends will pay back such a good friend? How many friends will be this grateful? How many friends would be this nice? I've been unfortunate when it comes to friendship and my friends usually try to take advantage of me and backstab me,bad mouth me. This story means a lot to me. This is old school friendship,true friendship,friendship of '50's 

"you shed a little Tears" I cried the first time I read this story, I was greatly touched and overwhelmed that I couldn't control my emotion(I'm very emotional)

I've always liked and seek to know more about Ronaldo, people always forget that he's human too

the part where you talked about true friendship, true friends is very rear
so you're not the only one on that, the only best friend you should have is "you"
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Ijaya123: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2016
Frankaka8:
yes he is. Goal.com did a voting with Messi, Pele and maradona... Messi won the poll. That little man is just 29yrs, more to come.

Goal.com is just for Nigerian audience.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Phi001(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Ijaya123:

You're wrong. Goal.com.ng is just for Nigerian audience.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by iPopAlomo(m): 10:47am On Jul 17, 2016
ddippset:
These mods must be a bunch of ronaldo fans. The don't want to let the season pass. But just like every other player who has achieved national team success before him, it must pass.

Guy... no get stroke unto c.Ronaldo matter Ooo...
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Ijaya123: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2016
Phi001:

You're wrong. Goal.com.ng is just for Nigerian audience.

Go check out where all those who voted are based.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by yunglivochi(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2016
i rily love CR7
d guy rily rocks from an ARSenal fan tho
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by isholex: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2016
The legend 1

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2016
Ijaya123:
OP, how did you arrive at the conclusion that the greatest soccer player in history is Lionel Messi?

Nice write up, though.
Bros I wrote 'arguably'
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Ijaya123: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Bros I wrote 'arguably'

Ok
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Frankaka8(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2016
Ijaya123:

wch site is for world audience?
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Frankaka8(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Messi has been playing at this level since he was 18? So you mean messi has been scoring 30 something goals and given assists as far back as 2005 till now. Baba no dey lie, today na sunday na! cheesy cheesy
cr7 scores more Dan Messi. Messi is more gifted. Even with age differences Messi is more successful and is undisputed. Nigerians don't want to admit, buh the world knows.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Frankaka8(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2016
For a player of Ronaldo Calibre to win the Euros with 5draws and 1 win in 90mins of this tournmanent, coupled with d fact he wasn't even in the top 3 nominee for player of the tournament (MVP), boils down to LUCK... God favoured portugal team, cos everything worked for thia good. Yet cr7 is a Marvel anyday! Nobody mention Eder, with his rocket goal!!!! Lols..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:

Kaka won the UCL twice, the Seria A, World Cup, Copa America, Confederations cup, La Liga, European Super Cup, World club's cup. So at that point Kaka deserved to be rated more.

Kaka also won the Ballon'dor

Kaka is still one of my favourite players ever(I am a rosonerri) but my point was that at that time Rolando was not at the level he is now. He has been improving year after year.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
Frankaka8:
cr7 scores more Dan Messi. Messi is more gifted. Even with age differences Messi is more successful and is undisputed. Nigerians don't want to admit, buh the world knows.

Let him know please, it seems he can't just throw arguments without insults.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
I call him my king of the game
I was asked to define hard work - I answered Cristiano Ronaldo

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
Tonylyte:
hi haters!
how haters, Take it or leave it how was it Ronaldo that brought the trophy?
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by phemmyfour: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Thanks.
Element of luck
Especially in

Euro win with Portugal
UCL win with Man u
Second Ucl win with Real
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by ddippset(m): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Guy... no get stroke unto c.Ronaldo matter Ooo...
lol. You follow me come here?
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by pring: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
[ i feel humbled reading this.
wht a lesson.

quote author=Jalubarika post=47620306]This is a story when Cristiano Ronaldo was little and he was still a nobody. He and his friend were vying for a spot in an academy of Andorinha in Funchal, Madeira.

“I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my succes. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that : “Who score’s more goals will come in our academy”.

“We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us.

Albert was 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper , he rounded the goalkeeper and i was running in front of him.

All he had to do was to score that goal but he passed it to me and i scored the third goal , so i got that spot and went to the academy.

After the match i went to him and asked him why ? .. he said that “Because you are better than me”

Journalists then went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes.

He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and now is unemployed.

“But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You also able keep your family .. From where did this come from? ‘

Albert more proudly replied: “It is from Ronaldo[/quote]
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Bash92(m): 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
Frankaka8:
yes he is. Goal.com did a voting with Messi, Pele and maradona... Messi won the poll. That little man is just 29yrs, more to come.
How many of the voters watch Maradona and Pele live? If the poll is conducted in Argentina sef alone, Maradona will win by a wide margin.
Most of the people that vote are biased.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Bash92(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
When Ronaldo jumps, he generates 5G of G-force on take-
off - this is five times the power of a cheetah in full flight.
This enables him to reach heights of 44cm in the air from a
standing start and 78cm with a run-up - 7cm more than the
average NBA player.
And, Ronaldo does not drink alcohol or smoke. No tattoo sef. He is a good Role model. He even pay his tax.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
phemmyfour:
Element of luck
Especially in

Euro win with Portugal
UCL win with Man u
Second Ucl win with Real
I share in your sentiments, but without much ado, he is still a fantastic player.. Let's give Kudos to whom kudos is due. Even though am no fan of his.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by phemmyfour: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
Misterdhee1:

I share in your sentiments, but without much ado, he is still a fantastic player.. Let's give Kudos to whom kudos is due. Even though am no fan of his.
I m actually looking at the factors listed there and thought that even in life, you need an element of luck
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by victorjoe(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
nnamdibig:
The lesson I learn everyday from that guy is hard work and dedication. I always say that Messi is a product of talent(naturally talented) while Ronald(not as talented as Messi but is competing with him at the highest level) is a product of hard work. Nobody gave him chance when he went to Madrid. Even Kaka was once rated above this guy but look at them today.

You are very correct. In as much as I like Messi, truth must be told. I read something a while back that if talent does not work hard, hard work will beat talent. I guess this is a message for everyone to apply to whatever it is they do.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by emi14: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Love is virtuous. I love Ronaldo as a star footballer his ego and pride.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Misterdhee1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
phemmyfour:
I m actually looking at the factors listed there and thought that even in life, you need an element of luck
True bro
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by omonla10(m): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
victorjoe:

You are very correct. In as much as I like Messi, truth must be told. I read something a while back that if talent does not work hard, hard work will beat talent. I guess this is a message for everyone to apply to whatever it is they do.
but this does not apply to the messi-ronaldo ish.. Even with hardwork Ronaldo has still not matched Messi... Messi(talent) is still obviously greater than cr7 (hardwork) anyday anytime.. Even this season..

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
victorjoe:

players like Mario balotelli and Antonio Cassano all have the talent but could not go anywhere with it.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
omonla10:
but this does not apply to the messi-ronaldo ish.. Even with hardwork Ronaldo has still not matched Messi... Messi(talent) is still obviously greater than cr7 (hardwork) anyday anytime.. Even this season..

pls England is not in top 5 European football nations.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by mapet: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Misterdhee1:

- HARDWORKINGNESS :

@OP

There is nothing called hardworkingness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary / Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.