Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) (19372 Views)

How To Cool Your Car Like A Pro(video) / How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
veekid:
My car no dey over heat
Because na bicycle grin
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
OP: thanks for sharing!
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by Jangbajantis: 6:46am On Jul 15, 2016
If your car's temperature start overheating on 3rd Mainland Bridge you wouldn't have the time and patience to do all this.
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by snapatini(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2016
Nice post
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by nonjebose(m): 7:07am On Jul 15, 2016
Nice post, read all the points
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by Jeffy1206(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2016
veekid:
My car no dey over heat
then.... Here not for you undecided
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by phemmyfour: 7:58am On Jul 15, 2016
Jangbajantis:
If your car's temperature start overheating on 3rd Mainland Bridge you wouldn't have the time and patience to do all this.
if you get flat tyre....you no go stop there?
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by Jangbajantis: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2016
phemmyfour:
if you get flat tyre....you no go stop there?
If it's night, I'd drag it along like that. That place is dangerous.
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by BIGkoboko: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2016
undecided
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by LADBIM: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks. The first time I will observed smoke coming out from my engine when it was overheated, after I gauged my engine oil it was very very low. What causes the engine oil to go low when engine overheated?
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by Originalsly: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2016
LADBIM:
Thanks. The first time I will observed smoke coming out from my engine when it was overheated, after I gauged my engine oil it was very very low. What causes the engine oil to go low when engine overheated?
Don't you think the low engine oil caused the engine to overheat? ...that should also be something one should check. @topic... from experience...I would advise not to wait until the engine cools before checking. Open the hood as soon as possible not only to allow the heat to escape faster...but to see exactly where the steam is gushing out from. A failed hose is common cause of sudden overheating and this you would not observe if the engine is cool. A burst hose can be strapped using tape, strip of cloth...anything effective in such an emergency. And yes...you would have to redill the radiator before driving offm

1 Like

Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by Emeka71(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2016
See tutorial.
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by alaskido(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice one but pray it does not happen on 3rd mainland bridge otherwise you will be in hot soup from area boys and Lastma. if this happens on 3rd mainland bridge my brother just keep moving until you are out of the bridge o. I am speaking from experience. I do not pray to be caught on that bridge with a dead car.
Re: How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) by sanyahkod(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice one Op.

I check my car engine temperature gauge religiously.

When I notice any sign of overheating, I simply off the engine and switch on radiator fans for few minutes and the temperature reduces like magic. I've been doing that for a while even while on high speed until I changed my radiator. Since then, it's goodbye to overheating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? / 10 Safety Tips For Night Driving You Should Never Neglect / Check Out The 43 Years Evolution Of Volkswagen Golf From MK1 To MK7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.