Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer (10056 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / I Was Slapped By My Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by lawnreigh(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dammyllionaire:

I also work in a Nigeria company that don't give employment letter except from those they've given many years ago. But for over 5years now, they've not been issuing employment letter to their employee. Even, the company plan to close down some of it's branches without any hope of gratitude to those workers that have work with them for over the years.
The economic situation of the country is really giving those employers confidence to treat people anyhow

1 Like

Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by lawnreigh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
nnemak:
Are you not supposed to be the one issuing OFFER letters to other since you are in HR?
So if you don't know how to go about it there, then am afraid the HR department is nonfunctional.
undecided undecided
Chinese don't believe in too much bureaucracy, so the HR of a thing is to manage day to day factory workers affairs
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by lawnreigh(m): 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
AntiWailer:

I understand but in your own interest you don't do that.

Nobody will offer you a job because of Pity , it is because they calculated that u will be useful.

So dnt sell ur self cheap. Desperation turns some employers off.
That is true, the mistake has been made and solution is what is needed now
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by lawnreigh(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
Rexnegro:

Keep working Why You write Nigeria labour congress, write a lawyer if You can also...if You re The first to right The wrong all these Chinese, lebanon ,india etc company Are doing it did go a long way bro. write to the state labour congress chairman. Goodluck
Ok thank you but how can I get the contact of the union and people you said above, moreover how I‘m I sure that My Identity will be kept secret without the knowledge of My employer
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by Ghost447(m): 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
lawnreigh:
Plz send me your email
vicose2003@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by daygee12: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
i advise you to ministry of labour and productivity and complain to them.
i know they should have one or two things to say. better still you can get the mail of the ministry and tell them your what you are going through
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by oyejideogunjumo: 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
lawnreigh:
Good Afternoon Nairalanders, I really need your advice my people, I work in a production company owned Chinese as an Asst. HR, although I was recently employed there, I asked my Manager who happens to be a Nigerian about employment letter at least if I'm not collecting it in the beginning (probation period) I should be able to know the duration which the probation period will end and I will be able to collect my employment letter. To my greatest surprise my Manager told me that they don't give employment letter that funny enough he hasn't been given one too. It was so surprising and demoralizing, he now told me to meet our General Manager(Chinese) and ask him about it. After asking him, he dodged the question and told me that he will consider it latter and all that. My Manager already told me that will be his response and that they don't give people letter in order to avoid litigation in it comes up. To the Lawyers and experienced people on this forum, I need your advice
Note: This people can make you work for 24hrs and they pay stipend that doesn't commensurate with my certificate coupled with the fact that I speak Chinese (intermediate). Moreover I've seen them dismiss people in cold blood(Factory Workers), they axe at will, no severance package, benefits etc but the fear of unemployment is also the beginning of wisdom considering the fact that there are little job out there with thousands of Job Seekers. Please matured advice only
The Chinese and other Asian job is the last anybody can do.
Unfortunately with all these atrocities the Government at all levels turn deaf hears because they are not affected directly .
U need to endure or quit as u may prayerfully decide. I did that many years ago even when no hope of job at sight but thank God later things take shape
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by XaintJoel20: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
joseph238:
Why you no collect am since
Fraud..
The moderators should ban people like you that are defrauding people of their hard earned money. Nairaland should not be a forum for scammers...

I am speaking from a personal experience....
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
blank:
How is your salary paid? Is it via cash or bank transfer? If by bank what name is on the bank statement.

For mine, it was previously cash but now it is bank, any implication on that?

Thanks in advance
Re: How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer by Pennywise(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
lawnreigh:
Ok thank you but how can I get the contact of the union and people you said above, moreover how I‘m I sure that My Identity will be kept secret without the knowledge of My employer
U barely got the job and u are taking counsel on how to fight your employer? Are u sure u really want this job? Chinese or any employing national do not take kindly to perceived trouble makers.

Making overtures to labour is a declaration of war on your employer. Note that Some employers maintain paid informants among employees. Some people wonder why they are always getting sacked over flimsy excuses.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Disagree With Your Boss And Still Keep Your Job / Going Back To School While Working Full Time. / Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.