Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate (1721 Views)

I Met With Maina In Dubai - Malami Tells Senate Panel / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges / Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by SuperS1Panther: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abubakar Malami on Wednesday said the criminal charges suit filed by the federal government against Bukola Saraki, the senate president, and Ike Ekweremadu, his deputy, predates his appointment as attorney-general of the federation and minister of justice.

Saraki and Ekweremadu are accused of forging the senate rules 2015, which led to their emergence as senate president and deputy senate president, respectively.

Appearing before the senate committee on judiciary, human rights and legal matters chaired by David Umaru, Malami said that while he was appointed AGF in November 2015, the case was filed in July.

“I wish to state here that I am in support of democracy and I will do anything within the constitution to preserve the democratic processes, “he said.

He explained that the criminal suite with reference number FHC/ABJ/CS/646/ 2015 was filed on July, 23 2015 alongside a report of the concluded investigation by the police.

“I was appointed on the 12th day of November 2015, that is precisely about four months. As at the time I came to office, the report was concluded, “he said.

“The case was instituted before the court for the sustenance of the rule of law but not in any way to truncate the democratic process.”

Malami went on to state that once a matter is in court, neither the executive or the legislature can look into it.

“It will be overreaching on my part to make any insinuation on the case, “Malami added.

At this point members of the committee asked the AGF if the charges were filed for the sake of public interest and if they were in accordance with due process.

Responding, Malami said the suite was filed based on public interest and justice.

According to him, the senate standing orders 2015 amendment did not pass through the traditional procedure.

He added that if the standing orders did not come through the right procedures, it becomes criminal, which is in breach of section 60 of the Nigerian constitution.

Umaru, chairman of the committee, said the executive was intruding on the business of the legislature, adding that the separation of the powers in a democracy should be respected.

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-filed-saraki-forgery-suit-before-i-became-agf-malami-tells-senate

4 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by HungerBAD: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice.

2 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by moshmusth(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by todayboy: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hatred always make buhari makes childish mistake that's in sumary the forgery case is dead on arrivals

I foresee saraki becoming very powerful than the president the few months to come
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by saintikechi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
he is only being used to witch hunt the senate president. tyrany does not last.
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by Almaiga: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice one AGF Malami.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by paragon40(m): 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ayaf hear...
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Saraki should do the honourable thing and resign. After resigning, he should push for a plea bargain and return 95% of the wealth he acquired illegally. Then he should just take a perpetual vacation from Nigerian politics.

But lie the proverbial fly he won't take my humble advice. He would rather fight till he is 6 feet below the ground. Chai! Saraki

BlackAfrican

11 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by Osehnetworld(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
d
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by designking: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
What arrant nonsense from our senators!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by Toktee(m): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
todayboy:
Hatred always make buhari makes childish mistake that's in sumary the forgery case is dead on arrivals

I foresee saraki becoming very powerful than the president the few months to come
You don,t even read before commenting,and can you explain the mistake he made?

13 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
Toktee:
You don,t even read before commenting,and can you explain the mistake he made?

It is not the duty of the executive to file a forgery case against the senate executives

Can saraki take buhari to court
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by dustmalik: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
todayboy:

^^^ Only a Ugandan would make such meaningless comment.

12 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by P291: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
See the response the judicairy committee even gave ' the executive intruding on the business of the legislature'.

'YES' it was politically motivated, and so what? If Saraki and Ekweramdu are innocents of the charges let them face it and defend themselves at the court of law. Simple as abc.

If these are the kind of leaders that will be representing us with no iota of credence and respect to the seat of power and the citizens they represents. Then I must say democracy is in sane in the face of it.

Is it a must holding on to power?

2 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
dustmalik:

^^^ Only a Ugandan would make such meaningless comment.

Only zombies that does not know the executive can't take legislative matter to court
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by 48noble(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
APC can deny somethingooo
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
P291:
See the response the judicairy committee even gave ' the executive intruding on the business of the legislature'.

'YES' it was politically motivated, and so what? If Saraki and Ekweramdu are innocents of the charges let them face it and defend themselves at the court of law. Simple as abc.

If these are the kind of leaders that will be representing us with no iota of credence and respect to the seat of power and the citizens they represents. Then I must say democracy is in sane in the face of it.

Is it a must holding on to power?
Democracy is a process because buhari don't know that's why saraki is making full of him
He has taking him to Ccb the guy won he has file forgery case saraki his also wining the case

Buhari is too emotional about his enemies that's why he makes silly mistakes

Smart president like obasanjo will use senators to fight their executives not using executive power to remove senate president it will not work
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by kcnwaigbo: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
todayboy:

Democracy is a process because buhari don't know that's why saraki is making full of him
He has taking him to Ccb the guy won he has file forgery case saraki his also wining the case

Smart president like obasanjo will use senators to fight their executives not using executive power to remove senate president it will not work

I was quite surprised how the stupid EFCC witness messed up the CCT case after the huge media propaganda!!! They don't even have any chance of winning this phantom forgery trial!!! saraki will keep making a mess of them
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by P291: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
todayboy:

Okay then, he should defend himself at the court of law now. What does the attorney general has to do with someone forgering the senate rule?

I expect the senators to be focused on what they were elected to do, which is legislation for the citizens or have you heard any tangible thing they have done since they were elected?

They should work!

2 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by 989900E: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
todayboy:
[s]Hatred always make buhari makes childish mistake that's in sumary the forgery case is dead on arrivals

I foresee saraki becoming very powerful than the president the few months to come[/s]

2 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by CONFAMA: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
todayboy:

Did you even read the write up at all....just rushing to spew trash as usual... smh

2 Likes

Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Now that he has appeared,can we continue with the prosecution in peace?
Saraki just needs to go.
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by tayejay(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
todayboy:

It is not the duty of the executive to file a forgery case against the senate executives

Can saraki take buhari to court

Common be wise a little... where is it indicated that it's the executive that took the senate or saraki to court?
Re: FG Filed Saraki ‘forgery’ Suit Before I Became AGF, Malami Tells Senate by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
“The case was instituted before the court for the sustenance of the rule of law but not in any way to truncate the democratic process.”

I hope the Law Breakers are learning Law.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Shipping Out Oyegun As Ambassador, Pencils Oshiomhole As Replacement / 5 Reasons Why FG Is Launching Buhari's Mobile App / President Buhari Was't Happy With Some Government Officials(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.