Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? (19351 Views)

5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump / How To Restore A Flooded Car's Engine. / Six Signs Of A Failing Car Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by ychris: 7:29am On Jul 17, 2016
go check olx
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by ajealadick(m): 7:31am On Jul 17, 2016
OP, I am surprised no one is giving you a useful advice. I have one which I do and its working even till tomorrow. I used for my inverter deep cycle batteries 4 months ago and up till now my it's never failed. Epsom salts to an extent works but not as much the one I did. Interested? Contact me.
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by HarryTellMe(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2016
It was revealed to me while I was in the flesh, that the OP will succeed with his experimental suicide if he.... Oli! Oli!! Oliiiii.... Skibororoskibo skibororoskibo... Yepaaaaa oshee ***goes into a trance****

I'm still getting more revelations while in a trance...

5 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by Arabs999: 7:49am On Jul 17, 2016
This is becoming and unbecoming.. This OP is trying to do Abrakadabra with Epsom salt. This is highly dangerous, loquasous, contagious, lepacious, buharicios, and can lead to a permanent negative change in the eyes, hands, breasts and the Konji junctions, ears infections like Buhari ears, and plenty commotions and explosions like the ones between efcc, APC, Codeine, and PDP.
... Meanwhile, the OP is no where to be found...Let someone go and stop him b4 he will burn himself down in the name of battery experiment...
....Police, abeg, make una come oooh..
...... life nor get duplicate oooohhhh.

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 17, 2016
kakameks:

Thanks for the info. Got the salt (450 grams)

Thanks for the concern, it is appreciated and every precaution will be taken. Eye goggle, rubber handgloves etc.

Having gotten the right quantity of salt, I just to collect 2 liters of distilled water (I decided to collect rain water instead)

The procedure seems simple enough but alot of care will be taken. Will inform you guys about the result after collecting the rainwater.
An alternative source for distilled water is condensed water from Air Conditioners.. Just locate air conditioner discharge outlet and trap water coming from it. Wishing you success in ur experiment!

6 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by 9ijaprince(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2016
yes it works lots of videos on youtube,but safety measures must be followed to avoid story that touches.

2 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by hylyne(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2016
Op I love your brilliant mind. My candid advice is that, while you are reactivating your old battery using Epsom, kindly buy another battery and put inside ur boot. It's safer to replace fault battery, than to repair it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by love4rent80s: 8:30am On Jul 17, 2016
ajealadick:
OP, I am surprised no one is giving you a useful advice. I have one which I do and its working even till tomorrow. I used for my inverter deep cycle batteries 4 months ago and up till now my it's never failed. Epsom salts to an extent works but not as much the one I did. Interested? Contact me.

Contact u for what? So u can scam him

If u can't say it here, hold ur opinion

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by onegig(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2016
ajealadick:
and what would it cost you to share the knowledge here?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by InvertedHammer: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2016
kakameks:
Hi all,
My car battery (wet cell) was showing signs of impending failure, I had an electrician drain, replace the electrolyte and charge the battery.
however the battery still can't fully retain charge, my multimeter show it at 11 volts instead of 13 volts for a fully charged battery.
I read that epsom salt helps in de-sulphating the weak batteries to make them retain electric charge.

Has anyone tried this? Or does any one know where I can get epsom salt crystals?
/
How much is a new battery to go through this crap?

Everything in life has a lifespan including car batteries.

There is no need setting yourself up for failure.
\
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by Bnladan(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2016
Mailthaddeus:
Having gotten the right quantity of salt, I just to collect 2 liters of distilled water (I decided to collect rain water instead).

Chai! OP
Who told u rain water is even near to distilled water. It is not, rain water are usually acidic due to the presence of acidic oxides discharged into the atmosphere which in-turn gets dissolved into d clouds and fall as rain. If in doubt test wit a litmus paper.

To get distilled water, get a kettle, boil water wit it, and condense the water vapour comin out from d open end of the kettle when d water is boiling.
Bottle water lyk Swan and Eva can serve as distilled water coz dey are de-ionised. My Prof. suggested I used dem wen I was doing my Undergraduate project.

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by onos217(m): 9:05am On Jul 17, 2016
A quick reaction to what you have written above:
The multimeter reading of a battery does not actually tells if a battery is bad or good. The only way you get to know is by placing a load on it, and watch how long its sustained the load. So, whether your battery reads 11v or 13v is almost insignificant. There are some batteries that will read 13v, but immediately you put a load on it, it will drop to 0v.
A battery has a lifecycle. When a battery attained its life cycle, it's dead and buried. Moreso, you changed the electrolyte but
but you didn't change the electrodes. Don't you know when the electrodes are used up its almost impossible for chemical reaction to occur. I would advice you get yourselves a new battery and save yourself from needless stress. Have a good day!

8 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by greggng: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
How much is a new battery to go through this crap?

Everything in life has a lifespan including car batteries.

There is no need setting yourself up for failure.
\

Please I am having same battery issue and it has been embarassing to me new one is roughly 18k I don't mind if u can help me with something financially zenith acct 2007820971 God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by achieverme(m): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2016
ajealadick:

How did you do it? Please let's discuss
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by gbadexy(m): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2016
nurey:
During my service year, because I was very hard working, nah him my oga carry lab key give me say make I dey do practical for students, since my secondary school and university never allowed me play Dr Who those days, I decided the opportunity has presented it self.

Nah so I carry chemistry practical book they scan through, so I saw how to make nitrogen gas using sulphuric acid a complicated procedure but I decided to try it.

Beaker, ammonia, sulphuric acid in minute quantities nah so smoke full every where, I was choking and worst still sulphuric acid spill on the table, I thought it was water and I touched it, the kind irritation I experienced on that hand no be small. I just thank God it didn't chop off or burnt off.

When ever I see sulphuric acid this acid no get diluted form, nah to stay clear of it.
It's the only chemical I give adequate respect to. I'm not just comfortable working with conc sulphuric acid. It's like a demon in concentrated form.
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by oluwanoni: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2016
101 ways to die... in Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by mikotek(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2016
There is no harm in trying
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by abdul4new(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2016
na WA oh make e no be say op don't give up the ghost nothing is forth coming from him......... hope all is well.....

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by kakameks: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Sorry for the late response, thanks for all your advice and concern. For those asking if am still alive, am very much so just that am currently on location for two after which I fully intend to continue with the epsom salt theory.

Will keep you guys updated on my return.

3 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2016
greggng:

Please I am having same battery issue and it has been embarassing to me new one is roughly 18k I don't mind if u can help me with something financially zenith acct 2007820971 God bless u

CC: dominique, anabell2

3 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by chidooh1: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2016
I am also facing battery issues now, in fact, my car is parked already waiting for money for new battery. Can i get good tokumbo that would work till December before i travel for Xmas holiday
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by Arabs999: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2016
kakameks:
Sorry for the late response, thanks for all your advice and concern. For those asking if am still alive, am very much so just that am currently on location for two after which I fully intend to continue with the epsom salt theory.

Will keep you guys updated on my return.

...Haleluyahhhh !!! Thank God this OP is still alive.. U still want to continue with ur battery magic ? Abeg, we de fear for here. The explosion, if the magic goes wrong, can cause irreparable loss and damage to all us here, both mentally, physically, nairalandcally, buharically, and even kpakpa, totorically.
... So, I beg well well, let someone close to this OP, try to consult babalawo or even mamalawo, to do another magic so that this OP will forget this suicide mission in the name of battery experiment.
...If anything should happen to him, Buhari is the cause...

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by InvertedHammer: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
greggng:

/

/
If you can't afford a battery, you shouldn't be owning a car.

What's next? Money for fuel?

Are people this shameless about begging?
\

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
greggng:

What car do you drive?

3 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by 400billionman: 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
grin grin
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by lecturerdabo(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Waiting
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by youngice(m): 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/

/
If you can't afford a battery, you shouldn't be owning a car.

What's next? Money for fuel?

Are people this shameless about begging?
\
I wonder

1 Like

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by sammily(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bnladan:
Bottle water lyk Swan and Eva can serve as distilled water coz dey are de-ionised. My Prof. suggested I used dem wen I was doing my Undergraduate project.

That's a misinformation bro, distilled water has been distilled by boiling and condensed to remove most of the impurities including dissolved metals and minerals. The bottle water like Eva still contains these dissolved minerals, that why it's not encouraged to used in wet cells or car cooling system (to mix the coolant)

2 Likes

Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by 9ijaprince(m): 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
These are the reasons Africans must remain backwards for a long time. We are always lazy and afraid of taking up challenges and experimenting new ideas. China is where it is todar because they have a generation that think outside the box. We should all encourage the OP and educate him on the safety measures to be taken and not discouraging him.
Arabs999:

...Haleluyahhhh !!! Thank God this OP is still alive.. U still want to continue with ur battery magic ? Abeg, we de fear for here. The explosion, if the magic goes wrong, can cause irreparable loss and damage to all us here, both mentally, physically, nairalandcally, buharically, and even kpakpa, totorically.
... So, I beg well well, let someone close to this OP, try to consult babalawo or even mamalawo, to do another magic so that this OP will forget this suicide mission in the name of battery experiment.
...If anything should happen to him, Buhari is the cause...
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by ajealadick(m): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
achieverme:

How did you do it? Please let's discuss

Since some idiots think anyone calling for personal advice wants to scam someone then they should never get the benefit of the outcome of my research( one which they are very lazy to do). If you are serious then send me a private message. It's not for public consumption.
Re: Epsom Salt test? Can it really restore a failing car battery? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
ajealadick:

Since some idiots think anyone calling for personal advice wants to scam someone then they should never get the benefit of the outcome of my research( one which they are very lazy to do). If you are serious then send me a private message. It's not for public consumption.

Pull the other one, this one's got scabs on it. wink

If you've got an achievement, you should be proud to share it. Your statement above, suggests you've got nothing worthy of public consumption.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Warning Signs That A Used Car Has Been In An Accident / How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) / 10 Safety Tips For Night Driving You Should Never Neglect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.