Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari (32053 Views)

Militants Blow Up NPDC Oil Facility In Delta / Amosun Visits Ebute-Ibafo And Ogijo Ravaged By Militants (Photos) / Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by aminaadamu(f): 7:16am On Jul 14, 2016
Weeks after killing and maiming innocent residents while raiding communities in Ogun state, suspected Niger Delta militants have blown up a gas pipeline in PZ Estate in the Ogijo area of the state.

Members of the community told Channels Television that the incident, which is the first known attack on a pipeline in the south-west under President Muhammadu Buhari, occurred late Tuesday.

Apart from Imo state in the south-east, where a Shell pipeline was blown last month, all other attacks in recent times have happened in the south-south, mainly Delta state.

The suspects in Ogun were said to have attacked the facility while pretending to be officials of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on maintenance patrol.

The affected pipeline is said to serve an 11.4 distribution line for some companies in Ikorodu, Lagos state.

The scene of the attack has been cordoned off by security personnel.

Though officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) believe it is too early to conclude on the identity of those behind the attack, sabotage of such nature has been orchestrated by the creek manors.

Mohammed Tijani, divisional police officer (DPO) of Ogijo police station, said investigations were ongoing.

“What we heard is that during the day, some people disguised as NNPC staff. They reportedly came with two Hilux vehicles and pretended as if they carried out some repairs,” he said.

“Later at night, the explosion occurred.”

The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), the group which has claimed responsibility for most of the attacks under the current administration, has threatened to storm Lagos.

The group said its aim is to cripple the nation’s economy.

After threatening to clampdown on the militants, President Muhammadu Buhari appealed to them to give peace a chance.

Nigeria’s production capacity, which sunk to an all-time low as a result of the attacks, soared during a two-week ceasefire declared by the militants.

However, the group resumed hostilities some weeks back, accusing the government of insincerity.

https://www.thecable.ng/militants-hit-gas-pipeline-ogun-first-south-west-attack-buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Kenneth205(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2016
This one is very strong!

10 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by evilapc: 7:17am On Jul 14, 2016
Oops
Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by lordimmaogidi(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2016
Buhari should speedy up n do something

3 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Almajiri1: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2016
I suspect asari dokubo.My good sophisticated omoluabi should please educate us on the effects of oil spill on ogun- a Niger Delta.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ConqueredWest: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2016
Provide more evidence that those guys are ND militants
They could be anyone

37 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Candyrain(m): 7:21am On Jul 14, 2016
lordimmaogidi:
Buhari should speedy up n do something

Do what exactly? Dat guy seem handicapped

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ConqueredWest: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2016
Nellybank:
Oboy this our Niger Delta oyel can fit waka. See wey d oyel go reach and from dere to aboki caliphate. Thanks NDA. YOU GUYS HAVE JUST MADE MY DAY.

You can't conclude it is them or any ND militants.

Proper investigation must be done

11 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Beremx(f): 7:24am On Jul 14, 2016
ConqueredWest:

They could be anyone
It is either fulani herdsmen or boko haram that blew the pipelines. undecided
Why not condemn the act first before doubting who blew the pipelines?

Some people sef!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Almajiri1: 7:24am On Jul 14, 2016
An attack on Ogun state is an attack on south west.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by chemicalDisease: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2016
NDA south west branch grin

68 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 14, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Almajiri1: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2016
ConqueredWest:

They could be anyone
It could be aggrieved members of APC.Lots of companies will feel this impact in Lagos and ogun.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ConqueredWest: 7:28am On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
It is either fulani herdsmen or boko haram that blew the pipelines. undecided
Why not condemn the act first before doubting who blew the pipelines?

Some people sef!

Provide hardcore proof that it is them.

Anyone can do that in the SW.

Look at the way they operated, did it have any signature of the usual militant group

24 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Nellybank(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2016
I no wan know my broda. My only interest is how our oil of which we are suffering oil spillage here in ND managed to get to these parasit states.
ConqueredWest:

You can't conclude it is them or any ND militants.

Proper investigation must be done

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Tunami(m): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2016
Too many palava for naija.

1 Like

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ConqueredWest: 7:31am On Jul 14, 2016
Nellybank:
I no wan know my broda. My only interest is how our oil of which we are suffering oil spillage here in ND managed to get to these parasit states.

But fact must be stated clearly. I don't believe that the ND militants did this because they don't operate like this

5 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 14, 2016
categorically, i dont believe this news... But if by adventure its true... You just invited yourself WAR, and u may as well have just succeeded in the Nigerian 'breakage' you've all been advocating for.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere

11 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ConqueredWest: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2016
Almajiri1:

It could be aggrieved members of APC.Lots of companies will feel this impact in Lagos and ogun.

Even their leader in the West whom has been acting strange shouldn't be overlooked

3 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2016
Ogun
Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Nellybank(m): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Na u dey plan their operations?
ConqueredWest:

But fact must be stated clearly. I don't believe that the ND militants did this because they don't operate like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Beremx(f): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Provide hardcore proof that it is them.

Anyone can do that in the SW.

Look at the way they operated, did it have any signature of the usual militant group
I should provide hardcore proof abi? You're not serious!

Don't you think the way they operated is different from their usual ways because the location isn't in the Niger Delta and there are no creeks to hide? You think well or you just wanna be ignorant.

9 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2016
This speaks to sympathizer and collabors within nnpc Etal.

Tribal Profiling loading

1 Like

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2016
I think a lecture on the effect of oil spillage should be done here as usual.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by Almajiri1: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Even their leader in the West whom has been acting strange shouldn't be overlooked
Not when a rapist is lurking to prey and impregnate his wife with Omo Ale.

9 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2016
Militancy is slowly spreading to the southwest

24 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ConqueredWest: 7:38am On Jul 14, 2016
Beremx:
I should provide hardcore proof abi? You're not serious!

Don't you think the way they operated is different from their usual ways because the location isn't in the Niger Delta and there are no creeks to hide? You think well or you just wanna be ignorant.

Now ask yourself this question.

Where is the best point to kill a tree.? Root or Branch

Oil flow: Root(ND) and Branch(SW)

11 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by OXYZ: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Now ask yourself this question.

Where is the best point to kill a tree.? Root or Branch

Oil flow: Root(ND) and Branch(SW)
your logic is faulty, oil pipelines are like arteries, no matter where you break them from it will still affect the heart/source.

15 Likes

Re: Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari by ouigy99(m): 7:44am On Jul 14, 2016
chemicalDisease:
NDA south west branch grin
Funny enough, some people do not know that ondo state is part of Niger delta, and has militants too.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS / APC Governors In Enugu Over Herdsmen Attack / How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.