Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding (1551 Views)

Mi O Gbo Yoruba. Deal With It!!!!!! / Whose Name Should Comes First On A Wedding Invitation.(bride's Or Groom'name). / "gbo Ri E Ko Foka Si Be" By D.j Zeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by mammamia(f): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2009
Does anyone have any advice/strategies on how to prevent mo gbo, mo yas from attending a wedding? For those who don't know what mo gbo, mo ya is, that's people who are not invited to a wedding, hear about it and think it's ok to just turn up.
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by posakosa(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
Have a LIST OF GUESTS AT THE DOOR. Then have a BIG and HUGE SECURITY MAN send people who are not on the list away.

NO EXCEPTIONS. angry angry angry
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by mammamia(f): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2009
That's what i thought but will that work in Naija? Before you know what's happening, you will hear that you've offended your mum's cousin's aunty's sister's father's nephew! grin

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2009
no, I dont have any ideas besides eloping.
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by posakosa(m): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2009
mammamia:

That's what i thought but will that work in Naija? Before you know what's happening, you will hear that you've offended your mum's cousin's aunty's sister's father's nephew! grin

hahahaahaha! they are not on the list, they are not there noo ni,

Once you start receiving phone calls "Blame it on the Security guard" and stick to your script. grin grin
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by ifyalways(f): 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2009
Mo gbo,Mo ya is darn funny.
I hope u are not guilty of gate crashing cos if u or urs have been attending occasions without invitation then expect same gesture from fellow Mo gbo,Mo yas cheesy
Seriously,Get and mount mean looking guards at the reception venue,no IV no entrance.
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by vanitty: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2009
You will definately offend some people. Those distant distant relatives you don't even know might be the culprit.
Besides I really don't suscribe to guest list and name-checking bouncers in a Nigeria wedding. Seems somehow  undecided
your option is not to "shout", do a very quiet quiet wedding. Close family only.
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by mammamia(f): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2009
Yes i want to do small wedding but if you invite A and he tells B, C & D about it, they will think they can attend even though they never received an invite and you never told them personally to come.
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by mammamia(f): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2009
no, I dont have any ideas besides eloping.

if i elope, my family will kill me and will never speak to my husband again smiley.

Someone suggested I invent a fictional reception venue and send this one to the people i don't want and keep the real reception venue address under tight wraps and on a need to know basis only. Na Wedding Planning James Bond style be that grin
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by nana(f): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2009
Have a low-key wedding!
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2009
People have long memories especially when they feel they've been slighted.

Instead of planning two separate receptions, you might as well just go ahead and have one reception with everyone in attendance, unless you have solid reasons not to. Do you feel your relatives will embarrass you or something? Money clearly doesn't seem to be the problem here.

You can just try to do a quiet wedding though some will still be offended if they feel you dont consider them good enough to invite to your nuptials.

I've never heard of a quiet Nigerian wedding in Nigeria but not saying it cant happen wink
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by agathamari(f): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2009
my biggest concern was getting people to show up on time and not whnever they dam well pleased
Re: How To Stop Mo Gbo, Mo Ya (Intruders) From Sneaking Into A Wedding by tck2000(m): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
lol

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Girls That Uncivilized? / Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? / Awori Were The First Settlers In Lagos. - Anibaba, Ex-ican President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.