Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

What Oil Bunkry Thief Said About His Mother After Being Captured (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Oil Bunkry Thief Said About His Mother After Being Captured (photo) (1169 Views)

Young Man Kills His Mother In Benin City, Smashes Her Head Open. Graphic Pics / Lagos traffic Robbers captured by Rapid Response Officers (Photos) / Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Oil Bunkry Thief Said About His Mother After Being Captured (photo) by Vabadonsblog(m): 8:39am On Jul 14, 2016
An oil bunkery thief, Chemede Anre alongside his members has been arrested by the Lagos State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in Ikeja in an attempt to move 86 drums of petrol, suspected to have been siphoned from vandalised pipelines of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to Benin Republic

The 19-year-old fisherman who said his mother involved him into the business was paraded on Wednesday along with five other accomplices – Ibrahim Kwenu, 23; Savig Videjon, 20; Celestine Soru, 20; Simon Posu, 22, and 21-year-old Lekan Wesu.

According to him, “I am a fisherman, but it has been very difficult to catch fish in the sea these days because of drought. When it became difficult to take care of my family, my mother introduced me to Savie.

“He (Savie) asked me to help him transport the fuel from Badagry to Asipa in Seme. I invited five other fishermen to carry out the job and he promised to give us N4,000 each after the deal. We were on the way to deliver the product to him when we were arrested. I know what I did was wrong and I regret my action. It was hunger that forced me into it.”

The other suspects equally blamed drought for their involvement in the act.

Videjon explained that his friend, Kwenu, connected him with Anre, saying he was not aware of the nature of the deal until the boat took off.

Kwenu said, “I am married with two children. Chemede (Anre) informed me that there was a trip that would fetch us money and since I had been idle, I agreed to go. I also invited Videjon. It was when the boat was about leaving the shore that I knew it was fuel we wanted to transport.”

Kwenu was, however, silent when asked why he did not back out from the trip when he discovered what was involved.

However, the NSCDC Commandant in Lagos State, Tajudeen Balogun, said their surveillance led to their capture. Also mentioning that the main masterminds will be arrested as well

“Our marine unit has been on surveillance in the Badagry area for some time. The officers recovered 86 drums of 250 litres each filled with petrol, totalling 21,250 litres. Ten empty drums and one wooden boat were also recovered from the suspects.

“Investigation revealed that the product was being transported to the Republic of Benin. We plan to arrest their mastermind so that we can curb this economic sabotage,” he said.

Source: http://www.vabadon.com/2016/07/what-oil-bunkry-thief-said-about-his.html?m=1

Re: What Oil Bunkry Thief Said About His Mother After Being Captured (photo) by locosis007(m): 8:40am On Jul 14, 2016
DID HE BLAME BUHARI??!!

NO....

I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BLAME IT ON THE HARDSHIP OF THE ECONOMY.

DISAPPOINTED.. COS THESE DAYS ECONOMY IS AN EXCUSE FOR MANY THINGS.
Re: What Oil Bunkry Thief Said About His Mother After Being Captured (photo) by Sexytemi(f): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2016
locosis007:
DID HE BLAME BUHARI??!!

NO....

I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BLAME IT ON THE HARDSHIP OF THE ECONOMY.

DISAPPOINTED.. COS THESE DAYS ECONOMY IS AN EXCUSE FOR MANY THINGS.

Why will they blame buhari when they are beninoise.
Re: What Oil Bunkry Thief Said About His Mother After Being Captured (photo) by ogoplus: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2016
Name Checking Mode Activated >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye’s RCCG Church Are Now Promoting The MMM Program CBN Called Fraud / Notorious Thief Who Uses Special Device To Steal Cars Busted; See Him Smiling / News: Lagos State Police Paraded Armed Robbers, Ritualist, Thieves Etc.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.