Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,062 members, 7,852,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos (740 Views)

SSANU, NAAT, NASU Suspend Three Months Strike / Lautech Students Protesting Prolonged Workers' Strike (Photos) / LAUTECH 5 Months Strike Anniversary Cake By A Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by MaQuin(f): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2016
Students of the Kogi State University (Ksu) on Thursday barricaded the main entrance leading to the state capital Lokoja, to protest the continued strike by their lecturers.

The students, who were in large numbers, requested to have audience with Gov.Yahaya Bello over their grievances.

speaking with some of the protesting students they said that the strike has stalled academic activities in the institution

The lecturers embarked on the strike just few days to exams

“We call on the governor to end the strike now because our future is at stake.

“we are really tired of the whole situation because our colleagues in other institutions are almost through with their Academic session we are lagging behind"

Some of the placards displayed by the protesters read, “Education is fundamental human right" “We are frustrated at home since the strike;’’ “Our future is now tampered.” KSU must "Reopen" "yahaya bello /ASUU please end strike"
it would be recalled that on the 2nd of July 2016 the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) gave the state government a 7 days ultimatum to Reopen the institution or else they will shut down the state capital
The lecturers embarked on an indefinite strike April 14th 2016 following a 5months Salary owed by the state government.
see pictures from the protest below

http://www.maquinsblog.com/2016/07/students-of-kogi-state-university-take.html?m=1

Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by MaQuin(f): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2016
more

Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 8:59am On Jul 14, 2016
I cannor cry for anybody ooooo•••2months still counting my own sch still de on hold•••i still de huz,plate self don taya me to wash••••Auchi poly SES awfa? Naija yaff taya me
Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by modestofynest(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2016
Niger delta University (N. D. U) una no go see wetin una colleagues they do for Kogi and take a leave from them na to come social media begin create different hash tags #endNDU etc

Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by MrRhymes101(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2016
Chai! See what they have turned our youths to

Don't like my post, I'm ugly
Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by photoshoot(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2016
Ish! This is serious oh, even my school protested weeks back, which way naija education na
Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by MaQuin(f): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2016
Cc;Mynd44
Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by blezzy080: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2016
#REOPENKSU.. embarassed
Re: Breaking:Kogi Varsity Students Shut Down Lokoja Over three months Strike -Photos by MaQuin(f): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2016
An Injustice Somewhere Is A Threat To Justice Everywhere.
‪#‎ReopenKSU

(1) (Reply)

For UTME Candidates Who Haven’t Been Posted, This Might Give You Hope!! / Important Of Education In Life / ESUT UTME Admission Screening Application Form 2016/2017 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.