Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja (22201 Views)

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review / MTN 4G Speedtest Here Abuja / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by thunder74(m): 7:00am On Jul 15, 2016
This was mine (ntel) in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by serege(m): 7:04am On Jul 15, 2016
Divide that speed by 8 to get the real speed in kB/s

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by 400billionman: 7:05am On Jul 15, 2016
Make i just comment..

Okay..
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by NaLaugh: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2016
donspero:
75mbps dats like 20sec for 1gb download, abj loading :D75mbps dats like 20sec for 1gb download, abj loading

Not really. For two reasons.

1. Megabits and Megabytes are two different things. 75 megabits per second (which is what you see there) = 9.37 Megabytes per second.

2. Speedtest.net values are usually closer to what your plan states, rather than the true upload and download performance.
e.g My home cable internet (Comcast) is 105mbps down. Speedtest.net shows around 90mbps when tested, but when a true test is done, it amounts to about 50mbps.

By true test I mean a speed test site where it actually downloads and uploads a large file to your browser to test its true speed.

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2016
You people abuse the use of phones. See the total number of apps you were powering same time on that phone. SMH. How would such phone last five months ? lipsrsealed
thunder74:
This was mine (ntel) in Lagos
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by sorextee(m): 7:11am On Jul 15, 2016
U mean specranet offer free browsing at midnight? Let me go and dust my router out then.

herzern:

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 15, 2016
Targaeryian:
That is fast...

Fastest ive downloaded anything was 2.3Mb/s using Airtel.

16.3Mb/s? In this Naija?

WTF!!! shocked

But at what cost?

Lol, even Mtn with 3g dey get 18mb/s.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2016
fastjett:
Menh that is dam slow, ipNX service is still the best for now see the speed below

Ipnx is a fixed wired network bro. If all things are equal a wireless 4g LTE can never be as fast as a wired internet.

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by thunder74(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
You people abuse the use of phones. See the total number of apps you were powering same time on that phone. SMH. How would such phone last five months ? lipsrsealed
Educate me please, where did you see that in the picture I attached?
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by samclet(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2016
herzern:

I think Airtel is the slowest while Etisalat is the data vampire among them Glo is trying in my area, though.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Spells(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2016
Following, alongside observing. *sips ma hot sayi
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by 2tek: 7:18am On Jul 15, 2016
NTEL has opened office in Lagos at the military barracks shopping plaza at falomo after falomo round about, on ur way to southern sun hotel.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by farihafaheemah(m): 7:18am On Jul 15, 2016
mradjoy:

ipNX does not have unlimited plan on paper, but their plans are secretly unlimited because they won't kick you out even after exhausting your monthly allocated bandwidth. Got that?

Obviously you don't exhaust ur monthly allocated bandwidth, if you do, u will know better. They've kicked my ass ous time without number
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by masciv: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2016
donspero:
75mbps dats like 20sec for 1gb download, abj loading :D75mbps dats like 20sec for 1gb download, abj loading

Mbps=Mega Bits Per Second...Not Mega bytes per second

No deceive yourself o

That's just about 7.2mega bytes per second. Not as fast as you're thinking.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by gistsky: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2016
Is it avail in PH?
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by zealz4u(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2016
I pray it works so that other networks would sit up.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by gbaskiboy: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2016
GloShare:
Observing
from Mango tree or ugwu tree
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by cirmuell(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
And don't be surprised if he comes here tomorrow to open a thread about how a network's 4GB is 200MB in disguise..and how the zapping rate is too fast. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 15, 2016
masciv:

Mbps=Mega Bits Per Second...Not Mega bytes per second

No deceive yourself o

That's just about 7.2mega bytes per second. Not as fast as you're thinking.

75mbps is still an overkill in Nigeria bro, that is fast (and yes I know it is megabits per second which is the standard unit for measuring internet speed). Oh and when u convert it is is actually 9.3 megabytes per second... u think that is not fast enough? Mtn, glo, etisalat and airtel will struggle to see a quarter of that speed. Even spectranet at their peak is around 36mbps. At the moment the only wireless network that can give u that speed in Nigeria is ntel and it depends on ur location.

Even in the US their LTE is slower than ntel, they average around 18mbps and highest at around 36mbps, Singapore has the fastest at around 70mbps. If u want speeds of above 100mbps then that can only be achieved with a wired internet connection and not some gsm or wireless connection.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by richard870(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2016
ThundrCork:
A young man brought the device to my office and hooked it up my network. this thing was amazingly fast even though the signal was just one bar. I think Nigerians can finally boast of internet smiley

Nice marketing.....u 4got 2 add their prices
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by dotbawse: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2016
Spectranet gives you unlimited for 1am-7am and ntel gives you 24hours unlimited....with speed of 62mbps at times or 20mbps with just 1 bar...and ntel is 4G/LTE-A not just spectranet 4G/LTE

comeandmarry:
Don't be deceived, theres nothing like 4g,its only fast cause its limited to certain states n customers.
When it officiallu reaches all states of yhe the federation, e go slow pass glo.
Na only spectranet I respect due to 1am to 7am unlimited tins..

All network are scams.
They reduce price of data and made the browsing speed very slow. Esp mtn,glo and airtel.
Browsing speed na 0KB/s to 100KB/s
For those network

When spectranet dey deliver mb per second

Abegi.scams everywhere.

I af almost 30 gig on glo but e no fit finish cause na gprs speed in a 4G zone.I only browse at nite,cause.d slow speed for day time fit make me break my system in anger
Useless country

Ntel go soon enta gprs speed.
No make dia fake ass Internet speed deceive you o

We r still undeveloped

1 Like

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by DjAndroid: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2016
Mbps is not the same as mBps. Take note.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by fabre4: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2016
ThundrCork:
A young man brought the device to my office and hooked it up my network. this thing was amazingly fast even though the signal was just one bar. I think Nigerians can finally boast of internet smiley

But its restricted to some areas not even all of Abuja and its still 16mb per second that is too slow I get 1mb per second for 3g
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by myklee(m): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2016
quote author=ThundrCork post=47536363]A young man brought the device to my office and hooked it up my network. this thing was amazingly fast even though the signal was just one bar. I think Nigerians can finally boast of internet smiley

****[/quote]
Nobody is talking about not working on all phones. Seriously, I have to buy another because I want to use Ntel. Ntel was tried on 3 phones work on none. A classic blackberry, an Iphone5s and Infinix note. You can use data on Inifinix note but can't make call.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by xtremeidea(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2016
But they still have limited coverage!!!!

I have their sim and paid and never used it cuz theres no signal!
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by blackprowler: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=herzern post=47553815]

God bless you
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by blackprowler: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=herzern post=47553815]

God bless you
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2016
mradjoy:

ipNX does not have unlimited plan on paper, but their plans are secretly unlimited because they won't kick you out even after exhausting your monthly allocated bandwidth. Got that?
do you use Twitter? If so let's connect smiley i am @lepagawu
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by hUmaneOne: 8:33am On Jul 15, 2016
ThundrCork:

Bros you call that speed 4G? I'm ashamed

My MTN 3G is better.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Jayten(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Plz is IPNX in abuja? If Yes, hw good is IPNX here in abj and 4 a kubwa resident at that.
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by JAWBONE(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Targaeryian:
That is fast...

Fastest ive downloaded anything was 2.3Mb/s using Airtel.

16.3Mb/s? In this Naija?

WTF!!! shocked

But at what cost?
It's not 16.3MB/s, its 16.3Mbps i.e. 16.3 megabits per sec. The airtel u r talking of is in Megabytes per sec
Re: Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja by Dejideji1(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2016
donspero:

Oga take it easy,
75Mbps = 9.37MB/s under 20sec you will get 187MB

And that is even a theoretical value, as that may be the peak speed of the network provider and there will definitely be fluctuations.

So practically it may take longer time to download the calculated value above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Huawei Wins Best 5G Core Network Technology Award In London / Tecno Camon CX And Tecno L9 Plus Specifications Battle / Google Maps App Crashes Globally, Leaves Users Frustrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.