Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria (43796 Views)

Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / A Market In Nigeria Where Pythons Are Butchered & Sold As Meat (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by ricki: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Cherishing:
poor donkies easily butchered in pieces, black man's meal is white man's pet. SMH

Wetin hunger de cause sha!

why won't the escaped chimp from the zoo run back to their cage

Who is a white man??
They eat dog in Romania, Poland , Russia german etc including pigs

So also in China Thailand and so on. Now who is the white man u tokin.

Try and go to this places and learn something

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Cherishing(f): 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
ricki:

Who is a white man?? They eat dog in Romania, Poland , Russia german etc including pigs
So also in China Thailand and so on. Now who is the white man u tokin.
Try and go to this places and learn something
Quote me when your aforementions starts speaking English fluently Mr.traveller .
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by gabrielniy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
KINGwax007:
bros, you, together with others who've been saying, 'Nigerians come all over the Nation to buy donkey meat in the North shld stop am, abeg'!

How can someone come from Ogun state or Delta state to come buy donkey meat for one yeye pepper soup? How much he wan sell the plate wey he dey go north go buy meat?

I know of a Chinese woman who sends his guys to the north to get these stuffs. Itz the hide and skin she's interested in. She dries and exports for manufacturers back in China. So they are right, people come from all over.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thank God its barred here in benin
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by jordinsparkles(f): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
No wonder!!!!! so this is why they behave like don....keys
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by EDDYROSY(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
I can remembered where I served in Enugu state, NENWE Village in Aninri L.G.A, that is their best meat. I detest the meat like wetin. My mum even warned me not to eat any meat from there. We use to call it Jacky back then.

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by akigbemaru: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
Donkey meat
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Kbraims(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
op wch market is dis in d north! name pls?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by ogbobo: 2:04am On Jul 16, 2016
Abeg wetin be this again?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Lavendra(f): 6:34am On Jul 16, 2016
it is called Jacki in Abakaliki
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Lavendra(f): 6:35am On Jul 16, 2016
they sell it here in Abakaliki sorry to say but the meat is nasty, and it stinks especially when cooking, I even gave it to my dog and she purged, its so cheap you can get up to 15 pieces for N200. sometimes here in Abakaliki when you go to eat out, they lie that it's cow meat but once you taste the meat you'll know that this isn't cow, it tastes awkward... and the smell of God

2 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by jammy1993(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Hey! where in Akoko? undecidedHey! where in Akoko?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by obontami2: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2016
I'd love to taste that
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by sleekiii: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2016
I served in kano and l can attest to it that they sell donkey and Carmel meat in the market.for almost 6months into my service year l didn't eat meat l was only eating fish until l was told the difference between cow meat and these other mentioned meats.donkey and Carmel meat are always very reddish they retain lots of blood unlike cow meat.most times all these kilishi,Danbu nama are Carmel n donkey meat
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by lebete3000: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Genea:
The quality control here is very poor. We are at risks of being highly infected...

Don't tell me a cutie like you eats donkeys?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Genea(f): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
lebete3000:

Don't tell me a cutie like you eats donkeys?
nope, but for those dah eat it, they are at risk of infections

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Baroba(m): 9:14am On Jul 18, 2016
Lavendra:
they sell it here in Abakaliki sorry to say but the meat is nasty, and it stinks especially when cooking, I even gave it to my dog and she purged, its so cheap you can get up to 15 pieces for N200. sometimes here in Abakaliki when you go to eat out, they lie that it's cow meat but once you taste the meat you'll know that this isn't cow, it tastes awkward... and the smell of God

Shocking.. My mum told me the same, some unscrupulous meat sellers are now mixing donkey meat with beef , selling it to innocent buyers.. Abakiliki must rank as the donkey consumption headquarters in Nigeria..I will rather go vegetarian than taste Jaki meat,nasty stuff..tufiakwa
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by sylve11: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
Bondesniger:

that is pure wickedness
in Islam it it not good to eat donkey because of it monthly period like women do

Wow! shocked cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / How I Made Chicken Stew Out Of The Blues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.