Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Minimizing Cost On The Kids During This Summer Holiday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minimizing Cost On The Kids During This Summer Holiday (528 Views)

Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) / How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Minimizing Cost On The Kids During This Summer Holiday by TFAwomanhood(f): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Summer is here again.One of the biggest issues parent face during the summer holiday is the fact that their kids are home all day.With the school out they need entertaining and it can be expensive because they tend to eat a lot as well.
Not everyone can also afford to travel out on summer with the kids and the current economic situation is not even helping matters but not to worry there are few ways you can adopt to help take some of the stress out and keep everyone happy without needing to spend a fortune.

But before I go into that sadly some children don't know it's a holiday as they have to attend summer schools which deprive them of the joy of visiting fun places or spending the holidays with families and loved ones.
In my opinion I believe an holiday should be an holiday the essence of school holiday should be the time for children to rest their brain, play among themselves,help with chores or follow their mum to shops if they are the business mom.

I understand some working mom and the fact because of security reason can't entrust their wards with house helps but I believe children love to enjoy the moment and resume back to school sharing the memories with their friends.If at all you want them to attend summer classes you can spare out two weeks of their break so they can have something to enjoy.
1. Going Places

There may be lots of places in your local area that your family can enjoy cheap or at affordable rates eg going to the park, taking them to swim, visiting the museum or you can even visit the local library as well.

2. Staying Home

Depending on your profession maybe you are a teacher,business woman or a stay at home mom you might be stuck at home that doesn't mean anyone has to be bored. Just map out a timetable here are few examples

.Arrange a movie day
Endeavor to get their favorite film,engage them to watch and let them tell you what they learnt from it.

.Cooking Day
Pick a recipe with your kid cook what you will enjoy depending on the child age and interest.if you are the baking mum engage them let them learn one or two things in the kitchen.i watched a baking competition with kids on the tv and I was impressed.It all starts from now.

.Creative Day
Make things together, ask them what craft or skills they know or learnt from school.let them teach you or you teach them something children tends to learn fast and love to deal with task.

Drama Day
Encourage the kids or also invite their friends to put on a play or magic show they can even use a dress up clothes if you have a camera you can even film it for great memories.

3. Encourage Boredom
We all want our children to develop curiosity about the natural world but it's never going to happen if you distract them with engaging trips all the time let them stare at their shoes at times,boredom will drive them to invent games of their own which in turn will lead to enhanced creativity, increased self confidence and most cases a house turned upside down a small price to pay for keeping them bored.

4.Load The Home
Children tend to eat more at this time even if they will be attending summer classes.you can pack it for them instead of going out to buy ready made food at higher rates,buy potatoes for chips plantain for plantain chips,maize for popcorn,fruits for freshly prepared juice or smoothie,there is zobo drink or soya drink if you can bake make pastries for them all this will help save cost.

You can even have an indoor picnic lay out the table cloth on the floor for lunch.kids think it's a big treat to do every day in a special place.
Am sure all this will get your kids excited, save your pockets and also make your kids think out of the box and also a period for you as a parent to assess your wards and mould them better in other areas aside schooling.

Don't say am too local o Nigerian economy is not helping matters so am trying to save cost for the moms.
And if you think they might be forgetting their school work incase they are not in summer lesson you can sit them down in the evening and coach them.Hope you find this useful.

(1) (Reply)

Help And Advice Urgently Needed To Overcome Premature Death In The Family / Seriously.! How My Wife Chased Me Away And Brought Her Lover Who Impregnated Her / Lawyer Agrees To Divorce Wife, Demands N400,000 Dowry Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.