Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Hidden truth about Igbo - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hidden truth about Igbo (36922 Views)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / See What I Saw On Facebook About Igbo / What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Nawa4nl: 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
aressssa:
[s][/s]

Talking about injustice and spewing hate and bigotry are 2 different things.

You are a hate peddling bigot..

No be Fashola deport Igbo's from Lagos?

No be una Oba threaten Igbo people?

Is that not hate?

Now the same people u hate want out and anybody that agree's with their cry to you is IPOB.

Since you hate the Igbo's so badly why are you desperate to keep them?

One guy answered it well below!

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid the igbos will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

Una dey fear the South-East & South-South!
Well una choose the North, so enjoy am, while we enjoy the industrious South-East grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
[s]
Nawa4nl:

Is that not hate?

Now the same people u hate want out and anybody that agree's with their cry to you is IPOB.

Well una choose the North, so enjoy am, while we enjoy the industrious South-East grin grin grin

[/s]

LASG relocated people to their states including Yoruba states so what's special and different about you?

Oba of Lagos read you your rights so stop crying. Learn not to be anti social in other people's land...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Nawa4nl: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
aressssa:
[s][/s]

LASG relocated people to their states including Yoruba states so what's special and different about you?

Oba of Lagos read you your rights so stop crying. Learn not to be anti social in other people's land...
You are all tribalist that's why you want the igbo's out of lagos but are too scared for them to leave!

6 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by felicitywe(m): 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
JoSaintiago:
History of the Igbo race in the academic field.

•The first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan was an Igbo man named Professor Kenneth Dike.

•The first Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku.

•The first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology was also an Igbo man
The first Nigerian Professor of Mathematics was an Igbo man named Professor Chike Obi – the man who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem. He was followed by another Igbo man named Professor James Ezeilo, Professor of Differential Calculus and the founder of the Ezeilo Constant.

The first Nigerian professor of history was an Igbo man Professor Kenneth Dike who also became the first black vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan.

The first Nigerian Professor of Botany was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku. He went on to become the very first vice chancellor of the university of LAGOS.

The first Nigerian Professor of Anatomy and Physiology is Professor Chike Edozien an Igbo man who is also the current Obi of Asaba.
The first Nigerian Professor of Physics was Professor Okoye an Igbo man who became a Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in 1960.

He was followed by the likes of Professor Alexander Anumalu who has been nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics three times for his research in Intermediate Quantum Physics.
In Nuclear Physics and Chemistry – again another Igbo man – Professor Frank Ndili who gained a Ph.D in his early ’20s at Cambridge Univesity in Nuclear Physics and Chemistry in the early ’60s. This young Asaba man had made a First Class in Physics and Mathematics at the then University College Ibadan in the early ’50s.

First Professor of Statistics – Professor Adichie who’s research on Non-Parametric Statistics led to new areas in statistical research.

What about the first Nigerian Professor of Medicine – Professor Kodilinye – he was appointed a Professor of Medicine at the University of London in 1952. He later became the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka after the war.

What about Astronomy – again another Igbo man was the first Professor of Astronomy – please, look up Professor Ntukoju – he was the first to earn a double Ph.D in Astronomy and Mathematics.

Let’s go to the Social Sciences – Demography and statistical research into population studies – again another Igbo man – Professor Okonjo who set up the first Centre for Population Research in Ibadan in the early ’60s. A double Ph.D in Mathematics and Economics.

Philosophy – Professor G D Okafor, who became a Professor of Philosophy at the Amherst College USA in 1953.

Economics – Dr. Pius Okigbo who became a visiting scholar and Professor of Economics at the University of London in 1954. He is also the first Nigerian Ph.D in Economics.

Theology and theological research – Professor Njoku who became the first Nigerian to earn a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast in Ireland. He was appointed a Professor of Theology at the University College Zambia in 1952.

The Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) has a record of the state with the highest number of professors in Nigeria and as at 2014 that state is Imo State. You can go to this commission and verify.

Anambra state was the first in WAEC, UNITY SCHOOLS ENTERANCE EXAMS, NECO AND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Therefore, whenever some people address you Igbos as mere traders and Keke riders, tell them that in addition to doing very well in business, science, technology and SPORTS you are also ahead in academia. No amount of hatred can change blessings from God.
OP we knw all dese.we also knw d reason 4 d hate by our brothers in Nigeria.Igbos r destinct no doubt but we Igbos dont lk blowing our achievements which i dislike as well.D fact dat d Yorubas&others abuse us does nt mean we shud behave lk dem.pls OP forget all dese,lets keep living peaceful as we v been doing.We shud nt bc of others infect our new Igbo youths wt pride dat will lead 2 laziness.We lv Nigerians,Ghanaians etc as we ask 4 Biafra.
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Femiwilli: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
aressssa:
[s][/s]

Fashola forcefully deported igbo people from Lagos!

The Oba was tribalist as all you Yoruba's are!

The tribalism emanating from you is terrible!

4 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YungBosco: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Why would he cry when his people are soaring high?
make i hear say im ppl dey soar high.dats a mere self decit
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Femiwilli: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
felicitywe:
OP we knw all dese.we also knw d reason 4 d hate by our brothers in Nigeria.Igbos r destinct no doubt but we Igbos dont lk blowing our achievements which i dislike as well.D fact dat d Yorubas&others abuse us does nt mean we shud behave lk dem.pls OP forget all dese,lets keep living peaceful as we v been doing.We shud nt bc of others infect our new Igbo youths wt pride dat will lead 2 laziness.We lv Nigerians,Ghanaians etc as we ask 4 Biafra.

Igbo people please understand why the South-West hate you.
A guy explained it below!

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid the igbos will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM IS JEALOUSY

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YungBosco: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Ibos don't pay taxes.

[img]http://itsabouthimdotorg.files./2014/09/put-trash-in-can.jpg[/img]
i kno u kno the truth bout igbos & lagos buh shame no go let u go silent.buh till thy kingdom come,igbos own lagos.Ambode even knoz dat.ITS A FACT
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Femiwilli:

Igbo people please understand why the South-West hate you.
A guy explained it below!

THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM IS JEALOUSY

Ibos envy Yorubas. You lots support anything against Yorubas and the SW.

Your envy stems from the fear that Yorubas will always be better than you.

Continue creating fake IDs. It feeds our greatness.

5 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
YungBosco:
i kno u kno the truth bout igbos & lagos buh shame no go let u go silent.buh till thy kingdom come,igbos own lagos.Ambode even knoz dat.ITS A FACT

Lmao.
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Femiwilli:

Fashola forcefully deported igbo people from Lagos!

The Oba was tribalist as all you Yoruba's are!

The tribalism emanating from you is terrible!

Fashola deported Yorubas, Ibos and many Nigerians.

When Biafra comes, expect mass deportation.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
[s]
Nawa4nl:

You are all tribalist that's why you want the igbo's out of lagos but are too scared for them to leave!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gFIafL6?1[/img]
[/s]

Crying Igbos bore me... grin

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nawa4nl:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gFIafL6.jpg?1img]

Tell us how Yorubas are scared to allow you to leave. Your Ibo peeps are even begging you to move to the east. Yorubas aren't holding you down. Are they your slave masters?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nawa4nl:

Is that not hate?

You better expect mass deportation soon cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Henrydone: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Etogist:
Awolowo will be crying wherever he is. He will be like after all i deed to keep this people down yet they are soaring higher.
Mteew i just have to tell u this Dr nathaniel thomas(1st medical doctor in nigeria) isaac oluwole is the 1st nigerian lawyer kolapo hamzat 1st female doctor adegoke 1st professor in mathematics in africa momodu mosabaloje 1st african professor in geology dele olojede the 1st and yet only african to win the pulitzen prize abimbola jayeola 1st female helicopter pilot jade akande 1st professor of law in west africa kofo ademola the 1st african lady to recieve undergraduate degree in oxford university taslim eliasis 1st african to the president the world court this are just fews.
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Ngozi123(f): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
HalfTruth:

Lolol abeg na una sabi. Na only Ibo men dey concern themselves with ibo chics marrying yoruba men. Pele.

I'm an Igbo girl and I can confirm for you that the majority of Igbo girls will prefer to marry an Igbo guy over a guy from the Yoruba or any other ethnic group. Don't mistake Igbo women giving attention to Yoruba and other tribesmen as them choosing them over Igbo men. They're only being pragmatic; if a Yoruba guy is ready for marriage and an Igbo man is not, they will choose the Yoruba guy. This doesn't mean that they don't like Igbo men or even that they prefer Yoruba men. There are some exceptions but this is how most Igbo women reason.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by AmuDimpka: 12:43am On Jul 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

I'm an Igbo girl and I can confirm for you that the majority of Igbo girls will prefer to marry an Igbo guy over a guy from the Yoruba or any other ethnic group. Don't mistake Igbo women giving attention to Yoruba and other tribesmen as them choosing them over Igbo men. They're only being pragmatic; if a Yoruba guy is ready for marriage and an Igbo man is not, they will choose the Yoruba guy. This doesn't mean that they don't like Igbo men or even that they prefer Yoruba men. There are some exceptions but this is how most Igbo women reason.

But I don't get it

Why are Yoruba guys not marrying their ladies

And they don't eat their foods
They will go for Calabar or igbo restaurant to eat

Even ooni dumped his Yoruba wife

Why

4 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by AmuDimpka: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2016
Henrydone:
Mteew i just have to tell u this Dr nathaniel thomas(1st medical doctor in nigeria) isaac oluwole is the 1st nigerian lawyer kolapo hamzat 1st female doctor adegoke 1st professor in mathematics in africa momodu mosabaloje 1st african professor in geology dele olojede the 1st and yet only african to win the pulitzen prize abimbola jayeola 1st female helicopter pilot jade akande 1st professor of law in west africa kofo ademola the 1st african lady to recieve undergraduate degree in oxford university taslim eliasis 1st african to the president the world court this are just fews.

I get am before no be property

But Igbo was your teacher
The very first vc OF UI and unilag

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Ngozi123(f): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2016
AmuDimpka:

But I don't get it

Why are Yoruba guys not marrying their ladies

And they don't eat their foods
They will go for Calabar or igbo restaurant to eat

Even ooni dumped his Yoruba wife

Why

Most Yoruba men still marry Yoruba women but I don't feel that they appreciate them, at least on Nairaland, as much as their Igbo counterparts do with us Igbo women. I've seen more Yoruba men on here praise Igbo women and women from other tribes than Yoruba women. I know that it's just a vocal minority but it's still a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by AmuDimpka: 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

Most Yoruba men still marry Yoruba women but I don't feel that they appreciate them, at least on Nairaland, as much as their Igbo counterparts do with us Igbo women. I've seen more Yoruba men on here praise Igbo women and women from other tribes than Yoruba women. I know that it's just a vocal minority but it's still a shame.

It's a big shame
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Sirsubway1: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
Iboes have been disgraced again on this thread. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 7lives: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
AmuDimpka:

It's a big shame

Of course its a big shame, while Igbo women are contented to play sales girls for their husbands in 2x2 shop, Yoruba women would rather have her own business and be self independent.
Igbo girls have taken a peep into the future and see that the customs and tradition of their folks have no place for women, they saw Yoruba land as a place where WOMEN GET MOUTH, women been respected in Yoruba land since the days of female Ooni Luwo Gbagida.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by obowunmi(m): 12:22am On Aug 17, 2016
SONofYORUBA:
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Founder of awpnetwork.com[/size]

Mary Olushoga is founder of awpnetwork.com, a platform powering small business success for African entrepreneurs. [size=14pt]She is a 2015 Vital Voices Global Leadership Fellow, the first-ever GOOD Maker/Oxfam America International Women’s Day Challenge Winner[/size], a Nigeria Leadership Initiative (NLI) Associate, and an Oxfam America Sisters on the Planet Ambassador.

Olushoga received a bachelor’s degree from Union College in Schenectady, New York and a Master of Science degree from Baruch College. She has served as a Public Policy Fellow at the University at Albany, Center for Women in Government and Civil Society and participated in the Sub-Saharan African Women In Public Service Fall Institute. Olushoga has featured on BBC World News, Black Enterprise, iwantherjob.com, AFK Insider, Applause Africa, BET Networks, and has presented her work on women entrepreneurs at the Columbia University Africa Economic Forum, the United States Department of Labor Strategy Meeting on Inclusion, Entrepreneurship, and Disability, W!se Institute, the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, the United Nations ECOSOC Youth Employment Forum, and the Rockefeller.

na was ooo shocked shocked
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by rlauncher(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
kettykin:

Thank you for this video ,any body and any mad person can come up with a video and upload it in YouTube and post it on nairaland, HOw does that make Clinton or CNN a liar. also be reminded that Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs do not have an undergraduate degree not to talk of PhD degree .

Ken olisa is still the most powerful black British, Angie nwandu is still one of the most influential people in the internet, okonjo iweala was and is still one of the most influential people in the world and one of the most powerful women in the world.

All those guys don't contribute anything to our economy. Okonjo help destroy it.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by mightyhazell: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
Chai! Yor0bas and inferiority complex! Just mention anytin igbo and see dem scale in from every angle,salivating like hungry hyenas.just see as dese agberos derail dis great thread on igbo spectacular achievements and prosperity,posting about tailors,small business owners plus their never ending litany of rogues who defrauded nigeria left ,right and centre. Chai! Dese pl grin

4 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by NeuroBoss(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
This was a TKO! Thanks for setting the record straight. You have not mentioned Dr. Ola Orekunrin, founder and C.E.O, Flying Doctors. Kumbi of Sesewa, Adepeju Jaiyeoba of Motherkits Limited

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Fayose Removes PDP Name & Logo From Campaign Office & Billboards / Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / New Naira Notes: Protesters Block Roads In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.