Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,178 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Why Were The So Called Igbos In The South South Absent At Ohaneze Forum? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Were The So Called Igbos In The South South Absent At Ohaneze Forum? (823 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: "Operation Python Dance In The South-East Not Acceptable" / Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Were The So Called Igbos In The South South Absent At Ohaneze Forum? by Aldrickay: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
If there are igbos in Delta and Rivers as claim by some of you, why could we not find Atleast one of the assumed igbos in Rivers and Delta present at Ohaneze Forum at Imo state?

And if anyone of them was present please state his full name and local government area with source to backup your claim.

I rest my case....

No insults, comment politely
Re: Why Were The So Called Igbos In The South South Absent At Ohaneze Forum? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
only a biafran would claim such.. My friend granny na ibo, she no dey talk anything like dat after howmany years wey she node claim dat stuff.. quote me at ur own RISK!
Re: Why Were The So Called Igbos In The South South Absent At Ohaneze Forum? by RedboneSmith(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
I can see that the people who this thread was made for have decided to leave it for you. I wanted to leave it too but let me just say one or two things.

1. I don't undastand how you expect people who were not at the event to have a full list of attendees and be able to tell who was Delta or Rivers or who was not. The few attendees you will find their names in the media are only prominent well-known people.

2. Nevertheless, by going through the few posts on NL that talked about this forum in Imo State, I found one prominent Delta man's name there. Retired Colonel Joe Oseloka Achuzie. Col Joe Achuzia is from Oshimili South LGA in Delta, and is an Ohaneze Ndigbo stalwart. I believe he is the past National Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

3. If what you are trying to prove here is that nobody from Delta or Rivers associates with Ohaneze, then you could not be more wrong.

4. While I do not know who and who was at the meeting in Imo State, I do know for a fact that there are Rivers and Delta membership within Ohaneze.

5. For example, the last time I was informed an Ikwerre man from Isiokpo in Ikwere LGA, Prince Igo Okparanma was President of Ohaneze Ndigbo in Rivers State http://nigerianewspoint.com/bulk-vote-ohaneze-rivers-yet-to-endorse-candidates/

6. Another Ikwere man was the Deputy Secretary General of Ohaneze. Chief Isaac Wonwu. http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2014/04/21/2015-ndigbo-join-presidential-race-as-ndigbo-in-rivers-state-restates-there-igboness
The article above mAkes reference to him. He is currently a vice president of Ohaneze. Chief Isaac Wonwu is a politician Ikwerre/Emohua Constituency, and is a well known figure. Look him up. Look up Ajoku Alerechi and Uche Okwukwu, too.

7. Do i need to say that the last President-General of Ohaneze was a Delta man from Ogwashiuku. Late Ambassador Ralph Uwechue?

8. At the end of the day, it is a fact that many people from those areas do not want to have anything to do with Ohaneze or Igbo. But dont suggest that no
Delta or Rivers man is in Ohaneze because that one is also a lie.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Oba Of Benin Was Crowned On His Birthday / Parents Marry Their 3-year-old Twins To Each Other “to Avoid Bad Luck” (PHOTOS) / Is It Risky To Give Alms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.