Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster (1375 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery / What You Do Everyday That Spoil Your Mobile Phone Battery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by joey150(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2016
Remember the good old days of Nokia,when you could charge your phone every once in 3 days and not have to worry about having a low battery. When all we almost ever did was answer a call or make one, at worst send a text.
With the coming of smartphones, battery drain has remained a huge problem due to the many features crammed into a small 5 inch gadget.

Here are some of the less obvious battery leachers you may have not noticed on your smartphone.

Facebook App
Yes, Mark has to really do something about his mobile app, facebook mobile app is power draining and ram hungry, even if you are a very partial user. Thanks to its very active background activity, the facebook app constantly refreshes even when your phone is idle.
It is recommended that you uninstall the app and stick to the web version, if at all you have any cause to manage your battery usage you should do the needful.
Hopefully Mark and his team resolves the issue quickly.

Automatic Syncing
If you set your phone to automatically sync with your Microsoft accounts,gmail,skype,google plus e.t.c this could be the cause of a major battery drain,as your phone continuously searches for updates on all those platforms. And even when you leave your phone idle, it is never really idle. It is advised that you switch off auto sync and do it manually or set it to sync periodically.

You Are Using Free Apps with Ads
Yes we all like the free app. But it is packed with ads and terrible pop-ups here and there, apps that are packed with ads use 33% more battery juice. So be wise when choosing not to buy your favourite game from playstore.

Also Read Here Popular Battery Myths Debunked

Think wallpaper....Think dark
If your phone uses an OLED screen like most samsung galaxy series, using a brightly coloured wallpaper will eventually and gradually suck your battery juice. This is because OLED screens lights up each pixels automatically,so brighter colours will need more power. So the darker the better.

100% Is Not The Safest
A little strange but true, its always seems like the right thing to leave your phone plugged in till it hits 100%, but according to tech experts, your battery fares better within the 40-80% range. So leaving it around this range through out the day is the ideal choice. Which means plugging your phone almost all the time.
This one is a bit weird!

Poor Network Reception
If you are in a bad network reception range,your battery life is going to feel all the extra work,as your phone would work twice as hard to maintain cellular connection, and with frequent disconnection, it has to search twice as much for service. If you favour music or game over cellular network.. You just may consider putting your phone on flight mode when in a poor network reception area.

http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/6-other-reasons-why-your-battery-may-be.html?m=1

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by Samzack(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
lemme park here first, op u try
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by joey150(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Samzack:
lemme park here first, op u try
hope no be keke you dey try park here?
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by Kxngstein(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
joey150:

Think wallpaper....Think dark
If your phone uses an OLED screen like most samsung galaxy series, using a brightly coloured wallpaper will eventually and gradually suck your battery juice. This is because OLED screens lights up each pixels automatically,so brighter colours will need more power. So the darker the better.

makes total sense.
lemme goan change my wallpapercheesy
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by AwesomeRomeo: 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
100% Is Not The Safest
A little strange but true, its always seems like the right thing to leave your phone plugged in till it hits 100%, but according to tech experts, your battery fares better within the 40-80% range. So leaving it around this range through out the day is the ideal choice. Which means plugging your phone almost all the time.
This one is a bit weird!

Op I may accept the the rest of the reasons but I won't accept this reason sad
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by joey150(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
100% Is Not The Safest
This one is a bit weird!

totally true bro.. Though its hard to always keep it at 80%.. Even for me. In the long run its better for the battery
you can google it.
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by Samzack(m): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
joey150:
hope no be keke you dey try park here?
No na itz my ferarri hope it doesn't scratch
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by joey150(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Samzack:

No na itz my ferarri hope it doesn't scratch
your ferarri should not scratch my private jet abeg... I cant shout..park am well
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by guente02(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
100% Is Not The Safest
This one is a bit weird!

Its even better to keep the battery level between 50 to 100% as this reduces the time it'll take your battery to loose its original capacity. Hypothetically speaking, most battery using lion lithium chemistry has it a battery will loose 20% of its original charge after 200 cycles (0 to 100% makes a circle), so limiting charge level to at most 50% you enjoy longer lasting battery but in Nigeria this feat doesn't come easy at least not with our steady erratic power supply.

1 Like

Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
guente02:

Its even better to keep the battery level between 50 to 100% as this reduces the time it'll take your battery to loose its original capacity. Hypothetically speaking, most battery using lion lithium chemistry has it a battery will loose 20% of its original charge after 200 cycles (0 to 100% makes a circle), so limiting charge level to at most 50% you enjoy longer lasting battery but in Nigeria this feat doesn't come easy at least not with our steady erratic power supply.

Doesnt come easy at all
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by joey150(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
BaconSandwich:

Doesnt come easy at all
yeah true..people dont use smartphones long enough to notice very huge battery defect.

Plus you could easily replace them these days. But i prefer maintianing them for as long as possible.
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by Samzack(m): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
joey150:
your ferarri should not scratch my private jet abeg... I cant shout..park am well
Did i mention my car transforms...so b carefully with dat ur oversized metal no strength to sue
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by milky3(f): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by adefowope14(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by Kinstein: 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Facebook app is a major battery sucker.

The poor network reception is vert true.. I noticed it too
Re: 6 Other Reasons Why Your Phone's Battery May Be Dieing Faster by joey150(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2016
Kinstein:
Facebook app is a major battery sucker.

The poor network reception is vert true.. I noticed it too
do the needful then

(1) (Reply)

Can You Buy A Diamond Studded Iphone 7 For N416m? / Android 7.1 Nougat Now Available For SGS Note 2 / Gionee At It Again..... !!! GIONEE S6s (3 Gig Ram, 32gig Rom)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.