Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,296 members, 7,954,179 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... (1112 Views)

Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
pls house, have concluded in having forum site liken or better than Nairaland. have search all the web and I have discover many numbers of forum script but I think 3 out of which are best and commonly use.

So pls, as I said, I know Nairaland is best Nigeria forum and its undefeatable but I want a different template that will beat Nairaland. So out of this 3

1. PHPbb
2. Simple machine, and
3. bbPHP

which one should I choose...pls.
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by tempest01(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nairaland uses simple machines forum....though the script has been tweaked.

I don't think you can rival NL...it will take time and give resources to do that. Find something that has not been ventured in a lot and try your luck.....

If you still think you can....then go ahead and give it a shot.
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by mokoshalb(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
haconjy:
pls house, have concluded in having forum site liken or better than Nairaland. have search all the web and I have discover many numbers of forum script but I think 3 out of which are best and commonly use.

So pls, as I said, I know Nairaland is best Nigeria forum and its undefeatable but I want a different template that will beat Nairaland. So out of this 3

1. PHPbb
2. Simple machine, and
3. bbPHP

which one should I choose...pls.
they are all OK, but there looks differs, but they are better ones, pm me...
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
tempest01:

I don't think you can rival NL...it will take time and give resources to do that. Find something that has not been ventured in a lot and try your luck.....

Thanks for that
of cause I may not meet up with Nairaland but something is missing in Nairaland that we differentiate between them...
my vission is differ...thanks so much...
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
tempest01:

Thanks for that
of cause I may not meet up with Nairaland but something is missing in Nairaland that we differentiate between them...
but I know a drop of water will one day make a mighty ocean..
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by OnWebTech: 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
haconjy:

Thanks for that
but I know a drop of water will one day make a mighty ocean..

Can we partner grin
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 6:13am On Jul 17, 2016
OnWebTech:

Can we partner grin
Of cause, so far you have something to offer... I love..space open for others too.
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by Nextep: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2016
@onwebtech. Bruva! Kindly send me de long tail pro too....vinncept@gmail.com.
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
pls advise me
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by NRepublic: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
You can check this out if you plan on doing phpbb

http://forum.naijarepublic.com
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
something are missing
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by yawatide(f): 3:59am On Aug 05, 2016
I would disagree that NL is "undefeatable". MySpace was defeated by FaceBook, etc etc. Will it be tough? Sure...But that doesn't make it impossible.

Just have a good Unique Selling Point, offering something that NL doesn't and/or improve upon what NL is doing now, and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by izzy111: 8:52am On Aug 05, 2016
check out www.colourcampus.com l say its NL on steriods. :-)
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2016
yawatide:
I would disagree that NL is "undefeatable". MySpace was defeated by FaceBook, etc etc. Will it be tough? Sure...But that doesn't make it impossible.

Just have a good Unique Selling Point, offering something that NL doesn't and/or improve upon what NL is doing now, and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

of cause...you spoke 30% of what I have in mind...
am a marketer by profession and I know what I have that no one ever have..
thanks..
I just need advise on any of those forum above on which to use..and a professional to help and lastly, a joint work...
two good heads are better than one...
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2016
Am still studying more... but its like I will prefer xenforo to above forum script...
Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by izzy111: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
phpbb is the best to go with because it is open source. It has a large community of users supporting it by writing much needed extensions and creating nice looking styles. a few popular sites using phpbb are arstenica.com, gaiaonline.com, joomla support forum, blender.com(the graphics engine forum)...
Even the colourful 9ja forum www.colourcampus.com is also powered by phpbb check it out.
The potential in phpbb is endless.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum Rival: Advise Pls.... by haconjy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
izzy111:
phpbb is the best to go with because it is open source. It has a large community of users supporting it by writing much needed extensions and creating nice looking styles. a few popular sites using phpbb are arstenica.com, gaiaonline.com, joomla support forum, blender.com(the graphics engine forum)...
Even the colourful 9ja forum www.colourcampus.com is also powered by phpbb check it out.
The potential in phpbb is endless.

I love your advise...am still in the cause of training and learning all this scripts...
but still thank u more...I will invite u when the opening of the sites come....
..all is about nairaland rival...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Display Adsense Ads On Opera Mini / .......yyg / Make Money With Content.Ad Or Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.