Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? (31184 Views)

What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? / What Does Matthew 5:38 Really Mean? / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
means there shoukdn't be anything you can't give up or avoid for the kingdom
Re: What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? by kilo4sure: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
IBROHIM:
clap for urself! Keep determining what's literal and what's implied! Confused people!
But even common sense is enough to tell us that this passage is not literal na, for example in what way does your right hand cause you to sin? Also remember Jesus was a man full of many stories and proverbs.
Re: What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? by Oletubo(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
Christians of today don't read this or any other related portions anymore, even the Pastor's don't read or teach such anymore!
Today, what people read and memorise things that relates to prosperity only. Heaven is secondary!
The Lord shall provide my need according to His riches in glory is the main thing now!
Re: What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? by oaroloye(m): 3:59am On Jul 18, 2016
SHALOM!

Anyone who needs to ask what a straightforward statement of Yahshua means must be a Hypocrite, because Yahshua preached to SIMPLE and FUNCTIONALLY-ILLITERATE people, who didn't need complicated and convoluted Doctrines that only Genius IQ could understand.

. NUMBERS 16:23-33.

23. And The LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
24. "Speak unto The Congregation, saying,

'GET YOU UP FROM ABOUT
THE TABERNACLE OF KORAH,
DATHAN, AND ABIRAM.' "

25. And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the Elders of Israel followed him.
26. And he spake unto the Congregation, saying, "Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their Sins."
27. So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.
28. And Moses said,
"Hereby ye shall know that The LORD hath sent me to do all these Works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
29. "If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then The LORD hath not sent me.
30. "But if The LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the Pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked The LORD."
31. And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
32. And the Earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
33. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the Pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the Congregation.

SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT READ THE BIBLE BEFORE GETS FLABBERWHELMED AND OVERGHASTED (sic) BY SIMPLE QUESTIONS.

PEOPLE GOING TO HELL with their BODIES has HAPPENED before, and it can happen again, and any serious and intelligent person will make ANY SACRIFICE, rather than face the possibility of experiencing that.

. MATTHEW 5:21-30.

21. "Ye have heard that it was said by then of Old Time,
'Thou shalt not kill;
and whosoever shall kill;
shall kill shall be in danger
of The Judgment:'
22. "But I say unto you,
'That whosoever is angry
with his Brother
without a Cause
shall be in Danger
of The Judgment:'
And 'whosoever shall say to his Brother "RACA," shall be in Danger of The Council:'
But whosoever shall say,
"Thou Fool,"
shall be in Danger of Hell Fire.'

23. "Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the Altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24. "Leave there thy gift before the Altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25. "Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the Judge, and the judge deliver thee to the Officer, and thou be cast into Prison.
26. "Verily I say unto thee,

'Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.'

27. "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,

'Thou shalt not commit adultery:'

28. "But I say unto you,

'That whosoever looketh on a woman
to lust after her
hath committed adultery with her
already in his heart.'

29. "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into Hell.
30. "And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into Hell."

IF YOU HAD BOTHERED TO READ THE CONTEXT, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YAHSHUA WAS TALKING ABOUT DESPERATELY AVOIDING ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE PUNISHABLE BY GOD.

GEORGE LAMSA, the translator of the Aramaic Bible, said that to pluck out one's EYE was an Aramaic Idiom, meaning: "TO STOP COVETING."

To cut off one's hand, meant "TO STOP STEALING."

To cut off one's foot, meant "TO STOP COMMITTING ADULTERY."

A person who literally has to cut off the body part they sin with in order to stop committing the Sin, must be serious- but still STUPID.

If a SENSIBLE person had to CHOOSE between SINCERE REPENTANCE and AMPUTATION, they would choose SINCERE REPENTANCE.

NO LUST SIN can stand up to TWO WEEKS OF FASTING!
Re: What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? by dozofavour(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Literally pulling the eyes involves pain so if there something preventing you from doing what is right like viewing pnoography it will take time and also sacrifice this that may hurt U to quit
Re: What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? by Amujale(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
The Christian Bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast / David Ibiyeomie Curses Yahoo Boys "You'll Get Accident" / I Need Deliverance, I Have No Peace Of Mind When I'm Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.